DASA Counselling 2019- The examination conducting body has started the counselling process by starting the first round of seat allotment on 24 June 2019. The eligible candidates have to participate in the counselling process as per the schedule decided by the conducting body. DASA, i.e., Direct Admission of Students Abroad is the admission procedure for providing admission to PIOs, Non-Resident Indians and foreign candidates under DASA scheme 2019 into various renowned colleges and institutes within India. DASA is administered by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MRHD) department of the Indian Government. Candidates who will be able to qualify the DASA 2019 admission process, will be an opportunity to study Management, Design, Architecture and engineering courses from IIEST, IIITs, NITs, SPAs, Central Universities and various other Premier & Centrally Funded Technical Institutions within India. DASA provides both Under Graduate courses and Post Graduate courses to the candidates on the basis of their SAT marks. All the aspiring candidates must read this article to get an overview of DASA Counselling 2019, all the important dates of the counselling and its procedure of the DASA 2019.
Latest Update: The counselling process has been by starting the first round of seat allotment on 24 June 2019. Go through the link given below for allotment process:
DASA Counselling 2019: Key Info
The counselling is the last step of the DASA 2019 admission process. The DASA Counselling 2019 will be conducted to allot seats to the shortlisted candidates. The counselling is being held once the result for DASA 2019 will be declared and the DASA Merit List 2019 will be prepared. The conducting authority of the DASA 2019 set the cutoff marks. All the candidates who will satisfy the cutoff criteria by scoring more marks than the DASA cutoff 2019 set will be shortlisted for the counselling round of the DASA 2019.
The counselling for the DASA 2019 will be conducted in online mode. According to the official schedule of DASA 2019, the counselling for the DASA 2019 undergraduate courses is started from 24 June 2019 and will finish on 8 August 2019. The DASA Counselling 2019 for the postgraduate candidates will start sometime in the 1st week of July 2019 and will finish in the 3rd week of July 2019. The conducting body of the DASA 2019 will consider the SAT entrance Test marks of the candidates for providing them with admission into Under Graduate Courses. It would also consider the GRE/GMAT scores of the candidates for providing them with admission into Post Graduate courses.
During the DASA Counselling 2019, all the candidates will have to produce the scanned copies of their original documents for verification. The candidates will also have to do the choice filling of the courses and colleges online. There will be various rounds of counselling for allotting seats to the candidates. There will be around 4 rounds for allotting Under Graduate courses seats to the candidates, whereas, there will be 2 rounds of counselling for allotting seats to the candidates applying for the Post Graduate Courses.
DASA Counselling 2019: Important Dates
The following are the important dates regarding the DASA counselling 2019 for the undergraduate courses:
|DASA Counselling Events||Dates|
|Seat Allotment (Round 1)||24 June 2019|
|1st Round of Seat Confirmation||24 to 27 June 2019|
|Seat Allotment (Round 2)||30 June 2019|
|2nd Round Seat Confirmation||30 June to 3 July 2019|
|Seat Allotment (Round 3)||6 July 2019|
|3rd Round of Seat Confirmation||6 to 9 July 2019|
|Refilling of Choice & Registration of Fresh Applicants||10 to 13 July 2019|
|Seat Allotment (Round 4)||17 July 2019|
|4th Round of Seat Confirmation||17 to 20 July 2019|
|Candidates’ Reporting to their respective allotted Institutions||21 to 26 July 2019|
|Vacant seat matrix announcement for spot round||29 July 2019|
|Refilling of Choice & Registration of Fresh Applicants for spot round||30 July to 1 August 2019|
|Spot Round allotment for vacant seats||3 August 2019|
|Candidates’ Reporting to their respective allotted Institutions||4 to 8 August 2019|
All the candidates are informed that the above mentioned table contains official dates and provides all the important dates regarding the DASA counselling 2019. The candidates can use these dates to start preparing for the Counselling for the DASA in advance. For getting the list of exact dates the candidates are requested to visit this website regularly because the official list of DASA important dates 2019 will be published here whenever it would be released by the conducting body.
Procedure of DASA Counselling 2019
Now, lets us know the procedure according to which the DASA counselling 2019 will be held, in order to have an idea of what things the candidates, who will be applying for the DASA 2019 will require to do in order to get the desired seat while the counselling round of DASA 2019:
- The DASA counselling will be held after the Merit List for the DASA 2019 will be prepared. The DASA Counselling 2019 is started from 24 June 2019 for the UG courses.
- All the shortlisted candidates will have to do the counselling for the DASA 2019 online. The counselling will be done in various rounds and the candidates will be able to attend the counselling according to their rank in the Merit List of the DASA 2019. For attending the counselling for DASA 2019, the candidates will have to go to the counselling website of the DASA. They will require to login to their account in the official website of the DASA by entering the login details.
- Once the candidate will log in to their account they will require doing the choice filling of the courses and colleges in the decreasing order of priority and preference. All the candidates will be able to select the courses and colleges from the given list of all the available courses and colleges in the website, by clicking on the “Add” button after selecting the desired course or college. The candidates will be able to “Remove” a college or course from the list of selected colleges and courses. All the candidates are advised to select as many colleges and courses as possible in order to improve their chance of getting admission into one of their selected course and college.
- Once the candidates will select all the preferred colleges and courses from the list, they will require clicking on the “Submit” button. The candidates are requested to review their choice of courses and colleges before submitting their choices because they will not be able to make any changes after submitting their choices.
- Once the candidates will finalize and submit the list of preferred courses and colleges, the candidates will be allotted seats on the basis of their rank in the DASA 2019 Merit List, their choice of courses and colleges and on the basis of the availability of seats. The choice of filling and the seat allotment will be done in real time; therefore, the candidates will be allotted seats immediately once they will click on the “Submit” button.
- Once the candidates will be allotted seats, the candidates will have 3 options- Freeze, Float and Reject. The candidates who will be happy with the allotted seat must click on the “Freeze” button to accept the allotted seat. All the candidates who will not be satisfied with the allotted seats and would be looking for upgradation of the seat, are required to click on the “Float” button, whereas the candidates who will not be happy with the allotted seat and who don’t want to look for upgradation of the seats are required to click on the “Reject” button.
- All the candidates who will not be satisfied with the allotted seats and are looking for upgradation can participate in the later rounds of the DASA counselling 2019.
- Once the seats will be allotted seats and they will accept the seats the candidates will require to report to the allotted college for completing the remaining admission process in order to get admission into the allotted course.
This is all about the counselling procedure of DASA 2019 which provides the candidates from abroad with an opportunity to study engineering in renowned Indian institutions.