CUSAT CAT Eligibility Criteria 2019 – Aspirants willing to apply for CUSAT CAT 2019 will need to feed the basic protocol to get admissions. In order to be eligible for admissions in the bachelor degree courses of engineering as offered by Cochin University of Science & Technology, aspirants will need to satisfy the eligibility criteria as described for entrance exam. CUSAT CAT Eligibility Criteria 2019 includes age limitation, qualification, percentage scored, scoring marks of the test etc. This exam will be of 3 hours duration, based on objective type questions. Each question will carry 3 marks with negative marking for wrong answers. The negative mark will carry 1 mark for each wrong question. After qualifying the exam the candidate can take admission to various courses like B.Tech, B.Tech (Lateral Entry), five years integrated M.Sc., LLB, BBA LLB, B.Com LLB, M.Tech, MBA, MCA etc. The university itself is the authority who conducts the exam. CUSAT CAT 2019 also conducts Lateral Entrance Test and Department Admission Test. The students get admission in its three affiliated courses. The candidates who want to take admission in any branches of the B.Tech courses have to appear in this exam and get qualified. This article is based on CUSAT CAT Eligibility Criteria 2019. It gives all the vital materials for eligibility criteria which the candidate must look before filling up the exam form. The university has different centers in different places. It is a computer-based online mode exam. The conducting body provides syllabus for the students to appear the exam to get better output. The exam schedule is in the last week of April, 2019. Read the complete article to know the detailed insights of CUSAT CAT Eligibility Criteria 2019.
CUSAT CAT Eligibility Criteria 2019
The eligibility criteria is required to pursue any further or higher studies. It is also required to appear exams. If one is not eligible according to the conditions set by the university authority, then he or she will not be allowed to get admission. Therefore, the candidate must go through the eligibility criteria before filling up the form. The CUSAT CAT Eligibility Criteria 2019 includes:
- The candidate must pass 12th standard with 45% marks in PCM.
- The student must pass from a recognized university.
- For B.com LLB/ BA LLB, the candidate has to qualify the Plus Two with 65% in marks for Science stream and 55% marks for other streams.
- The candidate must be of 20 yrs. old for general categories and 22 for SC/ST and OBC candidates
- The candidates who belong from Kerala SC (KSC) and Kerala ST (KST) communities are also eligible to apply for the exam.
- The socially and educationally backward classes of Kerala state are eligible for 5% relaxation in the minimum required marks for qualifying examination.
- The SEBC candidates of Kerala state has to 45% marks in in PCM.
- For getting admission in LLB, the student has to be graduated with 40% aggregate marks (35% for SC/ST). He/ she must pass out from a recognized university.
- The candidate must possess Indian citizenship.
- For Post-Graduation courses like MCA, the candidate must be a Science graduate with Mathematics as one of the subjects or graduate in Electronics/Information Technology/Computer Science/Computer Applications/ Engineering/Technology with 55% aggregate marks
- For LLM, the bachelor degree need to clear with 45% marks.
- For M.Tech courses, those who are applying on the basis of MAT and GATE score, have 5% relaxation in the qualifying examination marks.
|3 Year LLB||· Must have qualified bachelor’s degree in any stream with 40% aggregate marks · It is 35% marks for candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.|
|5 Year integrated M.Sc in Photonics||· Must have qualified 12th class from the state of Kerala with PCM subjects. · Must have secured minimum 50% marks in Mathematics and 50% marks in PCM subjects together.|
|B.Tech||· Must have qualified 12th class from the state of Kerala or any equivalent examination. · Must have secured minimum 50% marks in Mathematics and 50% marks in PCM subjects together.|
|B.Tech Instrumentation Technology||· Must have qualified 10+2 from any recognized state or national board with Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry. · Must have secured 60% in PCM together and 55% marks in Mathematics individually. · For SEBC candidates of Kerala state it is, minimum 55% marks in PCM subjects together and 50% marks in Mathematics is required.|
|B.Tech Marine Engineering||· Must have qualified 12th class or equivalent examination with minimum 60% marks in PCM subjects together and 50% marks individually in mathematics. · Must have qualified 12th and 10th class with English with minimum 50% marks. · Vocational/diploma candidates are not eligible to apply for CUSAT CAT. · Maximum prescribed age limit is 25 years as on 1st September of the year of admission.|
|B.Tech Naval Architecture & Ship Building||· Must have qualified 12th class from the state of Kerala or any other equivalent examination with minimum 60% marks. · Candidates should have scored minimum 50% marks in Mathematics and 50% marks in PCM subjects together.|
|BBA.LL.B (Hons.) & B.Com.LL.B. (Hons.)||· Must have qualified 12th class in science stream with minimum 60% marks. · It is minimum 55% marks in commerce, arts, or humanities. · As per the age criteria, a candidate must have not completed 20 years of age as on 1st July of the year of admission · It is 22 years of age for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC categories.|
|LLM||· Must have qualified the bachelor’s degree in law with at least 45% marks.|
|M. Voc. in Mobile Phone Application Development||· Must have qualified B.Tech in Information Technology/Computer Science/Electronics & Communication with minimum 60% marks OR · MCA or MSc Computer Science with first class OR · B Voc. degree in relevant disciplines with at least 60% marks.|
|M. Voc. in Technology & Management Consulting||· Qualified B.Tech in branch of engineering with minimum 60% marks OR · Qualified MBA with 60% marks OR · Qualified B Voc. degree in relevant disciplines with at least 60% marks.|
|M.A. in Applied Economics||· Qualified bachelor’s degree in economics with 55% marks OR · B.Com, BBA, BBM with Economics as one of the subjects with 60% marks OR · B.Sc. Mathematics or Statistics with 65% marks (passing marks required for SC/ST).|
|M.Sc Computer Science||· Must have qualified with 3-years Bachelor degree in computer science, information technology, computer applications, or computer science and engineering with 60% marks.|
|M.Tech||· Must have qualified B.Tech or equivalent degree in relevant discipline with minimum 60% marks from a recognized university/institution. · Should have a valid GATE Score.|
|MBA||· Must have Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with minimum aggregate of 50% marks. · Should possess a valid score in MAT, CMAT or CAT.|
|MCA||· Must have qualified graduation in science stream with Mathematics or · Electronics, Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Applications, Engineering, Technology with minimum aggregate of 55% marks|
CUSAT CAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria for Reserved Category
The Cochin University of Science & Technology offers admissions to eligible candidates who
are based on the reservation criteria. These reservation criteria are established as per the rules and regulation of the Kerala Government. The CUSAT CAT Eligibility Criteria 2019 for Reserved Category is based on:
- State merit.
- All India merit seats.
- All India Quota and Non-Resident Indian seats.
- 3% seats are reserved for physically handicapped candidates with 40% disability
- A blind candidate is also eligible to appear the exam. A reservation quota for blind candidates is kept only for MA in Hindi and LLM courses.
- 50% seats are reserved for the candidate who want to pursue MPhil Programs but have at least 2 years of teaching experience.
Why to check eligibility criteria before applying?
The candidates need to check CUSAT CAT Eligibility Criteria 2019 before applying because it helps them to know whether they are eligible to pursue the course or appear the exam.
The above article is based on CUSAT CAT Eligibility Criteria 2019. The candidate need to follow this before filling up the application form. The candidate can find all the information related to eligibility criteria in this article. Therefore, the candidate required to go through the article thoroughly.
Good luck to all! For further queries and information, you can leave your comment below.