COMEDK UGET Seat Reservation 2019- Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental College will be responsible for conducting COMEDK UGET 2019 entrance exam. All the colleges that are under COMEDK generally follow a Reservation Policy for the certain number of seats in the engineering colleges for some particular categories. Candidates, who want to be considered for COMEDK UGET Seat Reservation 2019, must clear the entrance exam that will be held on May 2nd week 2019. The COMEDK UGET seat allotment will be done in the online mode based on the merit list of the candidate, seat availability and the preferences selected by them during the counselling process. COMEDK Reservation policy comes into account during the Seat allotment process. The seat allotment system of COMEDK UGET 2019 is a part of the counselling process. At this counselling process, the candidates will be allotted seats in the participating institutes. Therefore, it is obvious that while allotting the seats, those candidates who secured a higher rank will be given first preferences over the lower-ranked candidates. Over 181 Engineering and Architecture colleges will participate in COMEDK entrance exam for admitting students into various undergraduate courses in Karnataka. The COMEDK 2019 result will be announced probably in the last week of May 2019. This article contains information about the COMEDK UGET Seat Reservation 2019.
COMDEK Seat Allotment 2019: Important Points
Candidates should go through the important points of COMEDK UGET Seat Reservation 2019 which are to be considered before proceeding further. Some of the important points related to the COMDEK UGET Seat Allotment 2019:-
- Candidates should note that seat allotment of COMDEK UGET 2019 will be done on the basis of merit list and on the basis of their rank the candidates will be allocated their respective colleges.
- The counselling process will be done in online mode through single window system. The confirmation letter will be given to the candidate after seat selection procedure.
- Candidates are required to confirm their seat of COMDEK UGET 2019 by paying Rs. 50,000 through DD, which should be drawn in favour of “COMEDK” payable at Bangalore.
- After the successful payment, the fee receipt will be issued to the candidate along with the COMEDK 2019 Seat Allotment letter.
- All the candidates are required to produce the necessary documents at the time of seat allotment.
Eligibility for Seat Reservation in COMEDK 2019
Candidates are required to specify their category while filling up the COMEDK UGET Application Form 2019. COMEDK UGET Seat Reservation 2019 states that once the candidate has entered his or her category, there will be no chance to make any changes after submitting the form. Therefore, during the counselling procedure, the candidates must produce the category certificate and all other original documents. The following are the students who can apply for seat reservation.
- Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes candidates of Karnataka state.
- Candidates who belong to Hyderabad-Karnataka Region are eligible for reservation in COMEDK.
- The candidates who have Telugu or Tamil Linguistic Minority status are eligible for COMEDK UGET Seat Reservation 2019.
- Candidates from a religious minority in Karnataka are also eligible for COMEDK UGET Seat Reservation 2019.
Reservation Claim under COMEDK UGET 2019
Candidates who belong from SC, ST or OBC would like to know how to claim reservation under COMEDK. Candidates can proceed to apply for seat reservation while filling up the application form. They are required to select between Karnataka and Non-Karnataka Candidates. In order to be eligible for any reservation under Hyderabad Karnataka Region, they should be a Karnataka Candidate. Therefore, they are required to fulfil the following criteria of COMEDK UGET Seat Reservation 2019 to get considered as a Karnataka Candidate.
- The candidate by birth should belong from Karnataka.
- The candidates must have done seven years of schooling and have passed class 10 and class 12 from Karnataka state.
- The candidates must have passed 10th and 12th class from the Karnataka state or else the candidates’ parents must have done minimum seven years of their schooling from the state of Karnataka.
COMEDK Reservation Criteria
There are some set reservation criteria for candidates who belong to the reserved category. COMEDK UGET Reservation Criteria 2019 have their own reservation policy for admission into B.Tech courses. Here are some categories for which reservation is available.
For SC/ST/OBC Candidates
Under SC, ST and OBC category, only Karnataka candidates will be eligible for reservation in COMEDK colleges. Therefore in order to apply for undergraduate engineering programmes, they should attain minimum 40% aggregate marks in the qualifying exam. The candidates who belong from OBC categories must select their sub-category from CAT 1, CAT 2A, CAT 2B, CAT 3A, CAT 3B as per the norms established by Government of Karnataka.
While filling up the application form, the Karnataka candidates will be eligible to claim reservation under Linguistic Minority in COMEDK colleges. Such category is made for those students who seek to take admission in Institutions considered as the linguistic minority. Therefore, these candidates must select Tulu-Karnataka in their application form. During the time of admission and counselling procedure, the candidates are required to produce their Tulu Minority certificate. However, the applicants who don’t belong to Linguistic Minority should select ‘Not Applicable’ option.
COMEDK UGET Seat Reservation 2019 states that Karnataka candidates can also claim reservation under religious minority in many colleges. While entering the category information in the application form, they should mention if they belong from Christian Karnataka or from Christian Non-Karnataka Category. Therefore, these candidates can take admission in institutions which are declared as Religious Minority. Those who don’t belong to Religious Minority should select ‘Not Applicable’ option.
Hyderabad Karnataka Region
Hyderabad Karnataka Region is the last option in the Category section of COMEDK 2019 application form. The candidate has to choose between ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ option and if the candidate selects ‘yes’, then they should proceed to choose the area from where they belong. The following options will be available –
The candidates are required to produce a confirming certificate of Hyderabad Karnataka Region at the time of counselling process which is generally issued by the Jurisdictional Assistant Commissioner.
Documents Required for claiming Reservation in COMEDK Colleges
Candidates are required to produce the following documents if they are opting for COMEDK UGET Seat Reservation 2019 which they should carry at the time of counselling. In case of any fail in producing any of these documents will lead to the cancellation of their reservation category.
- Candidates are required to bring the mark sheet of Class 10 and class 12 who have passed from Karnataka.
- Documents are needed to actually verify if the candidate has completed 7 years of schooling from Karnataka.
- Documents are required to verify that at least one of candidates’ parents has completed 7 years of their schooling from Karnataka, even if candidates have not studied for 7 years in Karnataka state and completed only XI and XII class there.
- They should bring Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes Category certificate.
- They should produce Domicile Certificate which is signed by the Tahsildar.
- Religious and Linguistic Minority certificate and Hyderabad Karnataka Religion Eligibility Certificate are to be produced.