COMEDK UGET Eligibility Criteria 2019 and exam date has been determined by the examination conducting body for the candidates seeking admission through COMEDK UGET exam to be held in 2019. COMEDK UGET 2019 exam is scheduled to be held on 12 May 2019. Consortium of Medical, Engineering, and Dental of Karnataka is responsible for organizing the COMEDK UGET 2019 entrance exam. COMEDK UGET is considered as one of the most competitive entrance examinations. COMEDK has more than 150 colleges as their participating Institutions. It is an All India computer based entrance examination held across the country for providing admission into various Undergraduate Engineering programmes. COMEDK UGET exam is held every year to provide an opportunity for various students to shape their career. Therefore, the conducting authority announces eligibility criteria for COMEDK UGET examination. The candidates who are willing to take admission through the entrance exam must meet the COMEDK UGET eligibility criteria 2019. The eligibility criteria include specifications like age criteria, nationality, qualifying exam with a minimum aggregate percentage, etc. are normally required for admissions into the B.Tech courses. The candidates who fail to meet the conditions of eligibility criteria will be disqualified from the admission procedure. The eligibility criteria are different for B.Tech and other courses. Only the eligible candidates will be able to attempt the COMEDK UGET entrance examination and will get an opportunity for taking admission into the various participating institutes. All the candidates should go through the COMEDK UGET Eligibility Criteria 2019 before proceeding for admission process.
Latest Update: The exam conducting authority has determined the COMEDK UGET Eligibility Criteria 2019 and announced the date of the exam. COMEDK UGET 2019 exam is scheduled to be held on 12 May 2019.
COMEDK UGET Eligibility Criteria 2019: Important Highlights
The COMEDK UGET Eligibility Criteria 2019 highlights some of the important points related to the entrance exam. The candidates must go through it for a better understanding of the exam prospects.
- The candidates will get the application form from the 2nd week of February 2019.
- The applicants should apply for COMEDK UGET through online mode.
- Candidates can fill up the application form till April 1st week of 2019.
- Candidates have to fill the same application form for Engineering & Architecture courses.
- Candidates have to pay Rs. 1200 as an application fee for COMEDK 2019 exam.
- As per the COMEDK UGET Eligibility Criteria 2019, the candidates have to pass XII class or equivalent examination.
- They can download the bank Challan and submit at any branch of Axis Bank.
- As per the COMEDK UGET Eligibility Criteria 2019, the exam will be held through offline mode in the 1st week of May 2019.
COMEDK UGET Eligibility Criteria 2019 for UG Engineering Programme
The candidates should take into account the required eligibility criteria for appearing in the COMEDK UGET 2019 entrance examination.
- The most important part is that all the students should have passed their higher secondary examination from any recognized board.
- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English are the compulsory subjects that are needed to be eligible for COMEDK 2019.
- Passing marks is required for all the mandatory subjects and the minimum marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics should be 45% for general candidates and 40% for OBC, SC and ST category candidates of Karnataka state. Candidate should have studied Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects whereas, Chemistry or Bio-Technology or Computer Science or Biology or Electronics as one of the optional subjects to become eligible for the entrance exam.
- The Diploma pass candidates are not eligible to appear for COMEDK 2019 exam. Moreover, no lateral admissions systems are allowed as per the norms.
- Those candidates who are appearing for XII class or equivalent examination should bring the supporting documents at the time of admission.
COMEDK UGET Eligibility Criteria 2019 for Architecture Course
- All the candidates must have passed 12th class or equivalent examination from a recognized board with Mathematics as one of the subjects.
- Candidates must secure at least 50% aggregate marks for General candidates and 45% for Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes category.
- Candidates should pass 10+3 Diploma course mainly recognized by Central/State Government.
Domicile Criteria to be considered for Karnataka Category
The candidates will be considered under Karnataka Category, only if they possess the following domicile criteria-
- If any candidate who belongs from Karnataka state by birth is domicile and have done schooling for a minimum period of seven years, commencing from 1st standard to12th Standard as on 1st July of the entrance exam. The candidate should have passed either SSLC or 10th Standard or 12th Standard or equivalent examination from the State of Karnataka. In any case, if any candidate is found who have taken more than a year to pass a class, the years of academic study will be counted as one year only.
- Candidates who have studied and passed 11th and 12th standard examination within the Karnataka state from an educational institution recognized by the State Government and in other case candidate’s parents should have attained their educations in one of the Karnataka-based educational institutions for a minimum period of seven years. In that case, candidates are required to bring certificates issued by the competent authority to showcase the fact that either the candidate or their parents have been a resident of Karnataka State and that certificate will be required at the time of counseling.
It is important for all the candidates that each of them must fulfill the necessary COMEDK UGET Eligibility Criteria 2019. A merit list will be prepared based on scores attained by the students in the COMEDK UGET 2019 engineering test. COMEDK UGET 2019 will be conducted at many exam centers comprising 140 cities for admissions into the participating Institutes. Students should read the complete article to understand every detail regarding COMEDK UGET Eligibility Criteria 2019.