CEED 2020- IIT Bombay has released the official notification of the CEED 2020 exam along with announcing the CEED 2020 exam dates. The examination is a national level entrance examination of the design program which is conducted on behalf of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. IIT-Bombay is the official conducting body of the Common Entrance Exam for Design i.e. CEED 2020. The examination can be termed as a gateway to get admission in the M.Des and Ph.D. design courses. The candidates will be provided admission after qualifying the examination in IISC Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur, and many other institutions. The application form will be made available by Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay from 9th November 2020 and the examination will be conducted on 18th January 2020. The candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying for the application form. The admission conducting body will declare the result on 4th March 2020. This article will provide information regarding the CEED 2020 such as the important dates, how to fill the application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus and many more.
Important Dates regarding CEED 2020
The candidates must need to be aware of the dates for CEED 2020 which are announced now as it will give them as the glimpse of the events and they can prepare accordingly.
|CEED 2020 Events||Important Dates|
|Availability of CEED Application Form 2020||9th October 2019|
|Last date to fill the application Form 2020||9th November 2019|
|Online CEED 2020 Registration with Late Fee||10th-16th November 2019|
|Availability of CEED Admit Card 2020||1st January 2020 Onwards|
|Date of CEED Examination||18th January 2020|
|The release of Part A Draft Answer key||21st January 2020|
|The release of Part A Final Answer key||4 February 2020|
|Declaration of Result and scorecard||4th March 2020|
CEED 2020 Application Form
The candidates are advised to read the information brochure for filling the application form.
- The application form of CEED 2020 should be submitted through online mode.
- The registration window will be made from 9th October 2019.
- The candidates need to fill the application form before the last date of submission which is 9th November 2019 without late fee.
- The registration window with late payment charges will remain open from 10th to 16th November 2019.
- The candidates need to fill all the details in the application form carefully and upload the document according to the format prescribed.
- The authority will accept all the applications only after the payment of the application form.
- All the women candidates need to pay INR 1300 as an application fee.
- The candidates belonging from SC/ST/PWD need to pay INR 1300 as application fee.
- The application fee will be INR 2600 for all other candidates.
*Note- The extra late payment charges of Rs. 500 will be applicable to all the candidates if they don’t register till 9th November 2019.
Mode of Payment: The candidates will be able to pay the application form through credit card/debit card/ net banking. In any circumstances, the fee will be non-refundable and non-transferable.
Documents needed at the time of registration
- Recent color photograph in .jpg format
- Scanned copy of signature in .jpg format
- Scanned copy of the degree/diploma certificate (if the course is completed). If the candidates do not have the final degree certificate, they need to upload the copy of the final year mark or the provisional certificate.
- If the candidates do not complete the course, a certificate from the Principal of the college/Head of the department.
- Candidates belonging in the SC/ST/OBC-NCL category will have to produce valid category certificates which are issued by concerned authorities.
- Candidates belonging from 0PwD category must produce a valid medical certificate. The candidates from the PwD category requiring extra time during the examination will have to upload a request letter.
- The candidates must produce a gazette notification, a marriage certificate or scanned pages of the passport for the names of the candidates which is not the same as the name on the degree/diploma certificate.
CEED 2020 Information Brochure
CEED 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Some basic CEED Eligibility Criteria is mentioned underneath to appear in the examination. The details of each program will be available on the official websites of the respective institutions.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have qualified the degree/diploma/postgraduate degree of 4 years or 3+2 years (after 10+2 level). The candidates who are appearing for the final examination of degree/diploma/post graduate by July 2020, or must have passed the GD Arts diploma program (10+5 level) by July 2020 will be eligible to apply in CEED 2020
- Age Limit: No age limit is prescribed for appearing in CEED 2020.
- Attempt Limit: Candidates will be able to appear for CEED any number of times.
- The validity of the CEED Score Card: The CEED scorecard will be valid for the tenure of one year from the date of declaration of the result.
- GATE Score: Candidates who will be having GATE 2020 scorecard will also be able to apply.
CEED 2020 Exam Pattern
The candidates will be able to check the complete exam pattern of CEED 2020 in the section below.
- Mode: The CEED exam will be organized through online (CBT) mode. Part A answers need to be entered in the computer and the answers of Part B need to be written in the answer book provided by the invigilator.
- Duration of Examination: The examination will be conducted in three hours. One hour for Part 1 and two hours for Part 2.
- Maximum Marks: Both Part A and B contain a maximum of 100 marks.
- Sections: The CEED examination contains 5 sections.
Part B: The total marks Part B carries is 100 and it contains 5 questions. The candidates will have to answer each question as there will not be any optional questions. The candidate must answer each question on the pages designated for that question.
CEED Exam Pattern 2020 – Mark Distribution for Part A
|Section||Number of Questions||Question Number||Marks if Correct||Marks if Wrong||Marks if not Attempted||Total Marks|
|NAT||8||1 — 8||3||0||0||24|
|MSQ||10||9 — 18||3||− 0.2||0||30|
|MCQ||23||19 — 41||2||− 0.5||0||46|
|Total||41||1 — 41||10|
CEED Exam Pattern 2020 – Mark Distribution for Part B
|Section||Number of Questions||Question Number||Total Marks|
|Total||5||1 — 5||100|
CEED 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus is divided into two parts, Part A and Part B.
- The Part A syllabus will contain topics like Analytical and logical reasoning, Environmental and social awareness, Visualization and spatial ability, Language and creativity, Design thinking and problem solving, Observation and design sensitivity.
- The syllabus of Part B will be prepared from the topics which are Creativity, Drawing, Communication skills, Analytical and problem-solving skills. The candidates need to practice their drawing, rendering and visualization skills. The candidates can practice the question papers of some of the previous years which are available on the CEED.
CEED 2020 Exam Centres
The CEED Exam will be organized in the mentioned below cities.
CEED 2020 Admit Card
The admit card of CEED 2020 will be made available for download from 1st January 2020 onwards. Ther candidates can download the same by providing the required credential on the official website. The candidates are advised to take a clear color printout of the admit card to appear in the examination hall.
CEED 2020 Answer Key
The candidates who have appeared in the UCEED 2020 exam can check the Final Answer key for the same on the official website from 4 February 2020. Previously, the candidates could check the individual answer key by logging on the official website. Thereafter, the candidates who are not satisfied with the released answer key could send the complaint against it by 31 January 2020. The exam conducting body has reviewed the received complaint and then prepared the final answer key of CEED 2020 exam and publish the same on its student portal. The final answer key of CEED 2020 Part A exam is released on 4 February 2020 for the candidates who have appeared in the exam. CEED 2020 result will be prepared on the basis of the final answer key released by the conducting body.
CEED Result 2020
The result of CEED will be published in online mode on 4 March 2020. The scorecard of CEED 2020 is also generated along with result declaration. The result and scorecard are announced by the conducting body on 4th March 2020. The conducting authority has already released the CEED answer key for the convenience of the candidates. The draft version CEED Answer Key 2020 for Paper 1 is released on 25 January 2020. The candidates will be selected based on the marks obtained by the candidates in Part A of the examination.
CEED 2020 Admission
The list of the qualified candidates in CEED will be shared with the participating institutes. There will not be any centralized counselling conducted by the exam authority for seat allotment. Following the result declaration, the candidates will have to apply to the respective institution website for further admission process. Each of the institutions will be proving the notification for admission on their website.
Stay tuned to this page to receive the latest updates about CEED 2020. Post your comments in the section below to get the response from our experts.