BITSAT Eligibility Criteria 2020 is determined by the Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS) for the candidates who want to appear in the BITSAT exam to be held in 2020. The candidates seeking admission at any of the 3 campuses of BITS firstly need to know the BITSAT Eligibility Criteria 2020 as set by the conducting body because no candidates will be allowed to appear in BITSAT 2020 exam if they do not fulfill the eligibility criteria as set by the conducting body. Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS) describes the eligibility criteria for BITSAT 2020 exam in the official notification for the exam. The candidates who want to participate in BITSAT admission need to first register themselves for the exam by filling and submitting the BITSAT Application Form 2020. But before proceeding with the application process, candidates must ensure that they are falling under the eligibility criteria set by the exam conducting authority. The candidates can fill up the online application form from December 2019 and BITSAT exam will be held from the 3rd week of May to the last week of May 2020. The candidates who will score more than minimum required marks will qualify the exam and will be eligible to get admission into various undergraduate engineering courses at any of the BITS campuses. The candidates will be able to choose the campus as per their choice. Aspirants will have three choices from BITS Pilani, BITS Goa, and BITS Hyderabad. Any candidates failing to fulfill the BITSAT Eligibility Criteria 2020 will be disqualified from the admission process. Keep reading the whole article to know BITSAT Eligibility Criteria 2020 in detail.
BITSAT Eligibility Criteria 2020
It is mandatory for all the aspirants to fulfill the eligibility criteria for BITSAT 2020 exam. Before starting the application process, candidates are advised to go through the eligibility criteria thoroughly. If a candidate fails to meet the eligibility criteria, the BITS authority will cancel his/her candidature. Below we have given the detailed BITSAT Eligibility Criteria for reference of all the candidates willing to appear for the exam.
BITSAT Eligibility Criteria 2020 – For all courses (except B.Pharma)
- Candidates must have qualified 12th class or equivalent from any recognized central board or state board.
- Aspirants must have scored minimum 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology
- It is mandatory to score at least 60% marks in each subject (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/ Biology)
- Other than Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/ Biology, proficiency in English is must.
BITSAT Eligibility Criteria 2020 – For B.Pharma aspirants
- Candidates applying for the exam must have passed their 12th class or equivalent exam from recognized central board or state board or any equivalent board.
- Candidates who have passed their 10+2 exams in 2019 or will be appearing in 2020 are also eligible to apply.
- Every candidate applying must have scored 75% marks in 12th 60% marks in each Physics, chemistry, and Biology is necessary.
- Aspirants must know that other than PCB, proficiency in English is mandatory too.
BITSAT Eligibility Criteria 2020 – Other Conditions
- If a candidate has appeared for the 10+2 exam for more than one, then the latest performance of the candidate will be considered.
- Candidates, who have qualified their 12th exam in 2018 or earlier, will not be considered eligible to apply for BITSAT 2020.
- Aspirants, who are presently studying in any of the campuses of Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS), can not apply for this entrance exam.
- Candidates willing to apply for the exam are required to score the minimum marks required in the 10+2 exam to apply for the exam.
BITSAT Eligibility Criteria 2020 – For Top Rankers
Central board toppers, State board toppers, or candidates securing 1st rank in India will be offered direct admissions in BITS institute. Such candidates do not need to appear for the BITSAT entrance exam and will be offered admissions to their preferred campus and course. Irrespective of their ranks, all such candidates will need to satisfy the other eligibility criteria described for admissions (qualifying exam, scores secured and subject combination).
BITSAT Application Form 2020
In December 2019, tentatively the exam conducting authority will release the BITSAT Application Form 2020. Candidates willing to apply for the exam must submit their application forms on or before the last date of application submission. No application will be considered valid and will be entertained by the exam conducted authority if submitted after the last date. Below you can go through the tabular representation of the application fee described for the exam.
BITSAT Application Fee 2020
Category of the candidates
BITSAT Application Fee 2020
Candidates opting for Dubai exam centre (male or female both)
US $60 (Rs. 4000)
BITSAT Eligibility Criteria 2020 – FAQs
If you are reading this, you must be willing to apply for the exam. Below here we have discussed the application process in brief for your reference.
Ques. I am 21 years old. Am I eligible to appear for BITSAT 2020?
Ans. The exam conducting authority has not stated and described any age limit for BITSAT exam.
Ques. How many times can a BITSAT aspirant appear for the entrance exam?
Ans. A candidate can give attempts for BITSAT exam only twice, as candidates’ who have qualified 12th class in 2019 or will be appearing in 2020 are considered eligible to sit in the exam.
Ques. I have completed my diploma this year. Can I apply for BITSAT 2020?
Ans. No, only 12th class qualified or appearing candidates are eligible to apply for the exam.
Ques. I have a gap year after my 10th class. Am I eligible to apply for BITSAT 2020 having a drop year?
Ans. If you are satisfying the year of qualifying examination criteria described by the BITS institute for the BITSAT exam, then you are eligible to apply for the exam.
Ques. Is there any reservation quota for NRI candidates?
Ans. No, there are no reservation quota NRI candidates. But NRI candidates can apply for the exam.
Comment below your queries regarding the BITSAT Eligibility Criteria 2020 in the comment box, if any.