BITSAT 2020 – The online mode application form of BITSAT 2020 exam will be made available from the first week of January 2020. Soon, the examination conducting body will release the official brochure for BITSAT 2020 exam along with the online mode application form on its website. The candidates willing to appear in the BITSAT exam in 2020 can submit the application form till the last week of March 2020. This university-level entrance exam will be conducted by Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani. Aspirants qualifying the BITSAT 2020 exam will be eligible for admissions into various degree courses as offered by three campuses of the exam conducting body, i.e. BITS Pilani, BITS Goa, and BITS Hyderabad. Candidates willing to get admissions in the university under various B.E, B.Pharma and M.Sc courses in various specializations through their scores in BITSAT 2020 will need to qualify this computer-based test. As per their preference and convenience, the candidates will be able to choose the campus they want to get admissions in. It is expected that BITS Pilani will convene the BITSAT 2020 exam from the 2nd week of May 2020. Go through the complete article to know all details regarding the exam, such as application form, admit card, eligibility criteria, important dates, etc for BITSAT 2020.
BITSAT 2020- Quick Review
The examination conducting body will soon reveal the official dates and other information related to BITSAT 2020 exam and we will provide the same here, till then check the tentative dates in the table below:
|Day & Date||I Year Examination||Day & Date||II year Examination|
|4th week of February 2020||PART-II:
2nd Language paper-I
4th week of February 2020
2nd language Paper-II
|1st week of February 2020||PART-I:
|1st week of March 2020||PART-I:
|1st week of March 2020||PART-III:
|1st week of March 2020||PART-III:
Mathematics Paper -IIA,
|1st week of March 2020||Mathematics Paper-IB
Zoology Paper -I
History Paper –I
|1st week of March 2020||Mathematics Paper –II B
History Paper –II
|2nd week of March 2020||Physics Paper-I
Economics Paper – I,
Classical Language Paper -I
|2nd week of March 2020||Physics Paper –II
Classical Language Paper –II
|2nd week of March 2020||Chemistry Paper – I
Commerce Paper -I
Sociology Paper -I,
Music Paper -I
|2nd week of March 2020||Chemistry Paper –II
Fine arts, Music Paper-II
|2nd week of March 2020||Geology Paper –I
Home Sciences Paper –I
Public Administration Paper-I
Logic Paper –I
Bridge Course Maths Paper-I
(for Bi.P.C candidates)
3rd week of March 2020
|Geology Paper –II
Home Sciences Paper-II
Logic Paper –II
Bridge Course Math Paper-II
(for Bi.P.C candidates)
|3rd week of March 2020||Modern Language Paper –I
Geography Paper -I
|3rd week of March 2020||Modern Language Paper -II
What’s Benefit of BITSAT 2020?
There are some great benefits of taking the BITSAT exam, the candidates will be benefited with the following:
- The candidates who fail to score minimum required marks in JEE Main exam have a chance to get admission into the UG level engineering program offered by top engineering institutions through the BITSAT exam 2020.
- Through BITSAT 2020, the state board toppers are offered direct admission to engineering programs in any of BITS campuses.
- The candidates will have the option to choose a program and stream as per their choice. BITS also allows the students to choose their preferred ‘course combinations’.
- The candidates who pursue B.tech program from BITS campuses are offered the best jobs available in the market.
BITSAT 2020 – Important Dates
The BITSAT Important Dates 2020 is announced along with the release of official information brochure for the exam. BITS Pilani has released all the dates for the application procedure, admit card, exam dates, results, counselling, etc. We advise candidates to keep track on the important dates for the exam so as to not miss any event. Below here we have provided official dates for BITSAT 2020 for your reference. As the official dates are released we have updated the same here on this page. Meanwhile, you can go through the official dates for BITSAT 2020 in the table below.
|BITSAT 2020 Events||BITSAT Important Dates 2020|
|BITSAT 2020 application starts||1st week of January 2020|
|BITSAT 2020 application ends||4th week of March 2020|
|BITSAT 2020 application correction window||4th week of March 2020|
|Allotment of BITSAT 2020 exam centre||
4th week of March 2020
|Slot booking starts||1st week of April 2020|
|Release of BITSAT 2020 admit card||2nd week of May 2020|
|BITSAT 2020 Exam||3rd week of May 2020|
|Apply for admission with 12th marks and Preferences||3rd week of June 2020|
|BITSAT Admit list and Waiting list announcement||3rd week of June 2020|
BITSAT 2020 Application Form
The BITSAT application form 2020 will be released in the first week of January 2020, officially. The examination conducting authority has also announced the date of starting application form. The application forms will be available online on the official website of conducting body. The candidates will be able to fill application forms for the exam till the last week of March 2020, officially. Along with filling the required details, the candidates will need to upload the scanned images of their photograph and signature. They will also get the choice to choose three exam centers on the basis of preference and convenience. Candidates must know that the application forms are to be filled only in online mode and there is no need to send the printed copy of the form to the university. In order to fill up the online application form, the candidates have to follow the instruction given below:
- Firstly, the candidates have to visit the official website and go through all the instructions carefully.
- Now, the candidates need to click on “Allow me to apply online” button and then choose the “New Registration” button.
- Fill the registration form with details like full name, DOB, email ID, security code and hit the “Proceed” button.
- Now the application form will open.
- Feed the form with your personal details, academic qualification, exam preferences, etc.
- Upload the scanned photograph and signature in the predefined format.
- Deposit the application fee either online or offline.
- Once the application fee is deposited successfully, review your application form.
- The candidates are advised to take a printout of the submitted application form for further reference.
Click here to fill the online application form of BITSAT 2020
BITSAT 2020 Application Fee
The candidates have to pay the application fee of BITSAT 2020 exam as per the fee details given below:
|For Male candidates||INR 3150|
|For Female candidates||INR 2650|
|For NRI candidates||$80|
BITSAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who are seeking admission into the B.Tech program through BITSAT 2020 and are willing to apply for the exam, they should go through the BITSAT Eligibility Criteria 2020. The exam conducting authority describes the eligibility criteria with the official announcement of the exam. The candidates can check the course-wise eligibility criteria below:
BITSAT Eligibility Criteria 2020 – For all courses (except B.Pharma)
- The candidates must have qualified 12thclass or equivalent from any recognized central board or state board.
- Aspirants must have scored a minimum 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology
- It is mandatory to score at least 60% marks in each subject (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/ Biology)
- Other than Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/ Biology, proficiency in English is a must.
BITSAT Eligibility Criteria 2020 – For B.Pharma aspirants
- Candidates applying for the exam must have passed their 12thclass or equivalent exam from a recognized central board or state board or an equivalent board.
- Candidates who have passed their 10+2 exams in 2019 or will be appearing in 2020 are also eligible to apply.
- Every candidate applying must have scored 75% marks in 12th, 60% marks in Physics, chemistry, and Biology is necessary.
- Aspirants must know that other than PCB, proficiency in English is mandatory too.
BITSAT Eligibility Criteria 2020 – Other Conditions
- If a candidate has appeared for 10+2 exam for more than one, then the latest performance of the candidate will be considered.
- Candidates, who have qualified their 12thexam in 2018 or earlier, will not be considered eligible to apply for BITSAT 2020.
- Aspirants, who are presently studying in any of the campuses of Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS), can not apply for this entrance exam.
- Candidates willing to apply for the exam are required to score the minimum marks required in the 10+2 exam to apply for the exam.
As per the eligibility criteria for BITSAT 2020 the candidates must have qualified their 12th standard with aggregate 75% in PCM and PCB from a recognized board in the year 2019 (candidates appearing in 2020 will also be considered eligible).
BITSAT 2020 Exam Centres
The candidates willing to fill up the online mode application form will have to select 3 exam centre in the application form from the list of exam centre given there. The candidates can also check the exam centre on this page. The exam conducting body releases the list of BITSAT 2020 Exam Centres along with the release of the BITSAT 2020 official notification. All the aspiring candidates willing to get admissions in various engineering courses through BITSAT 2020 can choose their preferred exam centers in India or in Dubai. The candidates will be allotted exam centre based on the choice they have selected while filling the application form. The candidates can check the expected list of exam centres below which is based on last year’s exam centres:
- Dubai Campus of BITS (International Center)
- Goa Campus of BITS
- Hyderabad Campus of BITS
- Hyderabad City
- Pilani campus of BITS
BITSAT 2020 Slot Booking
The candidates who fill up the online application form of the BITSAT 2020 exam are given extra time to book the exam time & date slot as per their convenience. The slot booking process will be concluded in the 2nd week of April 2020. The candidates must note that the BITSAT slot booking process will be done completely on the basis of First Come First Serve Basis. The candidates who will fail to book the exam slot as per their choice; they will be allotted exam slots by the exam conducting body. After finishing the slot booking process, the candidates will be able to download their admit card from the official website of BITS in online mode from the 2nd week of April 2020. The candidates have to book their BITSAT 2020 exam slot by following the instructions given below:
- Login with application number and date of birth.
- Choose an exam center.
- Choose a test date.
- Select a test slot.
- Submit the details.
BITSAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Exam pattern is a vital part of any exam as it has to be followed by the candidates during the entrance exam. Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani, which is the exam conducting a body of BITSAT 2020, will soon decide the exam pattern for the candidates. Till then, we have provided the exam pattern based on last year’s exam pattern. The candidates should check the complete BITSAT exam pattern 2020 before starting their preparations for the exam. The questions in the BITSAT 2020 exam will be based on Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, English Proficiency, Logical Reasoning subjects. The probable exam pattern of BITSAT 2020 exam is given below:
- Mode of the exam: The exam would be conducted in online mode only.
- Duration of the exam: The candidates will be given total 3 hours to take up the exam
- Type of Questions: Objective type questions will be asked in the exam
- Mode of Language: The language of paper will be English
- Subjects: The subjects of the entrance exam will be Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, English Proficiency, Logical Reasoning
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer is will carry 3 marks.
- Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted for each wrong answer
There will be 40 questions each from Physics and Chemistry section, 45 questions from Mathematics, 15 from English proficiency, and 10 from Logical reasoning.
BITSAT 2020 Syllabus
The candidates who have made up their mind to appear in BITSAT 2020 exam must be preparing for the exam. The candidates must go through the syllabus and cover the entire topics included in the syllabus. The questions in the exam will be from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, English Proficiency, Logical Reasoning subjects. The questions will be based on current NCERT syllabus. All the aspirants must know that they will have to also prepare well for Logical reasoning and English proficiency in order to score well in the exam, as only preparing for Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry section will not help them to qualify the BITSAT 2020 exam. The candidates preparing for the exam as per the prescribed BITSAT syllabus 2020 will be able to score well in the exam. The candidates can check subject-wise syllabus in the table below:
Recommended Books for BITSAT 2020 Preparation
The candidates who want to score good marks in BITSAT 2020 exam need to prepare in a proper way. Along with BITSAT Syllabus 2020, we have provided the names of a few books which are considered best by the subject experts. The candidates can check the name of Suggested books in the table below:
|Subjects||Name of Books and their Authors|
|English Proficiency & Logical Reasoning||
BITSAT 2020 – Preparation Tips
- Before start the preparations, the candidates must gather all the details regarding the exam pattern and syllabus for the exam.
- Make a properly scheduled time-table and plan your preparations accordingly.
- Other than NCERT, candidates must also take other books into the reference
- Try solving previous year question papers and various mock tests.
- Be healthy! Stay Calm! Be Stress-free.
BITSAT Admit Card 2020
The BITSAT admit card 2020 will be made available for download on the official website. The admit cards will be released in the 2nd week of April and will be available till the 2nd week of May 2020. Candidates will need to book their exam slots before downloading the admit card. The booking of slots will begin in the 1st week of April 2020 and end in the 2nd week of April 2020. No aspirant will be allowed inside the examination hall without their admit cards. Thus, candidates are advised to download and keep their admit cards safe until the end of the admission process for future reference.
BITSAT Result 2020
The result for the exam will be released in the third week of June 2020. The BITSAT Result 2020 will be released after the completion of the exam in online mode. Candidates must know that they will not be allowed to sit in the BITSAT 2020 exam for the same year. The candidates who will take up BITSATexam in 2020 will only be able to download the result on the official website and on our seperate page as well. The result for the exam will consist of total scores secured by the candidates and the total number of correct and incorrect answers the candidate had in the exam.
Preparation of BITSAT 2020 Merit List
The candidates who will secure the minimum required marks in the entrance exam will only be considered eligible to offer admission into the B.Tech program at BITS campuses. The selected candidates would be offered seats in admission counselling rounds. The selected candidates are required to submit the Admission Application form with class 12 marks and preferences to different BITS Campuses. The exam conducting body will prepare the merit list of candidates and publish the same in the third week of June 2020. Further details about different iterations will be announced on the official website of the BITSAT 2020 admission website. The merit list of such eligible candidates will be prepared on the basis of their performance in BITSAT 2020. 2 separate merit lists will be prepared for admission: All Programs except B.Pharm and Only B.Pharm Program.
Expected BITSAT 2020 Cut Off
The exam conducting body that is BITS Pilani will prepare the cutoff for admission 2020. BITSAT 2020 cut off is the minimum qualifying marks which the candidates must score to participate in admission counselling rounds. The exam controlling body prepares to cut off on the basis of a number of seats available in its campuses, a number of candidates appeared in the exam, previous years cutoff trends. The cutoff scores may vary from year to year. In the table below, we have provided the branch-wise expected cutoff for all BITS campuses for reference of candidates:
|Offered Courses||Expected Cutoff for BITS Pilani||Expected Cutoff for BITS Hyderabad||Expected Cutoff for BITS Goa|
|B.E.(Hons.): Electrical & Electronics||355||310||320|
|B.E.(Hons.): Computer Science||382||339||350|
|B.E.(Hons.): Electronics & Instrumentation||332||298||301|
|M.Sc. Biological Sciences||237||202||202|
BITSAT 2020 Offered Courses
The purpose of conducting BITSAT 2020 exam is to offer UG level engineering, pharmacy, and science programs offered by BITS Campuses situated in Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad to the deserving candidates across the country. We have named the courses offered by BITS campuses in the table below:
|Programs||Field||BITS Pilani Campus||BITS Goa Campus||BITS Hyderabad Campus||BITS Dubai Campus|
|Electrical & Electronics Engg.||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Electronics & Communication Engg.||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Electronics & Instrumental Engg.||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
BITSAT 2020 Scholarships
There are various kinds of scholarships that candidates can avail of while studying at any of the BITS campuses. The candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria determined by the conducting body will be offered scholarships up to 25% of the tuition fees. In order to be considered eligible for the scholarship, the candidates have to fulfill the criteria prescribed by the controlling body. The candidates can read the details of BITSAT 2020 scholarships below:
- Board Toppers: Candidates who secure the top 3 positions in class XII in their respective boards are given a merit scholarship of 100%, 75% and 50% of the first-semester tuition fee respectively for the first semester
- Merit in Qualifying Examination: Students who have obtained 90% or above in the aggregate of the Qualifying Examination are given a merit scholarship of 20% of the first-semester tuition fees. Students who have obtained 80% or above but less than 90% in the aggregate of the Qualifying Examination are given a merit scholarship of 15% of the first-semester tuition fee.
- Merit in Competitive Examinations: The candidates, who have appeared in AIEEE or IIT-JEE for admission to engineering programs, are awarded scholarships ranging from 25%-75% in the first-year tuition fee depending on the score secured in the examination.
BITSAT Admission 2020
The candidates appearing in the BITSAT 2020 exam will need to submit an admission application. The candidates will need to submit the application before the last prescribed date along with their scores in the 12th standard and their preferences. The exam conducting authority will prepare the merit list on the basis of marks secured by the candidates in the entrance exam. The merit list will vary for different courses. The candidates will be allotted seats on the basis of their category, course preference, and marks secured by them.
BITS Fee Structure
The candidates who are selected for admission will have to pay the admission fee as per the fee details are given in the table below:
|Application Fees (one time)||INR 1,500|
|Admission Fees (one time)||INR 16,500|
|Semester Fees (per semester) :||INR 42,800|
NOTE: The candidates have to pay the admission fee (one-time) and Semester Fee (for the First Semester) together at the time of admission, the candidates can pay through Netbanking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card. Thus, a candidate who has been offered admission will have to pay INR 59,300.
BITSAT FAQs 2020
Ques. Is application form for BITSAT 2020 available in offline mode?
Ans. No, the BITSAT application form 2020 is available only in online mode.
Ques. Can I give BITSAT 2020 exam in offline mode?
Ans. No, the exam will be conducted only in online mode and no candidate will be allowed to given pen and paper based test.
Ques. I lost my print out of the application form. How can I re-print my form?
Ans. To re-print your application form, you will need to log in to the application portal on the official website. After entering your login credentials you will be redirected your application window. From there you will be able to print your form again.
Ques. I will be appearing for improvement exam in one subject. Am I eligible to apply for the exam?
Ans. No, candidates appearing for improvement in all subjects are considered eligible to apply for the exam.
Ques. What should I do in case of multiple payments for a single application form?
Ans. You will get an opportunity for fee refund by BITS Pilani. All you will need to do is provide your bank details to claim your fee refund.
We have provided vital information on BITSAT 2020 exam, if you still have any query regarding the same, feel free and write to us in the comment box given below.