BCECE Eligibility Criteria 2019 – Exam conducting authority prepares the criteria of eligibility for Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (BCECE) every year. Aspirants willing to get admissions to various undergraduate engineering courses will need to satisfy all the eligibility conditions and requirements described by exam conducting authority. Before applying for the exam, candidates must ensure that they are falling under the BCECE Eligibility Criteria 2019. Failing to satisfy the eligibility criteria will lead to failure of candidature at any given point of time by Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examinations Board (BCECEB). Applicants will need to satisfy nationality, educational, age, and other such BCECE 2019 Eligibility Criteria. It must be noted that BCECEB will also offer reservation to the candidates belonging to Bihar. No reservations will be given to candidates belonging to other states. Read the complete article to know detailed course wise BCECE Eligibility Criteria 2019.
BCECE Eligibility Criteria 2019
It is mandatory for all the candidates to satisfy the BCECE Eligibility Criteria 2019 or else the authority has all the rights to cancel the candidature of ineligible candidates. It is advisable for all the candidates to check the eligibility criteria described by the exam conducting authority before filling the BCECE Application Form 2019. Below we have mentioned the course wise detailed BCECE Eligibility Criteria 2019.
BCECE Eligibility Criteria 2019 – Domicile Criteria
- Aspirants applying for the exam must be an Indian citizen, belonging from Bihar state.
- Parents of the candidates applying must be either permanent residents of Bihar or registered refugee of Bihar state.
- Candidates whose parents are not from Bihar but hold a government job in Bihar state are also eligible to apply for the exam.
BCECE Eligibility Criteria 2019 – Age Criteria
- Candidate applying for medical courses must be 17 years of age as on 31st December 2019.
- Engineering and pharmacy aspirants must be of 16 years age as on 31st August 2019.
- Applicants must note that they will be considered eligible for admissions after clearing the medical test.
BCECE Eligibility Criteria 2019 – For Engineering & Technology
- Applying candidate must have qualified their 10+2 exam or equivalent from the recognized board, with Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects and anyone elective subject (Biology, Chemistry, or Technical vocational subject).
- General category candidates must have scored 45% marks; it is 40% marks for candidates belonging to reserved category.
- Candidates who will be appearing for their 10+2 exam in 2019 can also apply for the exam.
BCECE Eligibility Criteria 2019 – For Pharmacy
- Must have passed an intermediate or equivalent exam from any recognized board, with Chemistry and Physics as compulsory subjects anyone elective subject (Biology/ Mathematics).
- Minimum qualifying scores is 45% for general category and 40% for reserved category candidates.
- Appearing candidates can also apply, only if they will pass their exam by the time of BCECE counselling 2019.
BCECE Eligibility Criteria 2019 – For Medical Courses
- Must have qualified 10+2 or higher secondary or ISC or equivalent from any recognized board, with English (Language & Literature), Chemistry, Biology (Botany & Zoology), and Physics subjects.
- Appearing candidates are also eligible to apply.
BCECE Eligibility Criteria 2019 – Reservation Criteria
Government of Bihar has reserved a certain percentage of seats for the candidates belonging to Bihar state. BCECEB has not announced any reservation of seats for BCECE 2019 exam. In order to avail the reservation criteria, the candidates will need to secure minimum cut off marks as per their category. Such candidates will also need to submit certificates at the time of counseling in lieu of proof of their reservation. Reservation of seats for 2019 has not been released yet, thus you can go through the reservation criteria of 2018 for refewrence.
|Category||Percentage of Reserved Seats|
|Backward Caste (BC)||12 %|
|Extremely Backward Caste (EBC)||18 %|
|General (GEN)||50 %|
|Reserved Category Girls (RCG)||3 %|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||16 %|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||1 %|
Candidates must also know that-
- 50% of total seats are reserved for general category candidates.
- Reservation of seats can be only claimed by the residence of Bihar. Other state candidates cannot claim for reserved seats.
- 4% of total seats in each category are reserved for disabled candidates.
- Servicemen quota will depend on the vacancies in a college.
BCECEB will issue admit cards for BCECE 2019 for only those candidates who will fall under the BCECE Eligibility Criteria 2019 and submit their application forms successfully on or before the last date of submission. BCECE 2019 is expected to be conducted in the 4th week of April 2019 and the result for the same will be declared in 3rd week of July 2019, tentatively. Eligible candidates qualifying the exam, after the declaration of the BCECE Result 2019 will be then called for counseling and seat allotment process. Exam conducting authority has full rights to cancel the candidature of ineligible candidates at any given point of time. We have provided below the tentative BCECE important dates 2019 for the reference of BCECE aspirants.
|BCECE 2019 Events||BCECE Important Dates 2019 (tentative)|
|BCECE online application starts||1st week of March 2019|
|BCECE application form end (Last date to fill)||1st week of April 2019|
|BCECE admit card 2019||Mid of April 2019|
|BCECE 2019 exam||4th week of April 2019|
|BCECE 2019 result||3rd week of July 2019|
Comment below your queries for BCECE Eligibility Criteria 2019, if any.
All the best!!