B.Tech Admission in SRM University 2019 – Online & offline mode application process for SRM University has already been started on 27 October 2018. The candidates seeking admission into SRM University need to fill up the online/offline application under the given time limit. The entrance exam is scheduled to be held from 15 to 25 April at various exam centres. Aspirants who are willing to get admissions to various B.Tech courses as offered by SRM University must be well acquainted with all the detailed insights related to B.Tech Admission in SRM University 2019. Sri Ramaswamy Memorial Institute of Science and Technology offers admissions to aspiring candidates to various undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the fields of Engineering, Humanities, Liberal arts, Law and Medicine, Management, and Science. Candidates must know that they can avail for admissions in their desired course in the four affiliated campuses of SRM University, i.e. Kattankulathur campus, Ramapuram campus, Vadapalani campus, Modinagar Campus. It must be noted that for admissions to B.Tech and M.Tech courses, the candidates will need to appear and crack the joint engineering entrance exam, i.e. SRMJEEE 2019. Here in this article, we are going to discuss about all the details related to B.Tech admissions 2019. Go through the complete article to know all about the B.Tech Admission in SRM University 2019.
What is the procedure of B.Tech Admission in SRM University 2019?
Applicants willing to get admissions to SRM University must know that the admissions to B.Tech courses as offered by the university and its affiliated campuses can be availed through either marks scores in the board exams or scores secured in the engineering entrance test as conducted by the authorities. If the aspirants are willing to get admissions on the basis of ranks secured by them in the entrance test, they will necessarily need to appear for the exam and also satisfy the SRMJEEE eligibility criteria 2019 as stated and described by the exam conducting authority. B. Tech Admission in SRM University 2019 will be done on the following basis-
- Candidates qualifying their 12th class from the national board will need to fall under the top 5000 ranks in the merit list prepared by CBSE for Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics separately.
National Entrance Examination
- SRMJEEE 2019 qualifiers will need to appear and secure their ranks within 1000 ranks in the entrance exam.
- IIT JEE qualifiers will be eligible for admissions if they successfully secure their ranks from the top 5000 ranks in JEE Main 2019.
- NTSE/KVPY scholars will be eligible for direct admissions to the university and its affiliated campuses.
State Level Board
- Aspirants qualifying their 12th class from the state-level board will need to secure ranks in top 100 ranks as declared.
State Level Entrance Exam
- State-level entrance exam qualifiers will need to obtain ranks within top 100 ranks as released in order to be eligible for B.Tech Admission in SRM University 2019.
B.Tech Admission in SRM University 2019 – Fee Structure (campus and course wise)
|B Tech Programs offered as Majors||Degree with specialization||Kattankulathur||Ramapuram||Vadapalani||Gazhiabad||Amaravati||Haryana|
|Aerospace Engineering||Aerospace Engineering||375,000||NA||NA||NA||NA||NA|
|Automobile Engineering||Automobile with specialization in Automotive Electronics||250,000||NA||NA||NA||NA||NA|
|Biotechnology with specialization in Regenerative Medicine||250,000||NA||NA||NA||NA||NA|
|Biotechnology with specialization in Genetic Engineering||250,000||NA||NA||NA||NA||NA|
|Biomedical Engineering (BME)||Biomedical Engineering (BME)||NA||NA||NA||NA||NA||150,000|
|Chemical Engineering||Chemical Engineering||250,000||NA||NA||NA||NA||NA|
|Civil Engineering||Civil Engineering||250,000||150,000||NA||175,000||250,000||150,000|
|Computer Science and Engineering||Computer Science and Engineering||250000(a)||200,000||200,000||200,000||250,000||150,000|
|CSE with specialization in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning||250,000(a)||200,000||NA||NA||250,000|
|CSE with Big Data Analytics||250,000(a)||200,000||NA||NA||250,000||200,000|
|CSE with specialization in Cloud Computing||250,000(a)||NA||NA||NA||250,000||NA|
|CSE with specialization in Computer Networking||250,000(a)||NA||NA||NA||250,000||NA|
|CSE with specialization in Cyber Security||250,000(a)||NA||NA||NA||250,000||NA|
|CSE with specialization in an Internet of Things (IOT)||250,000(a)||200,000||NA||NA||250,000||NA|
|CSE with Software Engineering||250,000(a)||NA||NA||NA||NA||NA|
|CSE with specialization in Information Technology||250,000(a)||NA||NA||NA||NA||NA|
|CSE with specialization in Cloud and Mobile Based Applications (in association with IBM)||NA||NA||NA||NA||NA||200,000|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||Electrical and Electronics Engineering||250,000||150,000||NA||175,000||250,000||150,000|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||Electronics and Communication Engineering||250,000(a)||200,000||175,000||175,000||250,000||150,000|
|ECE with specialization in Biomedical Engineering||250,000(a)||NA||NA||NA||NA||NA|
|ECE with specialization in Instrumentation Engineering||250,000(a)||NA||NA||NA||250,000||NA|
|ECE with specialization in Embedded Systems||NA||NA||NA||NA||250,000||NA|
|ECE with specialization in Signal Processing||NA||NA||NA||NA||250,000||NA|
|Information Technology||Information Technology||NA||150,000||NA||175,000||NA||NA|
|Mechanical Engineering||Mechanical Engineering||250,000(a)||175,000||175,000||200,000||250,000||150,000|
|Mechanical Engineering with specialization in CAD / CAM||NA||NA||NA||NA||250,000||NA|
|Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Robotics||NA||NA||NA||NA||250,000||NA|
|Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Smart Manufacturing||NA||NA||NA||NA||250,000||NA|
|Mechatronics Engineering||Mechatronics Engineering with specialization in Robotics||250,000||NA||NA||NA||NA||NA|
|Robotics and Automation||Robotics and Automation||NA||NA||NA||NA||NA||150,000|
On the basis of scores secured by the candidates in SRMJEEE 2019, they will be offered B.Tech Admission in SRM University 2019. From 15 to 25 April 2019, the university will conduct the Sri Ramaswamy Memorial Institute of Science and Technology Joint Engineering Entrance Exam (SRMJEEE) in online mode to offer admissions to aspiring candidates into various B.Tech courses. Qualifying aspirants will be eligible for admissions on the basis of marks scored by them, and thus after the declaration of result will be then called for seat allotment and counselling process.
Sri Ramaswamy Memorial Institute of Science and Technology University conducts the Sri Ramaswamy Memorial Institute of Science and Technology Joint Engineering Entrance Exam (SRMJEEE) every year to offer admissions to the aspiring candidates under various undergraduate engineering programs as offered by the university. The exam is conducted in for the time duration of 150 minutes, i.e. 2 hours and 30 minutes. This university-level computer based online exam is conducted in English as the medium of language.
|Name of the Exam||Sri Ramaswamy Memorial Institute of Science and Technology Joint Engineering Entrance Exam (SRMJEEE)|
|Duration of the exam||2 hours 30 minutes (150 minutes)|
|Exam Conducting authority||Sri Ramaswamy Memorial Institute of Science and Technology University|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Mode of exam||Computer-based test|
|Number of seats available||7000+ approx|
|Type of Exam||University level|
B.Tech Admission in SRM University 2019 Important Dates
Below we have given the brief details regarding the SRMJEEE 2019 exam for the candidates willing to get admissions to university and its affiliated campuses on the basis of their scores in the entrance exam. Before going through the entrance details, we would advise all the candidates to go through the SRMJEEE important dates 2019 to know which event will fall on which date. Since the actual dates have been declared, we are giving the representation of official dates for reference.
|SRMJEEE 2019 Events||SRMJEEE Important Dates 2019|
|Applications start||27 October 2018 (Started)|
|Last date to fill the offline application||1 March 2019|
|Last date to fill online application||31 March 2019|
|SRMJEEE 2019 exam||15 to 25 April 2019|
|Result Declaration||28 April 2019|
|Counseling begins||28 April 2019|
Application forms for SRMJEEE 2019 are available in both online and offline mode from 27 October 2018. Candidates will be able to apply for the entrance exam in both online and offline mode, as per their preference and convenience. Application forms will be available till 1 March 2019 for offline mode and 31 March 2019 for online mode. From 15 to 25 April 2019, Sri Ramaswamy Memorial Institute of Science and Technology will conduct the exam expectedly. On 28 April 2019, the results for the exam and will be declared and soon after the declaration of result, the counselling process will begin.
B.Tech Admission in SRM University 2019 Application Process
- SRMJEEE application form 2019 is available from 27 October 2018 and can be filled in both online and offline mode.
- As per their convenience and preference, candidates will be able to fill the application forms in any of the modes of application, i.e. online or offline mode.
- Application forms for B.Tech Admission in SRM University 2019 through SRMJEEE scores will be available till 31 March 2019.
- It is advisable for all the candidates to fill in all the required fields.
- The information provided must be correct and true. In case of any discrepancy in the information, the exam conducting authority will cancel the candidature of the candidate at any given point of the time.
- An application process will be considered concluded after the payment of application fee.
- Before payment of the application fee, the candidates will need to upload scanned images of their signature, photograph, and required documents in prescribed size and format.
- We advise candidates to keep a copy of their application form safe with themselves until the end of the admission process for future reference.
Application fee to be payable by candidates for registration of SRMJEEE 2019 will be Rs. 1100. Payment of the application fee can be made by the candidates through online mode or DD. Demand Draft is to be made in favor of SRMIST, payable at Chennai. Along with the application form, the candidates will need to post the demand draft to the following address:
The Directorate of Admissions,
SRM University, Kattankulathur,
Tamil Nadu, 603203
B.Tech Admission in SRM University 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates applying for B.Tech Admission in SRM University 2019 through entrance exam must be a citizen of India.
- NRI, OCI and PIO candidates are also eligible to apply.
- Age of candidates applying for undergraduate courses must fall between 1st July 1998 and 1st July 2003.
- From any recognized board, the candidates must have qualified their 10+2 examination.
- Each candidate applying for the exam must have secured minimum 60% marks in each subject of the qualifying exam.
- Candidates must have Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, Botany and Zoology/ Biotechnology.
For B.Tech Biotech/B.Tech Genetic Engineering
- Aspirant applying for the exam must have passed or must be appearing in the qualifying exam in the year 2018-19.
- Candidates should have Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology or Biotechnology in their 12th
- For International Baccalaureate (IB) with Diploma or A-level, a candidate must possess Physics, chemistry, Mathematics or Biology.
B.Tech Admission in SRM University 2019 Exam Pattern
|Subjects covered||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology|
|Duration of the Exam||2: 30 Hours|
|Mode of language||Question paper will be only in English|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Type of Questions||Objective type Multiple Choice Question (MCQ).
Each MCQ has one choice as the correct answer out of the four given.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Marks per question||Marks|
|Test Sessions / Slots||Candidates have to book their convenient test slots, subject to the availability of slots for a particular centre/date.|
|Test Dates||3rd week of April 2019|
|Negative Marking||No Negative Marking|
B.Tech Admission in SRM University 2019 Syllabus
- Biology in Human Welfare
- Cell Biology and Genetics
- Plant Anatomy
- Plant Physiology
- Taxonomy of Angiosperm
- Applied Biology
- Environmental Science
- Human Physiology
- Modern Genetics and Animal Biotechnology
- Theories of Evolution
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Chemical Energetic
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Chemical Families–Periodic Properties
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen
- Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds
- Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry
- Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry
- States of Matter
- Surface Chemistry, Chemical Kinetics, and Catalysis
- Applications of Differential Calculus
- Applications of Matrices and Determinants
- Binomial theorem and its Applications
- Circles in Two Dimensions
- Complex Numbers
- Conic Sections in Two Dimensions
- Differential Calculus
- Differential Equations
- Integral Calculus
- Mathematical Induction and its Applications
- Matrices and Determinants
- Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion
- Permutations and Combinations
- Quadratic Equations
- Sequences and Series
- Sets, Relations, and Functions
- Straight Lines in Two Dimensions
- Vector Algebra
- Atomic Physics and Relativity
- Dual Nature of Matter and Nuclear Physics
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Electronics and Communication
- Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Oscillations and Wave Motion
- Ray and Wave Optics and Magnetism
- Units and Measurement
B.Tech Admission in SRM University 2019 Result/ Merit
After the conduct of SRMJEEE entrance exam, the exam conducting authority will declare the SRMJEEE result 2019 on 28 April 2019. The result is expected to be announced by Sri Ramaswamy Memorial Institute of Science and Technology University on 28 April 2019. University will release the result for the exam in online mode and it will consist of total marks scored by the candidates in the entrance exam. On the basis of marks secured by the candidates, exam conducting authority will release the merit list for all courses and categories. Authorities will intimate the merit list to the candidates through emails and SMS. On the basis of marks scored by the candidates and ranks secured in the merit list, the candidates will be then called for counselling and seat allotment process.
B.Tech Admission in SRM University 2019 Selection Procedure
- Based on their scores in SRMJEEE 2019 exam, the qualifying candidates will be called for counselling process for B.Tech courses.
- Depending on the vacancy of seats, the exam conducting authority will conduct another session of counselling.
- Aspirants will be able to choose their preferred branch of study in a particular campus on the basis of-
- Merit list prepared by the exam conducting authority on the basis of scores obtained by the candidates.
- Satisfying and fulfilling the eligibility criteria described by the authority for admissions in preferred course and campus.
- Availability of seats in the particular course and campus at the time of admissions.
- Selected candidates will need to pay full specialized branch tuition fees and other applicable fees at the time of counselling.
- To confirm the candidate’s admission, Provisional Allotment Letter (PAL) will be issued.
B.Tech Admission in SRM University 2019 Counselling
Aspirants falling under the ranks of merit list will be then called for SRMJEEE counselling 2019 and seat allotment process. Counselling will be concluded in both offline and online mode. To be a part of the counselling process, the candidates will need to download their counselling letter from the official website. Qualifying candidates will need to select the stream and campus they want to get admission in. On the day of counselling, the candidates will also need to get their all the required documents verified. Only those candidates will be allotted seats who will fulfil the eligibility parameters described by the exam conducting authorities for admissions. The following documents need to be verified and produced during the counselling process-
- SRMJEEE 2019 Scorecard
- 10th and 12th class mark sheet
- SRMJEEE Admit card 2019
- Category Certificate, if applicable
- Counselling Call letter
- Demand Draft for counselling
If you have any queries related to B.Tech Admission in SRM University 2019, comment us below in the comment box. Our experts will get back to you as soon as possible.
All the best!!