Assam CEE Reservation of Seats 2019– Assam CEE is the short form of Assam Combined Entrance Examination. It is a state level entrance test of the Assam State. It is conducted by the Assam Science & university technology, Assam and is administered by the Directorate of Technical Education of the Assam Government. The Assam Common Entrance Exam would be held in the 1st week of June 2019. Assam CEE 2019 would select candidates who will get good marks in Assam Common entrance exam and would provide them with admission to Ayurvedic, Dental, Medical and engineering course in various government and private colleges and institutes which accept the Assam Common entrance exam results. B. Tech, BAMS, and BUMS are some of the courses offered by the Assam CEE. The candidates would be provided with admission into colleges and Institutes on the basis of their performance in the entrance exam and the seat reservation made for the candidates coming from reserved category. The conducting body of the Assam CEE 2019 has defined various categories of the candidates who would be able to get Assam CEE Reservation of Seats 2019. The counseling of the Assam CEE 2019 would be done to allocate the colleges and institutes on the basis of the Seat Reservation rules in addition to the performance of the candidate in the Assam CEE 2019 entrance exam. The counseling for the Assam CEE 2019 would start from the 2nd week of July 2019. This article would give you all the details about the Assam CEE 2019 Seat Allotment in the Reservation category. All the candidates are advised to read this article properly for getting all the information related to the seat reservation according to the categories, in order to find whether they can get admission under the reserved seat category or not.
The following is the list of categories of candidates, which would be provided Assam CEE 2019 reservation of:
- Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes
- Scheduled Tribes (Plains)
- Scheduled Tribes (Hills)
- Minorities and Other Backward Classes (MOBC)
- Tea Garden Labour Community
- Ex-Tea Garden Labour Community
- Maternal and Paternal Ward, grandchild of freedom fighters
- Moran or Motak communities
- Ward of Ex-Serviceman
- National Cadet Corps (NCC)
- PWD (Person with Disability)
The following table shows the seat reservation criteria made for every category which is eligible for getting a reservation, according to the Assam CEE Reservation of Seats 2019 rules that have been set by the conducting body of the Assam CEE 2019.
|Category||Assam CEE Reservation of Seats 2019|
|Scheduled Caste||7% of the College Intake|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||ST (Plain)||10% of the College Intake|
|ST (Hills)||5% of the College Intake|
|OBC and MOBC||15% of the College Intake|
|Daughters and Sons of the Ex-ServiceMen||1 seat per college|
|Maternal and Paternal Children and Grandchildren of the Freedom Fighters||1 seat per college|
|Sportsman and woman of the state||1 seat per college|
|Tea Garden Labour Community||1 seat per college|
|National Cadet Corps candidates||1 seat per college|
|Moran / Motak communities||1 seat per college|
|A person with Disability||1 seat per college|
Apart from these reservations, there would also be reserved for candidates coming from Nagaland, Sikkim, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh & Mizoram according to the Ministry of Human Resources Development, Delhi.
Reservation for Central Government/ Central Public-Sector Undertaking
There would be a total of 7 seat reservations for the candidates who are either son or daughter of the Central Government & Central Public Sector Undertaking employees who have been posted in the state of Assam and have served in the state of Assam for at least 1 year as on the time of submission of the Assam CEE 2019 Application Form.
Candidates applying under this quota would have to meet the following criteria:
- The candidate and their parents should not be of Assam Origin
- The candidate must pass his/her 10+2 exam from a school or college which is located outside the state of Assam
It must be noted that if any of the seats which come under Assam CEE Reservation of Seats 2019 category, would remain empty then these seats would be filled up with the General candidates if no candidate from the reserved category would be there to claim these seats. In such a case, the Reserved category seats will be allocated General candidates on the basis of Merit.
The following kind of candidates would be exempted from giving the Assam Common Entrance Exam 2019:
- All those candidates who have been nominated for the reserved seats by governments of the others States, Union Territories & Foreign Nations would be exempted from giving the Assam CEE 2019 Entrance Exam if they meet the eligibility criteria.
- All those candidates who managed to get a rank within the top 10 ranks in 10+2 qualifying exam would be exempted from giving the Assam Common Entrance Exam 2019. The candidate must satisfy the below mentioned eligibility criteria for getting an exemption from giving the Assam CEE 2019:
- The candidate needs to score at least 75% score in the Assam Higher Secondary Exam conducted by the Assam Higher Secondary Education Council (AHSEC).
- The candidates must apply to the Directorate of the Technical education in the state of Assam, within the ten days of the declaration the 10+2 qualifying results.
All the candidates are requested produces all the required documents for claiming a seat under the reserved category, in the counseling of Assam CEE 2019. We hope that this article named- Assam CEE Reservation of Seats 2019 was helpful for all the candidates in understanding the structure of the reservation of seat criteria of the Assam CEE 2019.