Assam CEE 2019 – This state level common entrance exam is convened by Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Assam. Every year, DTE conducts Assam CEE exam to offer admissions to the aspiring candidates into various Engineering, Dental, Ayurvedic and Medical courses as offered by the participating institutes. Assam CEE 2019 exam is expected to be conducted in the month of June 2019, tentatively. In order to appear for the exam, the candidates will need to first register themselves for the exam. Admission procedure for getting admission to Assam CEE, 2019 begins with the release of Application Form, the candidates must then submit filled in the application form before the last date of form submission, after the successful submission of the application form, the candidates would be issued their Admit Card before the Assam CEE 2019. After all these, the Assam Common Entrance Exam 2019 would be held sometime in the last week of April 2019. This would be followed by the Assam CEE 2019 counselling. This article would provide the candidates with all the necessities such as- application details, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, admit card, application fee, seat reservation, results, and many other information features of the Assam CEE 2019.
Assam CEE 2019 – Quick Review
|Name of the Exam||Assam Common Entrance Examination|
|Also Known As||Assam CEE|
|Exam Conducting Institute||Assam Science and Technology University (ASTU)|
|Level of Exam||State Level|
|Type of Exam||Undergraduate|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
Assam CEE 2019 Important Dates
The important dates of events related to Assam CEE 2019 exam is yet to be announced by the conducting body that is Assam Science & Technology University (ASTU). However, in the table below, the candidates can check the tentative dates based on last year’s admission schedule:
Important Dates (Tentative)
Release of Assam CEE application form
First week of March 2019
Last date to submit application form
Third week of March 2019
Issue of Assam CEE Admit Card 2019
Second week of April 2019
Assam CEE 2019 Exam Date
Last week of April 2019
Declaration of Assam CEE Result 2019
Second week of May 2019
Assam CEE 2019 Counselling Begins
Second week of July 2019
The Online Application form for Assam CEE 2019 would be made available by the First week of March 2019. The candidates would be able to fill in their application form via online mode till the third week of March 2019. The Assam Common Entrance Exam 2019 Admit Card would be issued by the Second week of April 2019. Finally, the Assam Common Entrance Exam 2019 would be conducted in the last week of April 2019. After the exam, the Assam CEE counselling 2019 would start from the second week of July 2019.
Assam CEE 2019 Participating Institutes
The following is the list of colleges and institutes which accept the Assam CEE scorecard of the candidates, when giving the candidate admission into engineering courses:
- Bineswar Brahma Engineering College, Kokrajhar
- Assam Engineering College, Guwahati
- Jorhat Institute of Science and Technology, Jorhat
- Jorhat Engineering College, Jorhat
- Assam Down Town University, Guwahati
- Dibrugarh University Institute of Science & Technology, Dibrugarh
- Don Bosco College of Engineering & Technology, Airport Road, Azara, Guwahati
- NITS, Mirza, Guwahati
- Gauhati University Institute of Science and Technology, Jalukbari, Guwahati
- Girijananda Chowdhury Institute of Management and Technology, Azara, Hatkhowpara, Guwahati
- Royal School of Engineering & Technology, Guwahati
- Scholar’s Institute of Technology and Management, Garchuk, Guwahati
Assam CEE 2019 Application Form
The Application Form of Assam CEE 2019 would be made available for filling, someday in the first week of March 2019. The candidates can submit their application form through online mode only. The candidates would be provided with the time period of 2 weeks for filling and submitting the Application Form, i.e. the candidates would be able to submit their application form of Assam CEE till the Third week of March 2019. The following are the details about how to filling the Assam CEE Application Form 2019:
- Since the application form can only be filled through online mode, the candidates must visit the official website of the Assam Science and Technology University and register in the official website.
- For registering in the official website, the candidate first has to click upon the “Register” button.
- Next, the candidate requires to enter all the asked about details in the registration form of Assam CEE 2019. After entering the complete details in the application form the candidate must click on the “submit” button to get registered in the official website. After, the registration for Assam CEE for 2019 would get completes the login details of the candidate would get created. The candidate then can use these login details to login into their account anytime and anywhere.
- Now, the candidate must log in to the website using his/her newly created login details. After the candidate signs in, he/she would be able to view the application form. The candidate should now enter all the asked about details in the application form and click on the “submit” button.
- After this, the candidates would be required to upload their document’s scanned copy. The following are the documents, that are must be scanned and uploaded along with the Assam CEE application Form 2019:
- Photograph (size must be 20Kb – 35kb)
- Signature (Size must be 15Kb – 30Kb)
- Marksheet and Certificate of 10th
- Marksheet and Certificate of 12th
- Once the candidate would have uploaded his/her documents, he/she would require to pay the Application Fee of Assam Common Entrance Exam 2019. The Application Fees of Assam CEE 2019 is Rs. 600 and it can be paid through Debit/Credit card online and through e-challan in the offline mode.
- The Assam Common Entrance Exam 2019 Application form submission process would end with the submission of the Application Fee is Rs. 600.
It must be kept in mind that the student would not be given the chance to correct any mistakes made while submitting their application form. So, the candidates must be careful while filling their Application Form because if they make any mistakes they would not be able to correct their mistakes once they submit their Assam CEE 2019 Application Form. It is also necessary to know that, all the printed and filled application forms are sent to the University would be rejected.
Assam CEE 2019 Exam Centres
While filling the online application form of Assam CEE 2019 exam, the candidates will have to select exam centre as per their convenience from the list of exam centres as given below:
Assam CEE 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The following are the Eligibility Criteria details for Assam Common Entrance Exam 2019:
The candidate should be an Indian Citizen.
The applying candidate must be a resident of Assam. Children of the officers of All India Services who have been posted in the state of Assam can also apply for the Assam Common Entrance Exam 2019.
The candidate is required to be at least 17 years old and at maximum 24 years old, as on 31st December 2019 for being eligible to apply for Assam Common Entrance Exam 2019. SC & ST would be provided Age relaxation of 3 years.
Candidates should have Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English as subjects in 12th or equivalent examination. The candidate must pass their 12th exam with at least 50% marks, if he/she belongs to the General Category. SC candidate & ST candidates would require to score at least 45% and 40%, respectively.
Assam CEE 2019 Exam Pattern
The candidates going to take up Assam CEE exam in 2019 will have to follow the exam pattern as determined by the conducting body. We suggest the aspirants themselves with the exam pattern in advance so that they can be more familiar with it and their chance of crack exam with good marks will increase. Through exam pattern, the candidates would be able to know the type of questions asked in exam, mode of exam, total marks, total duration, marking scheme and more. Check Assam CEE 2019 Exam Pattern below:
- Exam Mode: Assam CEE 2019 exam will be conducted in offline mode (pen-and-paper based)
- Number of Questions– Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics will comprise total 40 questions each for a total of 120 questions for the paper.
- Duration: The candidates will be given total 3 Hours
- Type of Questions: The type of question in the entrance test will be Multiple Choice Questions. Each question will have four answer options, out of which one should be selected by the candidates.
- Medium of the exam– Exam will be conducted in English and Assamese language
- Subjects: Questions in Assam CEE exam will be asked from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, the candidates will be provided 4 marks, while 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Assam CEE 2019 Admit Card
For giving the Assam Common entrance exam the candidates must have their Admit card along with them. The candidate can download their Assam CEE admit card 2019 through Online Mode, when it would be issued at the second week of April 2019. The candidate will be able to download their admit card by Logging into the Official website of the Assam Science & Technology University using their LOGIN credentials which were created during the time of Registration. These LOGIN credential may be either the Application Number/ User Name and the Password.
After Signing into the website, the candidates will be able to access their Assam CEE Admit Card 2019. The candidates are required to take 2- 3 printouts of the Admit Card and must produce their admit card in the Exam hall as their identity proof, in order to give the entrance exam.
Assam CEE 2019 Answer Key
After, the Assam CEE entrance exam 2019 would get conducted, the Answer key for Assam CEE 2019 would within a few days. The Answer Key contains all the correct answers to all the questions given in that are asked in the question paper. All the candidates would be able to download the Assam CEE 2019 answer key by visiting the official website of ASTU and signing in. All the candidate must check the Answer Key for getting the estimate of the total Questions that they answered correctly and for knowing their chances of getting admission under the Assam CEE 2019.
Assam CEE 2019 Result
The result for the Assam Common Entrance Exam 2019 would be declared someday in the second week of May 2019. All the candidates would be able to view their results by visiting the official website of ASTU and Logging into their account, using their “Application Number” and “Password”. After, the declaration of the results, the Merit List of Assam CEE 2019 will be prepared and released. The candidates would then, be called for the Assam CEE Counselling 2019 on the basis of the Merit List.
Assam CEE 2019 Cutoff
Assam CEE 2019 Cutoff determines the minimum marks that a candidate need to secure to grab a seat offered through Assam CEE 2019 admission. The examination conducting body will announce cutoff just after declaration of Assam CEE result on its website. The cutoff is basically determined based on some parameters like number of seats sanctioned for a program, applications received and difficulty level of the exam. The candidates can check category-wise and program-wise cutoffs for participating institutes
Assam CEE 2019 Counselling
After the declaration of the Assam CEE 2019, all the candidates who passed the Assam Common Entrance Exam 2019 will be called for counselling in order to provide them with Admission to various Engineering Courses. In the counselling, all the candidates would have to fill name of the course they want to pursue and name of the colleges where they would like to study according to the decreasing order of priority in the Application Form B. All the candidates would be allocated colleges on the basis of the Merit List. Therefore, those candidates who managed to get good ranks would be able to get admission into their favorite colleges. All the candidate would require to bring each and every original document in the Assam CEE Counselling 2019. The Conducting body would give admission to the candidates, after verifying all the original documents of the Candidates. If any discrepancy is found the documents of the candidate than the candidate may not be given admission Under Assam CEE 2019. The Following are the documents that the candidate is required to carry to the counselling Hall for verification:
- Permanent Residence Certificate, issued by D.C./S.D.O.(Civil) of respective District/Sub-Division
- Category Certificate of the candidate (Optional)
- Assam Common Entrance Exam Admit Card
- Birth Certificate
- 10th Admit Card, Mark Sheet and Certificate
- 12th Admit Card, Mark Sheet and Certificate
- Academic Gap Certificate (if applicable)
- Character Certificate of Candidate, issued by the Head of the School/College
- 4 Passport Photographs
- Identity proof, such as- Voter Id Card, Aadhar Card
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ques- Can I get the Assam CEE Admit Card 2019 through Post?
Ans- No, all the candidates will have to download their admit card online. No candidate would be sent their admit card through post or Courier Services.
Ques- How can I download the Answer Key for Assam CEE 2019?
Ans- For downloading the Answer Key, all the candidates would have to visit the ASTU website, when the Answer Key would be released. Candidates would then, have to login to the webpage using their LOGIN credentials. When the candidate would sign into their Account then they would be able to download the Answer key for Assam Common Entrance Exam 2019.
Ques- What is the mode of Paying the Application?
Ans- The Application fee for Assam cee 2019 can be paid both online and offline. The candidate can pay the fee online by using their Debit Card/Credit Card or though Net Banking. The candidates can also pay the fee offline, through the e-challan.
Ques- Can candidates who are not the residents of Assam, apply for Assam Common Entrance Exam 2019?
Ans- Apart from, Assam residents only those candidates whose parent(s) are officers in All India Services can apply for Assam Common Entrance Exam 2019.