JEE Main 2019 examination consists of 2 papers- Paper 1 and Paper 2. Starting from 2019 onwards, NTA will conduct together both the papers two times a year in virtual (computer-based) mode. The approved announcement published at nta.ac.in has confirmed that no variations will be introduced in JEE Main Syllabus and Pattern. The JEE Main 2019 Paper 1 will be conducted online, while paper 2 mode will be offline (pen & paper mode). Below you can read some important points for the NAT JEE main 2019 exam mode.
- If you are only intended in a technical entrance exam, select paper 1.
- You can only choose to use paper 1 online mode.
- If you are inclined towards the architecture entrance exam, you can go for paper 2.
- You can only opt to use paper 2 offline modes.
- If you are planning to attend both (Engineering and architecture entrance exam), select paper 1 and Paper 2.
|Category of the exam||Undergraduate level|
|Exam to be held as two papers||Paper I for (B.E./B.Tech) and Paper II for (B.Arch./B.Planning)|
|Type of questions||Objective-type questions|
|Mode of the exam||Online mode|
|Level of the exam||National Level|
|Total duration of the exam||3 hours per Paper|
|Frequency of the exam||Two times a Year|
|Exam Commencing Date||06-January-2019 to 20-January-2019 (Session1)|
|In the middle of 07-April-2019 to 21-April-2019 (Session 2)|
|Details||Paper I||Paper II|
|Method of Exam||Computer-Based Test (CBT)||Pen and Paper (Offline)|
|Topics||Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry||Mathematics, Aptitude and Drawing|
|Total Number of Questions||90 Questions||82 Questions|
|Physics – 30 Questions Chemistry – 30 Questions Mathematics – 30 Questions||Aptitude – 50 Questions Drawing – 2 Questions and Mathematics – 30 Questions|
|Highest Marks Awarded||360 marks||390 marks|
|Total length of Exam||3 hours||3 hours|
|Type of Questions||MCQs||Objective-type and subjective-type questions|
|Marking Pattern||4 marks for every right answer 1 mark will be removed for every incorrect answer||4 marks for every right answer 1 marks will be removed for every incorrect answer|
JEE Main 2019 Syllabus
Physics: Thermodynamics, Rotational motion, Oscillations and waves, Electronic devices, Work, Kinetic theory of gases Gravitation etc., Electrostatics, Current electricity, Kinematics, Properties of solids and liquids, Physics and measurement, Laws of motion, Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents, Optics, Energy and power.
- Organic Chemistry: Chemistry in daily life, some elementary concepts of organic chemistry, organic compounds comprising nitrogen, organic compounds comprising halogens, distillation, and classification of organic compounds etc.
- Inorganic Chemistry: Block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals), the organization of elements and periodicity and its properties, Hydrogen, Block elements set 13 to set 18 components, Conservational chemistry, D – and f – block elements etc.
- Physical chemistry: Atomic assembly, some elementary theories in chemistry, stability, chemical thermodynamics, chemical relationships, and molecular construction, states of substance, chemical kinetics etc.
Integral calculus, Trigonometry, Statistics and probability, Vector algebra Binomial theorem and its simple applications, Sequences and series, Mathematical induction, Mathematical reasoning, Complex numbers, and quadratic equations, Matrices and determinants, Sets, relations and functions, Permutations and combinations etc.
Important Points to Note:
- JEE Main Question Pattern 2019 for Paper 1 will be held in English and Hindi languages. On the other hand, for examination hubs cities in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Nagar Haveli, the question paper will be offered in Gujarati as well.
- For drawing section of the paper 2 exam, marks will be fixed on the basis of drawing expertise of the candidate.
- Starting from 2019 onwards, the JEE Main Exam will be held in January and April (two times in a year). The finest marks amongst the tests will be taken into account for the All India Ranking.
- JEE Exam would be virtual for Paper I (online mode) and offline (pen-paper based) for Paper 2.
- The medium of language for JEE Main 2019 will be held in English, Hindi and Gujarati languages respectively.
- National Testing Agency will direct the JEE Main 2019 Exam as a replacement for CBSE.
- Digital/photocopy of the initials of Father/Mother/Custodian of the applicants has to be uploaded along with the application form.
- The applicant who secures more than 75% marks in their 12th qualifying exam will be given admission to IITs/ NITS/ IIITs as per the JEE Main or JEE Advanced Marks.
For earmarked category applicants, minimum 65% is mandatory.