AMIE 2019 – Aspirants willing to get admissions into various courses equivalent to B.Tech and B.E. courses as offered by the exam conducting authority, i.e. Institution of Engineers (India) must apply for AMIE 2019. The PSC, UPSC, Government of India, All state and AICTE etc. have announced the AMIE course as a recognized exam and equivalent to B.Tech and BE courses. Application form of the AMIE 2019 is expected to be available in the month of March 2019 for Section A Exam and 1st Week of November 2019 for Section B Exam. The application form will be available in both online and offline mode. Associate Member of the Institution of Engineers, AMIE 2019 will be conducted by the Institution of Engineers (India) which is a university level examination for providing admission to the candidates in the field of engineering with ample job opportunities. The candidates who attained Diploma in Engineering will need to apply under the Senior Technician Members Category, and the candidates who qualified the 12th standard will be called as the Technician members. The candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria before applying for the application form of AMIE 2019. The results will be declared on the official website of the AMIE. This article will provide all sorts of information of AMIE 2019 such as application form, eligibility criteria, result, etc.
Highlights of AMIE 2019
|Name of the Examination||Associate Member of the Institution of Engineers|
|Also known as||AMIE|
|Conducting Body||Institution of Engineers (India)|
|Exam Level||University level|
|Stream||Engineering Entrance Examination|
Courses offered under AMIE
The courses which are offered by AMIE are categorized into two sections, Section A and Section B. Further, Section A is split into two divisions which are diploma and non-diploma candidates.
Section A is divided into two parts.
Courses offered under this course are:
- Elements of computer science
- Material science
- Elements of electrical engineering
- Society and engineering
Courses offered under this section via AMIE 2018 are:
- Mechanical science
- Electrical science
- Mathematics 1
- Natural science
- Data analysis and computer system
- Fundamentals of electronics and instrumentation
- Mathematics II
Courses offered this section through AMIE 2018 Exam are:
- Textile engineering
- Computer science
Important Dates of AMIE 2019
Following are the important dates which the candidates require to keep in mind.
|Events||Dates (tentative) for Section A Exam||Dates (Tentative) for Section B Exam|
|Availability of the Application Form||In the month of March 2019||1st week of November 2019|
|Last date of Application Form submission||In the month of April 2019||1st Week of December 2019|
|Availability of the Admit Card||Third week of May 2019||January 2020|
|AMIE 2019 Examination||Fourth week of May 2019||January 2020|
AMIE 2019 Application Form
The application form of AMIE 2019 for Section A exam is expected to be made available in the month of March 2019. The candidates will be able to apply for the application form in both online and offline mode. The candidates need to submit the application form before the last date of submission as failing this will lead to cancellation of the application form. The candidates need to follow the procedures mentioned below to fill the application form.
- The candidates need to visit the official website of the AMIE.
- The candidates will be directed to the application form page.
- The candidates need to download the application form in the prescribed format.
- The candidates need to fill the application form by providing the details after downloading the application form.
- The candidates must affix their recent passport size photograph and the necessary required documents.
- The candidates need to pay the application fee of AMIE 2019 which is INR 3000 to IEI Kolkata which will conclude the application process.
Documents required to be attached with the application form of AIME 2019
- Mark sheet of 12th standard or equivalent
- Certificate of Diploma in Engineering
- Certificate of DOB
- Demand draft of AIME 2019 application fee (made in the favor of The Institution of Engineers, Kolkata)
- Final Diploma Pass Certificate or Provisional Pass (attested copy)
- Certificate issued by the Principal duly authenticated by the supporter i.e. by the Corporate Member (F/M/AM) of IEI along with Final Semester Mark-sheet issued by the Examination Authority (State Board of Technical Education).
- Marriage Certificate (attested copy, if applicable).
AMIE Eligibility 2019
The candidates have to check the eligibility criteria before filling up the application form of AMIE 2019. The candidates can check the eligibility criteria that are given below for getting admission to AMIE:
- The candidates have to qualify 10+2 qualifying exam or equivalent in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as the one of the main subjects.
- The candidates should pass 10+2 exam with 45% and for the candidates who belong to the reserved categories there will be relaxation of marks.
- Candidates who will have any equivalent academic qualification mentioned above will become eligible for AMIE 2019.
- The candidates who have taken lateral entry in the three year Polytechnic diploma course will be eligible.
AMIE Syllabus 2019
The syllabus for AMIE 2019 will be released on the official website of AMIE and it is same as B.E. and B.Tech. The candidates who will study 10+2 in lateral level need to have 19 subjects in total and for the candidates who are pursuing diploma are required to have to 13 papers to qualify AMIE entrance exam.
AMIE Admit Card 2019
Admit Card is very crucial document candidates are required to preserve during any entrance exam. The admit card for AMIE 2019 will be released on the official website of AMIE and candidates can download it by entering the necessary credentials like roll number, date of birth and password. The candidates have to print and keep the hard copy for future reference. While coming to the AMIE examination centre, candidates have to carry AMIE Admit Card and Membership Card. If the candidates didn’t bring these documents then they will be barred from the exam centre.
AMIE Exam Pattern 2019
The candidates should check the exam pattern to get the idea about AMIE 2019 Exam. The exam pattern will consist of the following:
- Duration: The exam for AMIE 2019 will be of 3hours
- Medium of Language: The language asks in the AMIE 2019 exam will be in English language.
- Types of Questions: The question asked will be of Objective/Multiple Type Questions. There will be different section of question paper. They are divided into Section A (diploma) that will consist of three papers, Section A (non-diploma) will consist of 5 papers and Section B will consist of also papers.
AMIE Exam Centres 2019 in India
There will be several exam centres in every states of India and the cities where the exam will take place are given below:
AMIE Result 2019
The result for the AMIE 2019 would be published by the Institution of Engineering Online. The candidates will be able to view their marks in the AMIE 2019 entrance exam after going to the official website of the Institution of Engineers (IEI). The candidates will require to login to their account on the official website of the IEI using the login credentials that were assigned to the candidates after the completion of the registration process, in order to view the result and to download it in “.pdf” format.
Once the candidates will check all the details printed upon the AMIE 2019, they must take the printout of their scorecard. The candidates who will score good marks in the entrance exam will be short listed for the next round of Counselling. All the candidates are requested to preserve the AMIE Scorecard 2019, until the counselling round of the AMIE 2019 get over.
AMIE Counselling 2019
After the result will be declared, the merit list of the candidates will be prepared on the basis of the marks that would be scored by the candidates in result of AMIE 2019. Each candidate will be given a unique rank in the merit list of the AMIE 2019. The candidates will then be called for counselling by allotting them the call letter for the counselling. The candidates will then require to attend the counselling on the given date and time. During the counseling all the original documents of the candidates will be verified for authenticity. The following documents must be carried to the counselling centre for verification:
- Attested Photocopies of Mark sheets for 10 th and 12 th
- 10th and 12th class Certificates
- Identity Proof
- 4 passport size color photos
Once all the documents of the candidates will be verified, the candidates will require to do the choice filling of the courses and colleges they prefer in decreasing order, once the candidates.