The Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA) Pune and the National Centre for Radio Astrophysics of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (NCRA-TIFR), Pune have announced the exam schedule for IUCAA NCRA Admission Test (INAT 2015). The exam is scheduled to be conducted on the 10th of December and the competitive exam is a gateway for the candidates in securing r research scholarship towards a Ph.D degree at any of the two institutes IUCAA or NCRA-TIFR.
INAT 2015 Paper Pattern
The INAT 2015 paper pattern for the said exam is enlisted below.
- The duration of the written exam will be for two hours.
- The paper will be segregated into two sections A and B.
- The part A will comprise of twenty objective-type questions on basic Mathematics, Physics and Electronics.
- The Part B will also carry twenty objective type questions from advanced Physics, Mathematics and Electronics/Engineering.
- The candidates will be required to choose one alternative of the given four alternatives for each question.
- The exam will contain negative marking. For every correct answer three marks will be awarded and for every incorrect answer a mark will be deducted.
Those candidates who are interested as well as eligible can apply online via the official website www.ncra.tifr.res.in. The shortlisting of the candidates will be done on the basis of their application forms. The candidates who have been shortlisted will be required to appear for the written exam and those who clear this particular exam will then be considered eligible to appear for the interview round. Those candidates who clear all three rounds will then be considered eligible for admission.
INAT 2015 Exam Date
|Last date for submission of online application forms||September 15, 2015|
|Last date for submission of online assessment forms||September 18, 2015|
|Written test||December 10, 2015|
|Interview round||December 10 and 11, 2015|
Stay connected to keep updated.