The examination schedule for the Indian Institute of Technology Joint Admission Test (IIT JAM) has been declared. The exam is conducted for the purpose od admissions into its M.Sc and Ph.D degrees and is being organized via the Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT Madras). It is scheduled to be held on the 7th of February 2016.
The examination schedule for the upcoming exam is mentioned below.
IIT JAM 2016 Exam Date
- September 2, 2015: Commencement of online registration and application process on the official website
- October 10, 2015: Last date for payment of application fee through e-challan
- October 14, 2015: Last date for submission of application and uploading of documents
- February 7, 2016: Date of JAM
- March 23, 2016: Declaration of results
- April 15 to 24, 2016: Submission of application form for admission on the website
- April 29, 2016: Last date for receipt of request for change of category along with valid documents in proper format at IIT Madras
- June 15, 2016: Declaration of first admission list
- June 29, 2016: Declaration of second admission list
- July 11, 2016: Declaration of third admission list and conclusion of admission process
The candidates can apply for the same online via the website www.jam.iitm.ac.in. and no hard copies of the applications are required.
As per the official website, the Indian Institute of Science Bangalore (IISc) and Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) conduct JAM for admissions to M.Sc and integrated Ph.D programmes at IISc Bangalore and M.Sc, Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D, M.Sc-Ph.D Dual Degree, M.Sc-M.Tech, M.S.-M.S (Research)/Ph.D Dual degree and other Post-Bachelor Degree Programmes at IITs.
The main objective of JAM is to consolidate Science as a career option for students across the country. It is expected that the research infrastructure, the inter-disciplinary interaction and the vibrant academic environment of IISc Bangalore and IITs will motivate these students to pursue Research and Development careers in the frontier areas of basic sciences as well as inter-disciplinary areas of science and technology.
Stay connected to keep updated.