The Indian Institute of Management (IIM) has released the notification of the Common Admission Test (CAT) 2015 on the official website and the registration procedure will commence from the 6th of August and will come to an end on the 20th of September.
Reservation Criteria for CAT 2015
The reservation criterion for the same is mentioned below.
- As per the requirements of the government of India, 15% of the seats are reserved for the Scheduled Caste (SC), 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST), and 27% of the seats are reserved or Other Backward classes (OBC) candidates who belong to the “non-creamy” layer (NC-OBC).
- For an updated state wise central list, OBCs are deemed eligible for availing the benefit of reservation and Information with respect to the creamy layer and for doing the same the candidates have to visit the official website http://www.ncbc.nic.in.
- Any subsequent change will not effective for CAT 2015 until or unless the change is made by the Central Government or judiciary itself.
- 3% seats will be reserved for the Differently Abled (DA) candidates.
- Those candidates who belong to the categories for which the seats are reserved are required to note and read the eligibility requirements carefully before applying. The candidates should also make due note that while it is the endeavor of IIMs that the candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ PWD / Non-Creamy OBC categories join the Programme in proportions that are mandated via the law, they have to meet the minimum eligibility criteria and a certain minimum level of performance.
- The candidates must read the instructions given on the website carefully as after the closure of the registration procedure no change in the category will be entertained.
Stay connected to keep updated.