The Delhi University has commenced the admission process for its Ph.D programmes in the upcoming academic sessions. The university is offering a Doctor of Philosophy course in Linguistics and is offered via the Department of Linguistics, DU. The interested and Eligible candidates can apply as per the prescribed format.
Delhi University Ph.D Linguistics Admission 2015 Eligibility Criteria:
Those who wish to apply for the course need to ensure that they fulfill the following criteria.
- The candidates must possess an M.Phil or any other Master’s degree via Delhi University or any other recognized university or institute.
- Their qualifying degree should bein the subject in which the candidates chooses to pursue the Ph.D
- They should have a minimum score of 50% if their qualifying degree is an M.Phil however if their Masters degree isn’t an M.Phil then they are required to have scored a minimum of 55%.
The candidates who have the following qualifications are eligible to appear directly for the interview round:
- Those who have completed an M.Phil degree along with a Fellowship
- Foreign students (except those who obtained their degree in India) who have completed a Fellowship which is recognized by Delhi University
- Permanent teachers at university or college level, who teach Linguistics in Delhi University, and have been in service for at least two years.
Delhi University Ph.D Linguistics Admission 2015 Application Procedure:
The candidates will be able to access the information Brochure at the official website of Delhi University. They are also required to submit a detailed research proposal to the Office Department of Linguistics, University of Delhi.
Delhi University Ph.D Linguistics Admission 2015 Selection Procedure:
The selection of the candidates will be made on the basis of their research proposal and a written exam or an interview round.
Delhi University Ph.D Linguistics Admission 2015 Important dates:
|Application forms||August 5|
|Last date for submitting applications||August 24, by 3 pm
|Entrance exam||August 25 10 am|
Stay connected to keep updated.