The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering commonly known as GATE 2016 is conducted via the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and is scheduled to be held from the 30th of January 2016 to the 7th of February 2016. The GATE is held as an entrance test for the purpose of shortlisting candidates for admissions in the Engineering Institutes. The basic features of GATE 2016 are enlisted below.
Important features of GATE 2016
- The examination will be conducted as an Online test (Computer based test). The online examination paper will consist of questions for which the candidates will have to key in the numerical answers. The rest of the questions shall be in Multiple Choice Format (MCQ).
- The Biometric Information (Photograph and Fingerprints) for any randomly selected candidates may be captured prior to the examination.
- The GATE 2016 examination will be conducted during the forenoon and afternoon sessions during weekends (Saturday and Sunday) between the 30th of January 2016 and the 7th of February 2016. The examination for certain papers in GATE 2016 will be held in multiple sessions. The detailed information of this will be intimated to the candidates later.
- For GATE 2016 the whole process of filling up of the application form, uploading of certificates/documents etc will be done online and the candidates should not forward any hard copy of their application form/documents etc to the IISc or any of the IITs zonal GATE office.
- The payment of the application fees will be done both via online mode as well as via payment at bank counters using e-challan.
- The admit cards for GATE 2016 will be made available via online process itself and the candidates can download the same via the GATE 2016 website. The candidates do not have to send any printed copies of the admit card.
GATE 2016 Schedule:
|Commencement of registration||September 1, 2015|
|Last date to apply||October 1, 2015|
|Download the admit cards||December 17, 2015|
|Date of examination||January 30, 2016 to February 7, 2016|
|Declaration of Result||March 19, 2016|
Stay connected to keep updated.