The Online Registration to the Common Admission Test (CAT 2015) has commenced on the 6th of August and will continue until the 20th of September. The details regarding the online fee structure and payment have now been announced. The payment of the fees has to be completed via online mode itself through the use of credit card/ debit card / net banking as no other mode of payment is applicable.
Those candidates who belong to the General Category or the Other Backward Classes category the fees applicable is 1,600/- INR and for those candidates who belong to the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes category the fees applicable is 800/- INR.
Steps for the online payment:
The candidates will be required to follow the enlisted steps in order to complete the procedure:
- The candidates will have to first visit the official website www.iimcat.ac.in
- Then the candidates will be required to create a ‘User Profile’ following which they will receive a system generated user Id and password.
- The candidate will be required to fill-in the application form with the required details that are segregated into 5 sections : Personal, Academics, Work Experience, Programmes and Payment
- It isn’t necessary for the application form to be completed at one go itself as the candidate can revisit the form several times.
- After the submission of the form the candidate will receive a confirmation email after which no changes can be made.
- The candidate must also ensure that they pay the registration fees only once despite the number of institutes they are sending an application to.
- Those candidates who belong to the SC, ST and PwD category will be required to upload a copy of their certificates at the time of registration.
- Post the final payment the candidates will receive a ‘Payment Transaction Number’, which will then re-direct the candidates to the official CAT website.
The admit cards for the CAT 2015 is scheduled to be released on the 15th of October along with an online tutorial for the explanation of the format of the examination. The results of the CAT exam is most likely to be declared in the 2nd week of January 2016.
Stay connected to keep updated.