DU JAT 2017 Application Form has already begun from 16th June 2017 and all the candidates who are willing to appear for this examination can apply online through its official website. Let us get you introduced to the DU JAT 2017. The University of Delhi [DU] Bachelor of Management Studies Common Entrance Team was first known as DU BMS CET and has now been renamed as DU JAT– the DU Joint Admission Test. This allows an entrance exam for admission of students to all the 6 Delhi University colleges, offering the BMS courses. First, let’s summarise the exam.
|DU BMS CET 2017 Exam Summary|
|Exam Name||Delhi University Joint Admission Test|
|Commonly known as||DU JAT|
|Exam level||National Level|
|Conducting Authority||University of Delhi|
|Exam Stream||Management Entrance Exam|
DU BMS CET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
In order for you to be eligible, you are required to fulfil the following conditions, DU BMS CET 2017 Eligibility criteria are given below
- Applicants are required to have cleared the Senior Secondary School Certificate or CBSE or any other exams recognised by DU.
- Percentage of marks required are- General/OBC: atLeast 60%, minimum for SC/ST:50%, CW/PWD: minimum 54%.
- IMP Note: Admissibility criterion varies according to the courses by various colleges under DU which conduct their respective admission tests through the DU JAT.
DU BMS CET 2017 Exam Pattern
The exam is conducted in a span of two hours and it is an objective type test so you have to think quick! You have to answer 120 multiple choice questions adding up to 360 marks. The 4 sections of the exam, are characterised as Quantifiable Ability, Cognitive&Logical Ability, General English and Business & General Awareness. Every correct answer awards you with 3 marks and there is a negative marking of 1 mark for each incorrect answer. All the candidates are requested to go through the DU JAT 2017 Exam Pattern perfectly before they appear for the examination
There are several online forums with sample question papers to help you to prepare for the entrance exam.
DU BMS CET 2017 Application Form
Do note that the DU BMS CET 2017 application process is completely online which has been started from 16th June 2017. You need to visit the official website and fill in the forms online.
The Application fees are as follows: Rs. 1000 for General category candidates for all the programmes, Rs. 800 for two programmes and Rs. 600 for one programme. For the reserved category candidates (SC/ST/CW/PWD), the application fee is Rs. 500 for all programmes, Rs. 400 two programmes and Rs. 300, and one programme.
Documents require: mark sheet for the Class 10 and Class 12 exams, valid email ID for communications, scanned passport size photograph.
You have to download the DU JAT application form 2017 and create a log-in ID and password and start filling the form. You will need to upload the scanned copy of your photo and a signature. This should not exceed 50KB. Submit the required details and take a print for future reference.
You can make a payment basis the courses selected through debit/credit cards and get payment acknowledgements for the exams fees.
DU JAT 2017 Exam Dates
The following are the DU JAT 2017 Exam Dates are tentative
|Online registration will start from||16th June 2017|
|Last date of registration||25th June 2017|
|Admit card is available to download||June 2017|
|The DU JAT 2017 Entrance Exam||June 2017|
|Results will be announced by||1st week of July 2017 (tentative)|
|Counselling process will start by||3rd week of July 2017 (tentative)|
|Commencement of classes||20th July 2017|
DU BMS CET 2017 Result
The DU JAT 2017 Result will be announced online in the 1st week of July. The students can check their result by entering their application number and login password. DU JAT 2017 test was just a written eliminative test which was conducted in the 3rd week of June 2017, for admission to BMS / BBA (FIA) / B.A.(Hons.) The results will be announced in the form of a list containing the ranks and the candidates qualified for the further necessary procedures. Once the candidates are declared qualified, they will be called for the second round i.e.- Group Discussion and Personal Interview in the 2nd or the 3rd week of July.
Steps to Check DU JAT 2017 Result
- Visit the official website or click below on the direct link.
- Enter your application/ enrollment number along with your password
- The DU JAT result 2017 will be displayed on the computer screen
- The result of DU JAT 2017 will contain candidates rank and overall scores
- Download, print and save the result for future reference
DU JAT 2017 Counselling Process
The final round of counselling sessions will take place in the 3rd week of July 2017 and the classes are set to start in August 2017.
- Candidates need to register online for the counselling process. They need to fill up their choices of colleges in which they wish to get admitted. Firstly, Login with your Username and Password and then select your Preferred Colleges and Course.
- Note- The candidates cannot change the options after submission of their preferences. So kindly fill your choices carefully.
- If the candidates forget or do not submit the selection of their choices till the last date, then automatically the last saved choices will be submitted.
- The candidates need to Download the DU JAT 2017 Counselling Letter from the official website after they have registered successfully.The counselling letter can only be obtained through download, i.e.- it will not be sent through postal means
- The candidates, after filling their list of colleges online, get online allotment by the University. Seats will be Available on the Basis Of Performance In DU JAT Exam. The announcement of the same will be made online, i.e.- on the official website.
- After the seats are allotted, the candidates need to report to the allotted college at given date and time. The candidates must carry their original and photocopy documents as specified below.
University Of Delhi