A person pursuing a Diploma Course in Interior Designing is a trained to design exclusive furniture artifacts and fittings besides learning managerial skills. The interior designing course helps an individual come out with a professional designing solution that is not only efficient but also eye catching and that meets all safety standards.
The course can be pursued as a part time or a full time diploma course depending on the discretion of the college offering it. Thus depending on the candidate’s preference of the university you can check it on their official website.
The course helps an interior designer in his basic job that requires him in making the optimal utilization of available space. Furthermore the course aids you in making the given space more functional and in accordance with the taste and budget of the client. It also trains you not only in the visualization and conceptualization of the designs of a new structure but also in planning the interiors of existing structures that are undergoing renovation or extension.
If you really want to take this course up the only common criteria is that candidates should clear S.S.C or H.S.C securing a minimum of 45%.
*Disclaimer: Different universities have different eligibility criteria.
|Interior Design (Diploma) Course Summary|
|Course Name||Diploma in Interior Designing|
|Common Term||Interior Designing|
|Duration||Ranging between 1 to 3 years|
|Area of study||Designing|
|Type of course||Full time or Correspondence|
Interior Designing (Diploma) Syllabus
The syllabus will be differ depending on the discretion of the college.
For 2 year full time Government Diploma in Interior Designing and Decoration the syllabus is as follows:
- Basic Design
- Interior Design
- Construction Technique
- Materials & Products
- Primary Services
- Communication & Personality Skills
- Para line Perspective projections
- Market Study & Practices I
- Advance Interior Design
- Specialty Interior Design
- Interior Working Drawing
- Interior Professional Practice
- Secondary Services,
- 2D and 3D CADD
- Market Study & Practices II
Pros and Cons of Interior Designing (Diploma)
Taking up any course has both certain positives and negatives. I have tried to enumerate a few so that you know what you are getting into
- Interior designing is such a career option that you can carry on consultancy activities independently with minimum investment
- If you are really hardworking and motivated you can be rich and famous with assurance
- There are also higher chances crossing paths with famous celebrities and people in your line of work
But there are cons to everything so the negatives are
- Interior designing per se can be an extremely hectic and demanding profession
- More often than not the working hours can become extremely erratic especially during stiff deadlines
- This profession includes both working on as well as off site
- You should be able to work under high pressure and deadlines
- You have to not only deliver in terms of creativity but also cater to the clients wishes keeping in mind the clients budget
- The initial years are the toughest like in all creative fields and you must not be disheartened
- You must be able to cope with the fact that this profession is yet developing and has not yet gained its due in the society
Top 10 Colleges in Mumbai for Interior Designing (Diploma)
- JD Institute of Fashion Technology, Vile Parle West, Mumbai
- Kalpana International Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- Istituti Callegari Milano, Chandivali, Mumbai
- International Institute Of Fashion Design, Andheri, Andheri West, Mumbai
- Society of Fashion and Technology See All Branches
- India International Trade Center, Ghatkopar East, Mumbai
- Meteor Institute of Digital Design Studies, Mumbai
- Aditya College of Design Studies, Borivali West, Mumbai
- Thakur Polytechnic, Kandivali East, Mumbai
- Dimensional Academy OF Engineering, Andheri East, Mumbai
If you really have the aptitude for this course and have the creative as well as an analytical side you should take this up.