The Delhi University Medical Admission (popularly known as DU Medical). The University of Delhi, Faculty of Medical Sciences has decided that no separate Pre-Medical Test will be conducted for admissions to the undergraduate medical courses for admission in three medical colleges. Delhi University MBBS admission 2017 will be done through AIPMT score. AIPMT is a national level medical entrance exam, conducted to offer admission to approximately 3200 MBBS and 300 BDS seats in 130 Government Medical and 30 Dental Colleges of India.
The three medical college which are constituent of University of Delhi, Faculty of Medical Sciences are Lady Hardinge Medical College, (LHMC) this is exclusively for women students, Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC), University College of Medical Sciences (UCMS), and BDS Course at Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences (MAIDS).
Faculty of Medical Sciences,University of Delhi, announced it will fill 85% MBBS seat vacancies at the following colleges:
Lady Hardinge Medical College, (LHMC),
Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC),
University College of Medical Sciences (UCMS)
and 85% BDS seats vacancies at:
Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences (MAIDS).
Rest of the 15% MBBS and BDS seats will be completed by the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) on the base the Pan India quota.
The AIPMT result will be the foundation for admission to 15% of undergraduate Medical and Dental course seats in Government Medical and Dental Colleges across India excluding the erstwhile Andhra Pradesh and the state of Jammu & Kashmir.
Seats may be added/deleted depending upon the status of approval from University/ Medical Council of India/ Dental Council of India/Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MOHFW). In the event of a rise in admit capacity for the MBBS/BDS course(s), the same will be displayed before the start of the Counseling Session
Pl. take note: 130 seats are recognized by MCI & 70 seats are permitted by MOHFW confirmed by the Director, LHMC.
The application form for Delhi University MBBS is available. Candidates can fill the Delhi University MBBS Application Form either in online or offline mode.
Delhi University MBBS Admission 2017 Eligibility
- The contenders should have completed seventeen years on of age on or before 31st December of the previous year. The candidates completing the age of 17 years on 1st January or later will not be eligible for admission.
- Pl note: The upper age limit is 25 years as on 31st December. This upper age limit may be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes.
- Only the following students will be considered eligible to take this entrance exam: Indian Nationals/Overseas citizens of India, who have passed 12th class examination under 10+2 system conducted by the C.B.S.E/ Council of the Indian School Certificate Examination/ Jamia Milia Islamia, New Delhi with required subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English from the recognized schools conducting regular classes situated within the National Capital Territory of Delhi.
Delhi University MBBS 2017 Application Procedure
Applicants must download the form from http://aipmt.nic.in/aipmt/online/applicationform.aspx
The registration number should be noted. The payment must be made by debit/credit at either Canara or Syndicate Bank or at e-post office. The acknowledgment receipt/confirmation is then generated.
Affix a passport size phot and send the confirmation with the e-challan copy by registered post/speed post to Deputy Secretary, AIPMT Unit, Central Board of Secondary Education Shiksha Vihar 2, Preet vihar, New Delhi 110 301.
Delhi University MBBS Admission 2017 Selection Procedure
- Contenders will be shortlisted for Delhi University MBBS counseling on the basis of AIPMT score.
- Admission to the Delhi University Medical course for the academic session will be based on AIPMT score and rank. Only those candidates who secured 50% marks in AIPMTare eligible for admission to Delhi University MBBS and BDS Courses
- The marks score is set at 40% forcontenders belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribe, Other Backward Classes.
Delhi University MBBS Admission 2017 Exam Pattern
- The contender should be aged between 17-25 years and passed 12th with at least 50% marks with PCB.
- Contenders will be awarded 4 marks for each correct response and 1 mark will be deducted for incorrect answer. The exam will have 180 Multiple Choice Questions (45 questions from each section of Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology. This exam is of 3 hour duration and carries 720 marks.
After the preliminary examination successful candidates will qualify for the final examination and a final merit list for counseling will be prepared.
The official university website will have the exact dates.
DU MBBS 2017 Important Dates
|Date of issue of the Delhi University MBBS Information form 2017||May 2017 (Tentative)|
|Date of issue of the AIPMT 2017 application form||3rd week of December 2016|
|Last date for submission of the AIPMT application form for fee payment done through e-challan||First week of January 2017|
|Last date for submission of the AIPMT application form for fee payment done through other modes||2nd week of January 2017|
|Final date for successful transaction of the application fee without late fee charges||2nd week of January 2017|
|Last date for submission of the AIPMT application form with late fee for payment done through e-challan||2nd week of January 2017|
|Last date for submission of the AIPMT application form with late fee for payment done through other modes||2nd week of January 2017|
|Final date for successful transaction of the application fee with late fee charges||2nd week of February 2017|
|Date of issue of the AIPMT 2017 Admit Card||First week of April 2017|
|Date of the AIPMT Examination 2017||First week of May 2017|
|Date of publication of the AIPMT 2017 Results||First week of June 2017|
|Date of Publishing of the DU Medical Merit Lists 2017||June 2017 (Tentative)|
|DU MBBS 2017 Counselling Dates||June/July/August/September 2017 (Tentative)|