The Direct Admission of Student Abroad – DASA PG 2018 is an admission process for the M.Tech programmes which is carried out by the National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur (IIEST), Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs), Central Universities, Schools of Planning and Architecture (SPAs) and other premier Technical Institutions in India.
This year i.e The Direct Admission of Student Abroad (DASA) PG 2018 will be conducted by Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology (VNIT) Nagpur.
- Apply for B.Tech Admission in Mahindra Ecole Centrale. Click Here
- Apply for B.Tech Admission in BML Munjal University. Click Here
- Indian-origin candidate who pursued undergraduate qualification from outside India is eligible to apply.
- Foreign origin, OCIS (Overseas Citizen of India), PIO (Person of Indian Origin) category candidates who pursued undergraduate qualification from any country (including India) are eligible to apply.
- Indian-origin candidate who pursued undergraduate qualification from any CFTI (Centrally Funded Technical Institute) under DASA is eligible.
- Candidates who cleared their class 11th & 12th qualification from outside India but secured their undergraduate qualification from India can apply.
- Indian nationals who are having NRI status and have been keeping it for the last 3yrs post their completion of undergraduate program from India are eligible to apply.
- 4/5 years undergraduate degree in Engineering/Technology or its equivalent qualification from a recognised university/institute.
- Candidates must have secured a minimum of at least 60% aggregate marks or 6.50 CGPA.
- Final year students appearing for their qualifying examination in the academic year 2018-19 and expecting their final results latest by September 2018, may also apply.
- All candidates must have a valid minimum total of 300 GRE General Test Score (Verbal + Quantitative)
- Register by creating login details & email id and then submit
- Activate the registration by clicking the link emailed to them
- Enter the personal details including the address for communication.
- Upload all the scanned documents along with photograph & signature
- Do not send the hard copy of the documents
- Candidates must pay the registration fees & 1st-semester fees online as specified
- Must candidates make arrangement for sending their respective GRE?GMAT score from ETS TO Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur.
- Fees- US$ 2,300 (Registration fee- US$ 300 and Tuition fee- US$ 2,000)
- Candidates found eligible for Tuition Fee Waiver- US$ 1,350
The candidates interested in pursuing PG courses from an Indian institute can fill the online application form of DASA PG 2018 which will be easily accessible from April 2018, those who plan to enrol in the mentioned course need to fill the online application form before 1st week of June 2018.
The General Test marks (GRE)/Graduate Management Admission Test marks (GMAT) of the candidate will be taken into consideration for the admission in DASA PG 2018.
All the candidates have to submit their GRE/GMAT marks to Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology (VNIT) and the code is 2110.
Candidates must meet the required eligibility criteria regarding this exam before filling the online application form and should be ready with all the required documents for uploading.
The results of DASA PG 2018 (merit list) is prepared on the basis of the GRE marks of the candidates. Candidates can fill in their choice of program and the institute in which they choose to get admission, at the time of filling online application form of DASA PG 2018. Check out all the details related to DASA PG 2018 here in this article.
DASA PG 2018 Exam Dates
|Online Registration will start on||April 2018|
|Last Date of Registration||June 2018|
|Last date For accepting GMAT General Test Score||Last week of June 2018|
|First round for allocation of seats||First week of July 2018|
|Acceptance of allocated seats starts on||July 2018|
|Closing date for acceptance of allocated seats||July 2018|
|2nd round for allocation of seats||July 2018|
|Consent by candidates for allotted seats in 2ndround||July 2018|
|Reporting to allotted college by candidate||First week of August 2018|
DASA PG 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The following are the eligibility criteria in order to avail the admission in DASA PG 2018
No Age limit is prescribed for DASA PG 2018
DASA PG 2018 Application Form
The online Application form will be available from April 2018 and the last date for filling the online application form is June 2018.
Candidates need to feed in their basic information in order to log in, and the same login details will be required to fill up the online application form. The elaborated details regarding DASA PG 2018 application form are as follow
Step 1 –
Step 2 –
Mode of Payment
Payment of necessary amount will be made through SWIFT Transfer to the specified ICICI Bank or it is also possible to make E-payment through credit card/debit card.
DASA PG 2018 Merit List
The merit list of DASA PG 2018 will be prepared on the basis of the marks of GRE/GMAT exam. In case of a tie between 2 candidates the inter-use merit of such applicant will be determined by the below parameters
- Marks secured in GRE Analytical Writing and then by Quantitative Reasoning score in the same order.
- If the tie still persists, then the date of birth of the applicants will be taken into account and the elder candidate will be given preference.
- Those who have taken GMAT, the Analytical writing assessment score followed by a Quantitative score in the same order.
- If the scores are still tied in the case of GMAT, then the date of birth of the applicants will be taken into account and the elder applicant will be ranked above.
DASA PG 2018 Counselling
- Counselling process will be held in 2 rounds according to candidate’s rank in the merit list prepared by the authority.
- The first round of counselling will take place in July 2018 and candidates will have to give their acceptance of seat by 2nd week of July 2018. Candidates who are not allocated any seat, they will be eligible for the second round of counselling against vacancies.
- The second round of seat allotment will begin from 2nd week of July 2018, and candidates will have to give their confirmation latest by 3rd week of July 2018.
- Once the candidates are allotted seats, they are required to submit their confirmation and also the requisite documents at the allotted institute. Reporting at the allotted institutes will take place from 3rd week of July 2018.
- Merit list of candidates will be prepared according to their GRE score as received by MNIT from ETS/GMAC.
- Allotment of seats will be on the basis of their GRE test marks and preference given by them.
- Candidates with allocated seats need to download the provisional allotment letter.
- Candidates must sign the hard copy of allotment letter before they submit it to the respective institution.
- Aspirants then need to go through document verification process and need to submit the original documents specified by the institution.
Coordinator DASA 2018,
National Institute of Technology Srinagar
Hazratbal ,Srinagar-190 006,
Jammu & Kashmir, INDIA
DASA PG 2018 Participating Institutes
- National Institute of Technology, Warangal
- National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli
- National Institute of Technology, Surathkal
- National Institute of Technology, Calicut
- Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad
- Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur
- Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur
- Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat
- Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal
- National Institute of Technology, Rourkela