CUSAT CAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria has all the details regarding academics, age-related, qualifying exam and percentage in qualifying exam related conditions which candidates need to fulfill before applying for the CUSAT CAT 2017. CUSAT CAT is organized by Cochin University of Science and Technology for candidates who wish to get admissions into the technical institutes tied up to CUSAT. CUSAT CAT Eligibility Criteria 2017 also consists the nativity and residents related requirements for admission. Candidates applying for the CUSAT CAT 2017 entrance test should be citizens of India and should meet all the resident’s requirements. Students who desire to study in the undergraduate engineering courses of the University can check the complete Eligibility Criteria for CUSAT CAT 2017 listed below.
Eligibility Criteria for CUSAT CAT 2017
Before the candidates fill up the application form they need to go through the Eligibility criteria of CUSAT CAT 2017 which are as follows:
Regular B.Tech Courses:
- Candidates need to have cleared 10+2 or corresponding exam of the state of Kerala or any other corresponding examination from a recognized university/board.
- Candidates should have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as mandatory subjects in class 12th or equivalent exam.
- They need to have secured at least 50 percent marks in Mathematics in class 12th or its corresponding.
- Candidates need to have secured a total of 50 percent marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics taken together.
Note: For ST/SC category candidates if they have secured passing marks in their qualifying exam, then they would be eligible for admission apart for Marine Engineering.
B.Tech in Instrumentation Technology:
Candidates who desire to seek admission in Instrumentation Technology which is available at Cochin University of Science and Technology, need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Candidates need to have secured a minimum of 55percent marks in Mathematics in class 12th or equivalent.
- Candidates need to have secured a total of 60percent of marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics altogether.
B.Tech in Marine Engineering:
Candidates who wish to seek admission in Marine Engineering need to fulfill the following eligibility conditions in addition to the general criteria of eligibility:
- Candidates need to have secured a total of 60percent in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics altogether in class 12th or corresponding exam.
- Candidates need to have gained at least 50 percent in English in Class X or XII standard (applicable for ST/SC also).
- A maximum age limit of 25 years as on 1st September 2016.
- Medical fitness certificate gained from Medical Examiners accepted by DG Shipping is needed.
- Admission eligibility is on the basis of the directions from the DG shipping (Govt of India).
- Diploma/Vocational holders are not eligible.
Note: This is a residential program.
B.Tech. in Naval Architecture & Ship Building:
For admission to Naval Architecture & Ship Building program through CUSAT CAT, candidates need to complete the following eligibility conditions:
- Candidates need to have cleared their 12th examination of the state of Kerala or any other corresponding examination with a first class (minimum 60percent marks).
- Candidates need to score at least 50 percent marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics altogether.