CSIR UGC NET 2017 is conducted every year in the month of June and December. For the year 2017, the exam will be conducted in the third week of June 2017. The official notification has not been released yet but it will soon be available here. The National Eligibility Test is organized by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research i.e. the CSIR on behalf of the UGC. The exam is conducted for the eligibility of lectureship and research programs. Other details about the eligibility criteria, application procedures, exam pattern, admit card, result etc. of the CSIR UGC NET 2017 are given below.
CSIR UGC NET 2017 – About the Exam
The basic details of the CSIR UGC NET 2017 have been given as follows.
Exam name: CSIR UGC NET 2017
Conducting body: University Grants Commission (UGC)
Available posts: Lectureship/assistant professor and JRF
CSIR UGC NET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for an exam are generally set by the conducting authorities. These are a set of certain rules and conditions which must essentially be followed by the candidates to be eligible for taking the exam. Any candidate found not satisfying the eligibility criteria shall later be debarred from the recruitment process. The eligibility conditions for the CSIR UGC NET 2017 are given as follows.
- Candidates must be holding a graduation degree in any of the courses such as B.E., B.Tech., B.Pharma., M.Sc., MBBS with a minimum pass percentage of 55% from a recognized university.
- Candidates appearing in the final year exams of M.Sc. are also eligible to apply for this exam.
- The age limit to be eligible for this exam is that the candidate should not be of age more than 28 years.
CSIR UGC NET 2017 Application Form
The CSIR UGC NET 2017 application form can be filled online through the official portal of this exam. The direct link to apply for the exam has been given here. If the candidates want to take part in the recruitment process and the written exam, they shall have to submit the application form along with the application fee before the deadline is reached. The procedure to fill the application form is given as follows.
- To begin with, the candidates must click on the link given here to start applying for the exam.
- Next, the candidate must fill the opened application form with the correct details. After completing the application form, the candidates must take a printout of the completed form.
- This application form must be sent to the address given below along with the Demand Draft of the application fee as given below.
For general category aspirants: Rs.1000
For OBC category aspirants: Rs.500
For SC/ST/PWD aspirants: Rs.250
Senior Controller of Examination,
Examination Unit, HRD Group,
Opposite Institute of Hotel Management,
Library Avenue, Pusa,
New Delhi -110012
CSIR UGC NET 2017 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of an exam depicts the internal details of a question paper. These include the type of questions put up in the paper, the number of questions, the total time allotted, the marks distribution etc. All such details must be known by the participants of the exam so that they can attempt the paper better and also prepare for it better. The exam pattern for the CSIR UGC NET 2017 exam is given as follows.
- The type of questions asked will be multiple choice type questions.
- The total marks of the paper will be 200 marks.
- The total time duration of the exam is 3 hours.
- Negative marking is applicable for this exam.
- The questions will be asked of the major subjects like life sciences, mathematical sciences, chemical sciences, engineering sciences, physical sciences, earth and atmospheric sciences.
CSIR UGC NET 2017 Exam Dates
|Online application process starts from||August 2017|
|Date of close of deposit of fees (all stations)||September 2017|
|Date of close of online submission||September 2017|
|Last date of receipt of duly completed hard copy of online application in the examination unit||September 2017|
|Last date of receipt of duly completed hard copy of online application in the examination unit (from remote areas)||September 2017|
|Last date for receipt of written request for change of examination centre only on merit basis||October 2017|
|Tentative date of publication of list of candidates registered for test on CSIR HRDG website||November 2017|
|Last date for accepting of representation about non-registration for this test||November 2017|
|Exam Date (CSIR UGC NET December 2017)||December 2017|
CSIR UGC NET 2017 Admit Card
The admit card for the CSIR UGC NET 2017 exam will be released some days before the exams. The admit card is a very mandatory document which is essentially required at the time of written exam. If a candidate is found without the admit card, he/she shall not be allowed to appear for the written exam. Therefore, all the candidates must download the admit card on time and get it printed so that it can be brought to the exam hall. The date of release of admit card will soon be notified here soon.
CSIR UGC NET 2017 Result
The CSIR UGC NET 2017 result shall be released after some time of the exam. the result will also be released online only on the official site. The result shall show the cut-off marks for the test. All the candidates who will cross this cut-off score will be included in the result and will be seen as qualified for the CSIR UGC NET 2016 exam. Candidates will be able to check their result through the link that will be posted here as soon as it is available.