Table of Content
Company Secretary (CS) – Final course is a course of 10 months and consists of only theoretical examinations. The Company secretary doesn’t have traditional mundane “secretarial” work but is primarily the arbitrator between the management and the organizations board of directors. You can apply for this course after you clear the Intermediate Course for Company Secretary. After clearing this course you’re well on the path of being a company secretary. The course is provided by the institute of Company Secretaries India (I.C.S.I) is an amalgamation of postal tuition and optional classes for coaching.
Company secretaries are responsible for creating policies for the company, maintenance of legal records, taking care of public issues, managing mergers and acquisition related activities. They are also sought after as liaisons agents of the company while handling and negotiating with a number of government authorities.
|Company Secretary (CS) – Final Course Summary|
|Name of course||Final Course for Company Secretary|
|Common term||Final course C.S|
|Field of Study||Finance and Insurance|
|Type of Course||Full time|
Company Secretary (CS) – Final course Eligibility Criteria
If you are really interested in pursuing this course you are required to meet certain criteria. You have to clear the intermediate examination that is conducted before the final course examination to apply for which you have to be 17 years of age. Also you have to wait a minimum of 9 calendar months before being admitted into the examination that are conducted bi-annually namely in July and December.
Company Secretary (CS) – Final course Syllabus
The CS course at the final level consists of mainly theoretical examinations. It consists of 15 subjects that are arranged into 3 groups of 3 papers each carrying a weightage of 100 marks.
To clear the examination the student is required to obtain a minimum score of 40%in each paper and an aggregate of 50% in all the particular papers of a group together, failing in which the student is required to reappear in all the papers of the group again. There are certain exemptions made for students who have obtained high marks in 1 or more papers but had failed the aggregate examination.
• Advanced Company Law and Practice
• Secretarial Practice relating to Economic Laws and Drafting and Conveyance
• Secretarial Management and Systems Audit
• Financial, Treasury and Forex Management
• Corporate Restructuring-Law and Practice
• Banking and Insurance-Law and Practice
• WTO-International Trade, Joint Ventures and Foreign Collaborations
• Direct and Indirect Taxation-Law and Practice
• Human Resource Management and Industrial Relations
You will have to undergo short term training process during the course of your intermediate level and after final level CS course which aims at improving on your communication and management skills and also helps in personality development. This training can be completed in companies that are sponsored by ICSI or also under the guidance of a practicing company secretary
Pros and Cons of Company Secretary Final
Every course can be likened to two sides of a coin. I have tried to enumerate and differentiate a few pros and cons for your benefit.
- There is a high market demand for this career
- There is tremendous growth opportunity in this particular field and also excellent remuneration
- This is a much coveted position especially for youngsters who aspire to make it big in the corporate world
- This is a highly recognized course; but only in India
- There is a constant pressure to deliver results as your responsibility is highly visible and thus accountable
You can opt for this career path if you possess good judgemental quality , legal aptitude, an interest in current affairs and also good administrative ability. Other skills required for this particular career profile include not only good communication skills but also a firm grounding in accountancy, secretarial practice and a keen mind to learn new things.
Top 10 colleges for CS Final in Mumbai
- Mumbai University
- K Somaiya college of Arts and Commerce
- NMIMS-Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
- MC-Mithibai College
- MCC-Mulund College of Commerce
- VESIT-Vivekanand Education Society Institute of Technology
- BC-Bhavans College
- MLDCC-M L Dahanukar College of Commerce
- PC-Patkar College
- Jai Hind College