COMEDK UGET 2017 Application Form – The Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental colleges of Karnataka also known as COMEDK has been started to determine the merit of candidates an a manner that is fairly effective , unbiased ,transparent and non-exploitative testing procedure and has been approved by the associations of medical, dental and engineering private colleges for merit determination of students who are seeking admissions to the Member Institutions . Currently there are 14 medical, 25 dental and more than 150 engineering colleges who are affiliated to COMEDK which make available almost 20000 seats and make use of the testing mechanism for effective admission to UG Programmes. The policies and progammes of COMEDK are decided upon by an Executive Council which comprises of two principals each of Medical, Dental and engineering colleges and also a retired Chief Secretary a director General of police plus two educationalists and a retired Principal Secretary higher education department , government of Karnataka as chief executive and chairman of the executive council.
COMEDK UGET 2017 Registration Process
I’ll be breaking down the application into a step by step format for your convenience. If you follow these steps you will get done with the COMEDK UGET 2017 application process.
Documents to keep at hand while filling the form:
- Demand Draft(drawn from the nationalized banks in favour of “COMEDK” payable at Bangalore. Refer Annexure I for the list of Nationalized Banks) 10th Standard Marks card / School Leaving Certificate indicating the candidate’s Date of Birth (required for the date of birth verification).c. SC/ST/OBC or Minority Certificates (Religious/Linguistic) if any.
Please make note of:
- The candidate has to make sure that the DD is drawn from the nationalized banks in favour of “COMEDK” payable at Bangalore of 1200/- INR for 3 subjects (PCB or PCM) i.e MBBS/BDS OR B.E and 1500/- for 4 subjects (PCMB) i.e MBBS/BDS and B.E.(excess won’t be refunded)
- The candidate has to check for the banker’s signature on the DD before sending it to COMEDK and ensure that the COMEDK UGET 2017 online application form is filled up with valid details.
- After reverifying all the details only then click on the submit button and make a note of the application number as displayed on the application form as a 6 digit number.
- It’s vital for the candidates to take a printout of the online application form along with the online study certificate requiring attestation by the head of the institution they last studied in.
- Candidates who have sent a DD for 1500 but have only selected 3 subjects will be allowed for only those 3 papers and candidates who have sent a DD for 1200/- and have selected four subjects will be rejected.
- The candidates have to make sure to stick a recent colour passport size picture that’s not older than 6 months in the space provided and applications with smudged/tampered/hazy photograph will be rejected. The photograph should not be stapled or pinned.
- Incomplete or incorrect applications will be rejected without any prior intimation so the candidates should be careful while filling the form. Also multiple application forms will result in confusion and may result in disqualification. COMEDK is not responsible for any error made by the candidate while filling the form and no change request on the application data will be accepted and there won’t be any refunds. Also COMEDK won’t be held responsible for any loss/delay/damage which might occur during postal or courier delivery.
- Any application that’s received after the last date as mentioned in the calendar of events will be rejected
- The candidates have to submit the following documents with the application form.
|1. DD that has to be drawn from the nationalized bank in favour of “COMEDK” payable at Bangalore of 12000/- INR for 3 subjects and 1500/- for 4 subjects.The applicant is supposed to write his name and mobile number with the application number at the back of the DD|
|2. Printed copy of the online application form|
|3. Online study certificate(as per prescribtion) is a system generated certificate which requires attestation by the head of the institution last studied and will be generated with the application form|
|4. Copy of the 10th standard marks or school leaving certificate indicating the DoB|
|5. Candidates belonging to SC, ST and OBC of Karnataka will be considered if they furnish the foll copies:SC / ST: Caste Certificate issued by competent authority (Authorised to issue such a certificate but not below the rank of a Tahsildar)OBC: Category I, IIA, IIB, IIIA and IIIB: As notified by the Karnataka Govt. Caste and Income Certificate issued by Tahsildar or higher revenue jurisdictional authority authorised to issue such a certificate.
MINORITY: Religious (Christian) of All India / Linguistic (Tulu/Telugu/Konkani) of Karnataka minority candidates to produce certificate as per Annexure – IV (Attested photocopy) of Brochure obtained on or before submission of their application (available on www.comedk.org).
Please note any application form without the documents will be rejected.
Avoid stapling of the DD instead its preferable to use clips and also the passport size photos should not be over 6 months old
The candidate has to send the completed application form to COMEDK office by Speed Post or Courier to
The Executive Secretary – COMEDK,
# 132, Second Floor,
11th Main, 17th Cross,
Bangalore – 560055,The forms won’t be received in person.
Fields to be entered:
The candidates have to enter their full name ,DoB ,gender, Parents name (both fathers and mothers), parents annual income, course applying for, test location choice, nationality and belonging to which domicile i.e. Karnataka or non-Karnataka
If Karnataka, Select type of Domicile i.e. By Birth / By Domicile.
For consideration into Karnataka category, the domicile rules of the Government of Karnataka will be strictly followed.
Being a citizen of India If you belong to Karnataka by birth / domicile and have schooling for a minimum period of SEVEN academic years commencing from 1st to 2nd PUC / 12th Standard as on 1st July of the year in which the Entrance Test is held and must have passed either SSLC / 10th Standard or 2nd PUC / 12th Standard or equivalent qualifying examination from Karnataka State. In case of the candidate who had taken more than one year to pass a class or standard, the years of academic study is counted as one year only.
Indian Citizens of Karnataka origin, who have studied and passed both 1st and 2nd year PUC or 11th and 12th standard examination within the State of Karnataka from an Educational Institution run or recognized by the State Government. And either of the parents should have studied in an educational institution of Karnataka for a minimum period of SEVEN years. Such candidates have to produce certificates issued by the competent authority to show that he /she or his/her parent (Father / Mother) has been a resident of Karnataka State as per Annexure – III and study certificate/s against their claim.This is in accordance with the Government Notification in No. ED 10 TEC 2006, dated 28th February 2006, issued under the Karnataka Educational Institutions (Prohibition of Capitation Fee) Act, 1984 (Karnataka Act 37 of 1984). If you do not fall into the above two categories please select Non-Karnataka
The candidate has to next select the category the belong to, permanent address, city, state, pin code, valid phone number, email id, name of the institution last studied in, place of the institution ,year of passing ,co. of attempt in COMEDK exam, result, DD details including DD no. DD date drawee bank etc.
After filling in all these details the candidate should read the declaration and both the candidate and candidates parents should sign it failing which the form will be rejected
Status of all the received forms will be available on the official website.