COMEDK PGET 2017 Medical stands for Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka PG Entrance Test. It is organized to determine the merit of individuals with the method that is effective, transparent and completely fair and non-exploitative. As you have already decided to give the examination lets get started about your scope after clearing the examination. Currently, 19 Dental and 12 Medical colleges have almost 600 seats tied up to COMEDK. This is because its testing mechanism is very effective for admission to the PG Program so you have definitely made the right choice!
But you should make a note that the test results for the exam is valid only for that particular year and not for any future year so it is not really a one time thing! As you have already decided to give the examination we have in this article provided you with complete details on the COMEDK PGET 2017 entrance exam such as its eligibility criteria, application form, rank list, upcoming results, admit cards, exam dates and other latest notifications.
COMEDK PGET 2017 Application Form
As you have already made up your mind lets start you off with the first step of any entrance examination which is applying for it! Hence we have listed the step by step procedure of the COMEDK PGET 2017 Application Form.
Step 1: You will have to register yourself for the exam by sending a request for an COMEDK PGET 2017 Application form called ‘Request for Application (RFA)’. This RFA will provide you with the essential particulars before making the proper application. You will have to follow the general instructions to access the format of Request for Application for filling the required fields through this link https://www.comedk.org/PGRFA.
Step 2: Enter your full Name, your name should not exceed 40 characters including the blank spaces. Provide your date of birth in DD/MM/YYYY format only.
Step 3: Select the course either Dental or Medical. Ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria for the course you select. Select any one of the below listed valid Photo ID proofs available in original and keep it ready before filling the RFA. The same ID Proof should be produced during the Entrance Test and Counseling. It can be: Voter ID, PAN Card, Passport, Aadhar Card and Driving License. You should enter the Identity proof number, valid Email ID and your Mobile number.
Step 4: Do note that you will have to click on the declaration option before you click on submit. You will also be provided with an option to edit the details provided by you during the above entry. The Unique ID Proof, E-mail ID and mobile number should remain the same till the counseling process is completed. You will be asked to produce the Unique ID Proof which is mentioned at various stages during the process. Do ensure that you do press the ‘CONFIRM’ button only after making sure that all the details given are correct. You will also receive a communication in this regard via your mobile number and the E-mail ID provided.
COMEDK PGET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Its always better to know if you can apply for the exam prior to filling out the form in order to avoid any misunderstandings.
- Those of you from all over the country can appear for this entrance examination. The COMEDK PGET 2017 eligibility criteria for Post Graduate Degree or Diploma programs have been as published by COMEDK in its Notification.
- You need to meet all the requirements stipulated by MCI / DCI every time. You should clear your MBBS / BDS from an Institution recognized by MCI / DCI successfully. You need to have completed or completing your internship by 30th April of that year at the latest.
- The minimum marks in this exam should be 50% for General Merit category and 40% for the individuals belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe (All India) and Other Backward Classes belonging to Karnataka State. You need to have a permanent registration with the MCI / DCI or any of the State Dental or Medical Council.
Candidates who are not applicable:
- Those of you already holding a PG Degree in any specialty.
- Those of you who are pursuing a PG Degree / Diploma in any clinical specialty after securing the seat through COMEDK in the earlier years.
- Those of you having selected a seat earlier through COMEDK and failed to join the college so selected or failed to surrender the said seat at the COMEDK level or having joined the college failed to pursue the course.
- Those of you who have been rusticated by COMEDK during the previous years for any examination malpractice.
COMEDK PGET 2017 Exam Pattern
Its always good to have a basic idea regarding the COMEDK PGET 2017 Exam Pattern of any examination prior to appearing for it. The scope of the syllabus for the Post Graduate Medical / Dental entrance test is on the basis of B.D.S. or M.B.B.S. syllabus as mentioned by MCI / DCI respectively.
There would be one separate test for PG Medical and one separate test for PG Dental Course. Each test has 180 Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ). Each correct answer would be granted one mark and has no negative marking. A merit / rank list is generated on the basis of your score in COMEDK PGET only.
You would have to score at least 50% for General category and 40% for SC/ST/OBC categories.
COMEDK PGET 2017
|Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Notification for receiving Request for Application Form (RFA) to write COMEDK PGET 2017||November 2016|
|Start date for Online Application Form||November 2016|
|Last date for Filling up the COMEDK PGET 2017 Online Application Form||January 2017|
|Last date for receipt of COMEDK PGET 2017 Application Form||December 2016|
|Downloading of Online Test Admission Ticket||January 2017|
|COMEDK PGET 2017 Test Day||January 2017 ( 10.00 AM to 1.00 PM )|
|Publishing of Provisional Answer Keys||January 2017|
|Last date for receiving objections pertaining to Provisional Answer Keys||January 2017|
|Publishing of Final Answer Keys||February 2017|
|Publishing of Test Score||February 2017|
|Publishing of Rank List and uploading of Online Rank Card||February 2017|