The Chennai mathematical Institute conducts the entrance exam to give admission to students in undergraduate and post graduate level courses. The institute offers Ph.D. courses to students as well. The University conducts a common exam for the BSc programs. Courses offered by CMI mentioned below:
- BSc in mathematics and computer science
- BSc in mathematics and physics
- MSc in computer science
- MSc in mathematics
- MSc in application of mathematics
- PhD in mathematics
- PhD in physics
- PhD in computer science
incidentally CMI is one of the newest institutions in India that offers quality education to its students. The institute also provides master’s degree programmes and research programmes in the field of Mathematics. The university also provides candidates with the option to take 2 year bachelor degree courses or 3 year master degree courses in the fields of Computer Science, Physics and Mathematics.
In the entrance exam, the candidates are given admission on the basis of their performance in the entrance test. The university notifies that the candidates seeking admission into the institution can begin applying for the entrance test CMI 2018 form the month of February. The candidates are also notified that the university will most tentatively scheduled the CMI 2018 entrance exam in the month of May 2018.
Each year, the students’ batch strength varies from 10 to 25, and the overall strength of the institute stands at a rough 100 to 125 student per year. There is additional benefit for candidate who have passed the National Science Olympiad are eligible to get direct entry in the course they wish to apply with.
The CMI notifies the candidate that they will be able to apply for the entrance test in both offline and online mode. The candidates will be able to fill the CMI 2018 form from the 26th of February till the 21st of April 2018. Candidates must also know that the results for the entrance test will be declared on the 26th of May 2018.
CMI Entrance Exam Eligibility Criteria 2018
- All applying candidates must successfully passed their class 12 exam.
- All candidates must score a minimum aggregate of 50% in their 10+2 level exam.
- Candidates applying for BSC courses must passed their class 12 examinations successfully candidate must pass their class 12 examination from a recognised board. Candidates performing exceptionally well in National Science Olympiad are exempted from writing the exam. This decision is at the discretion of the admission committee.
- Candidates applying for MSc courses must successfully complete their undergraduate level exam. Candidates must have a strong background of mathematics.
- Candidates applying for research programmes must successfully complete their Bachelor’s level examination and Masters’ level examination. Candidates applying in PhD programmes must have a strong aptitude for research as a primary requirement.
CMI Entrance Exam Application Process
- Candidates must begin with registering themselves for the examination. Candidates can register themselves online and off-line. Candidates can apply online or off-line by filling up the entrance exam application form. Candidates must submit the form by hand or by post.
- Applying candidates can download entrance exam admit card from official University website. The University will release admit cards in the month of May 2018. Admit cards contain all details about candidate, exam date, name of test venue.
- Candidates must appear for the entrance exam in May 2018. Candidates are advised to reach the exam Centre one hour before the start of exam. This gives the candidates some time to regroup and think on time management strategies.
- Entrance exam results will be announced in the month of June 2018. All appearing candidates can check their results from the official University website.
- Candidates for PhD programmes must appear for interview process at Chennai. For all other courses, admission committee will conduct interviews at their own discretion. Admission committee will invite candidates on the basis of prior academic records. Powers are vested with in the hands of the admission committee.
Application Fee Payment:
The Application fee for CMI 2018 entrance exam remains the same as the last year. Candidates have to make payment of either Rs.750 or Rs.900 depending upon their selection of courses.
CMI Entrance Examinations 2018 Exam Dates
The dates for entrance exam in 2018 or not yet disclosed, however, candidates can take a look at previous years dates to get idea of the same. Previous years dates are mentioned below:
- Application form distribution commencement on April 6th, 2017.
- Last date for application submission scheduled for April 30th, 2017.
- Admit card was available from May, 2018.
- Exam will be conducted on May 18, 2018.
- Results are set to be declared on June 29th, 2018.
The CMI 2018 exam date table is given below:
|CMI 2018 Registrations Begin from||6th April 2018|
|The last date of CMI registrations scheduled for||30th April 2018|
|The Institutes will conduct the CMI 2018 entrance exam on||18th May 2018|
|The institute will declare the Results for CMI 2018 entrance exam on||26th may 2018|
CMI Entrance Exam 2018 Exam Pattern
For BSc (Honors): The exam will test the student’s mathematical aptitude of 10+2 level. The exam will have objective type questions and questions from subjects like arithmetic, geometry, calculus, algebra, trigonometry.
For MSc and PhD in Computer Science and Mathematics: The exam paper will include topics from discrete mathematics, basic computer organisation, programming, algorithms. The test will consist multiple choice questions and questions requiring detailed answers.
For MSc and PhD in Mathematics and Application of Mathematics: The exam will check the candidates mathematical attitude. The paper will consist of multiple choice questions and questions requiring detailed answers. Questions will come from topics like real analysis, algebra, complex analysis, calculus.
For PhD in Physics: The entrance exam will test a candid use aptitude in physics.
CMI 2018 Exam Centres
The CMI 2018 Exam Centres are mentioned below:
Candidates must keep in mind that they are eligible to receive handsome scholarship programmes that will be enough to meet all their expenses.
CMI Entrance Exam 2018 Admit Card
Institute will make exam admit card is available on official website. Candidates must carry the exam admit cards to the test Centre. Candidates must carry a valid photo ID with them. Photo ID can be any government document including: passport, Aadhaar card, school ID card, college ID card, PAN card, driving license.
Candidates do not need any signature or photograph for admit cards. The admit card is a critical document necessary to sit in the examination. Candidates must not forget to carry the admit cards on the day of the examination. No candidates are allowed to sit for the examinations without their admit cards. Failure to furnish admit cards at the test center result in cancellation of the exam.
The admit card contains information regarding the candidate, the name of the test venue, the date and the time of the exam. Admit card also contains personal details of candidates. Admit card contains the name preference of choice of college and subject selection as well. Hence, candidates must not forget to carry their admit cards on the day of exam.
CMI 2018 Entrance Exam Result
The institute will declare the entrance exam results right after the successful completion of the exam. Candidates will be able to access their results online form the official website of CMI 2018. Candidates will have to use their log in ID and password to get into their accounts and check their results. For that, they would have to keep the log in ID and password safe with them till the end of the entrance exam.
Candidates can follow the steps given below to check their CMI 2018 Results in time:
- Visit the official website http://www.cmi.ac.in although the institute has not yet released the dates for the declaration of results, candidates can still anticipate that things will be notified in time.
- Click on the CMI result link and press enter
- Then the application form ID and password need to be punched into the blank spaces
- Then hit Enter
- After that, the result will flash on the screen
- Then, the candidates will be able to check and download their results
CMI 2018 Entrance Exam Syllabus and Past Questions Papers
The CMI previous year questions papers and the entrance exam syllabus are available at the CMI official website: http://www.cmi.ac.in Candidates will be able to access the website through the link mentioned above and can download the past question papers as well as their syllabus for the year 2018. Form the past question papers the candidates will be able to get a brief idea of the standard types of questions that are asked in the CMI entrance exams. However, each year there is slight change in the format of the question paper which cannot be predicted. Hence, candidates are to rely on their logical skills which they are to test alongside their academic preparations for the test. Also, the core concepts of the syllabus need to be crystal clear to score good marks in the paper.