Common Law Admission Test popularly known as CLAT 2017 is national level exam on rotation by 16 National Law Universities (NLUs). This exam is conducted to offer admission to candidates in different postgraduate and undergraduate courses such as L.L.B & L.L.M. The all India entrance exam CLAT is conducted by the Ram Manohar Lohia National Law University (RMLNLU) in various law universities of India. Candidates who are interested can fill the application form from January, 2017. Candidates will get admission on merit cum preference basis and allocation of candidates to various NLU’s will be similar. Candidate should be below 20 years to apply for the examination. CLAT exam shall be held in the second week of May, 2017. Applicants can get the eligibility, application form, exam pattern and dates of CLAT exam below.
|CLAT 2017 Exam Summary|
|Exam Name||Common Law Admission Test|
|Commonly known as||CLAT|
|Exam level||National Level|
|Conducting Authority||Ram Manohar Lohia National Law University (RMLNLU)|
|Exam Stream||Law Entrance Exam|
CLAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates interested to apply for the CLAT 2017 examination must satisfy the below conditions:
For U.G Course:
- Applicants completed their Higher Secondary Certificate or its equivalent examination from a recognized university or board can apply for the examination.
- Applicants must not exceed than 20 years of age as on 1st July, 2017 (22 in case of SC/ ST candidate) to apply for the examination.
- Applicants must score a minimum of 45% of aggregate marks in their HSC/ 12th examination and 40% in case of SC/ ST category applicants to be eligible for the test.
For P.G Course:
- Applicants must have completed their graduation degree (L.L.B/ B.L) or its equivalent degree from a recognized university to be eligible for the test.
- Applicants should have scored at least 55% of aggregate marks in graduation to apply for the examination (50% in case of SC/ ST candidates).
Applicants who are appearing their final year can also apply for the examination.
CLAT 2017 Application Process
Applicants need to follow the steps given below to apply for CLAT 2017:
Step 1: Applicants have to visit www.clat.ac.in to apply for the examination.
Step 2: Applicants should enter their personal, qualification and other details as mentioned in the application form.
Step 3: Applicant need to upload their recent passport size photograph and signature in JPG format only as mentioned in the application form.
Step 4: For the completion of the process applicants must pay their application fees online through Credit/ Debit Card/ Net Banking.
CLAT 2017 Application fees
Applicants ought to pay the application fees of Rs 4000/- (approx) for general category students and Rs 3500/- (approx) for reserved category students.
CLAT 2017 Exam Pattern
- The CLAT exam comprises of 200 multiple choice questions.
- Applicants 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer given and 1 mark will be added for every correct answer.
- The overall time for the examination will be 2 hours.
- The distribution of subject and marks for UG exam is as follows:
|Subject||No of Questions||Marks|
|English including comprehension||40||40|
|General knowledge/ Current Affairs||50||50|
|Elementary Math ( Numerical Ability)||20||20|
- The distribution of subject and marks for PG exam is as follows:
|Subject||No of Questions||Marks|
|Other law subjects (including Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, Family Law, Property Law, IPR, etc.)||50||50|
CLAT 2017 Participating Universities
There are 16 Law Universities that will participate in CLAT 2017. These universities will accept CLAT 2017 Test Score for admission into the various Law Courses.
- National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore
- NALSAR University of Law (NALSAR), Hyderabad
- The National Law Institute University (NLIU), Bhopal
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (WBNUJS), Kolkata
- National Law University (NLU), Jodhpur
- Hidayatullah National Law University (HNLU), Raipur
- Gujarat National Law University (GNLU), Gandhinagar
- Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University (RMLNLU), Lucknow
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Patiala
- Chanakya National Law University (CNLU), Patna
- The National University of Advanced Legal Studies (NUALS), Kochi
- National Law University Odisha (NLUO), Cuttack
- National University of Study and Research in Law (NUSRL), Ranchi
- National Law University and Judicial Academy (NLUJA), Assam, Guwahati
- Damodar Sanjeevaiya National Law University, Vishakhapatnam,Andhra Pradesh
- The Tamil Nadu National Law School, Tiruchirappalli (TNNLS)
CLAT 2017 Category wise UG and PG Seats
|Under- Graduate||Post- Graduate|
CLAT 2017 Exam Dates
|CLAT Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Starting date for submission of online application form||First week of January, 2017|
|Last date for submission of filled-in online application form||Last week of March, 2017|
|Download of Admit Cards/Hall Tickets||April, 2017|
|Date of CLAT – 2017 Online examination for UG & PG||2nd week of May, 2017|
The above dates are tentative. No official dates have been declared yet. Keep visiting our website in order to get any updates.