Chemical Engineering is the branch of engineering stream dealing with the design control construction supervision installing and operating of equipment’s and the plants for the manufacturing the chemical products. It is also involved in the development of new methods for production.
Chemical engineering is a branch of engineering helps in providing man-made and synthetic material in replacement of limited natural and resources. Chemical engineering overlaps the other technical fields like nanotechnology, fuel cells and biomedical engineering.
- Apply for B.Tech Admission in Mahindra Ecole Centrale. Click Here
- Apply for B.Tech Admission in BML Munjal University. Click Here
- Diploma courses
- UG degree courses
- PG degree courses
- Integrated degree courses
- Doctoral courses
- Diploma in Chemical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in Chemical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Chemical Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Chemical Engineering
- Master of Engineering (ME) in Chemical Engineering
- Master of Science (M.Sc) in Chemical Engineering
- Master of Technology (M.Tech) in Chemical Engineering
- Integrated five-year M.Tech in Chemical Engineering
- JEEP (Joint Entrance Examination Preliminary)
- AIJEE (All India Joint Entrance Examination)
- GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test Examination)
- Electronic Materials
- Biomedical Engineering
- Process Engineering
- Food Processing
- Electronic Engineering
- Electronic Materials
- Process Control
- Biochemical Engineering
- Unit Operations of Chemical Engineering by Warren L. McCabe
- Elements of Chemical Reaction Engineering by H. Scott Fogler
- Introduction to Chemical Engineering T. Banchero
- Chemical Reaction Engineering by Octave Levenspiel
- The Safety Relief Valve Handbook: Design and Use of Process Safety Valves to ASME and International Codes and Standards by Marc Hellemans
- Principles, Practice and Economics of Plant and Process Design by Gavin Towler
- Chemical Engineering Volume 6 by R.K. Sinnott
- Design and Application Centrifugal Pumps by Val S. Lobanoff
- Distillation Troubleshooting by Henry Z. Kister
- Essays in Brewing Science by Charles W. Bam forth
- Indian Oil
- Piramal Healthcare
Chemical Engineering is the science that deals with the principles which involve understanding and describing the chemistry, chemical properties, analysis environment and their control.
Chemical Engineering contains manufacturing paints, plastic, fuels, medicines, fibres, fertilisers, papers, semiconductors and others. A chemical engineer carries out the chemical experiments, result purification and cleaning technology for protecting the environment.
Course & Duration
In India there are several chemical industries and several are moving to our country from abroad. It is a sign of better opportunities for the chemical engineers. Chemical engineering is the broadest field of research and development and this thing offers various courses in this field.
Several Universities and colleges are offering the Academic programmes in the field of chemical engineering. There are four types of programmes in textile engineering in India as the following
The required minimum qualification for those courses is 12th with science. The diploma courses are leading to the polytechnic diploma. The Duration of the Diploma course is 3 years after the completion of 12th Standard.
The Undergraduate degree programmes are leading to the B.Tech degree courses and the B.Sc degree courses. The Duration of the UG degree courses is 3 -4 years after the completion of 12th Standard.
The postgraduate degree programmes are leading to the M.Tech degree courses. The duration of the integrated degree courses is 5 years after completion of 12th Standard.
All domains of courses in the field of chemical engineering are as follows
For Admission in the polytechnic diploma programmes and the UG degree leading to the B.Tech Degree courses, the candidates must have passed the 12th with minimum of 50% with science subjects out of chemistry, mathematics and physics.
Many of the Indian Colleges or the Universities have marked the criterion of entrance examination before the admission in any of the above programmes. Some of the entrance examinations are as the following which is conducted by the various Universities in India.
For Admission in Diploma courses leading to the Polytechnic diploma the candidates must have to appear in JEEP Entrance examination and for admission to the UG programme, the candidate must have to appear in JEE (Main) Entrance Examination. Some of the universities conduct their own entrance examinations.
The Admissions is based on the minimum of 50% marks in the qualifying examination and the score in the entrance examination followed by the counselling and personal interview.
For Admissions to the PG programmes, the candidates need to attain the GATE Entrance examination after the completion of the UG degree in the same or equivalent field.
The specialisations in the field of chemical engineering are as the following:
Some of the preferred books and references in the field of chemical engineering are as the following:
Jobs & Career
A chemical engineer is the man who uses the natural material or the waste material and turns that into the useful or less harmful for our use. The chemical engineer can work and help with the products like cosmetics, medicine, papers, food & drink, textile, fuel, oil & gas and metallurgy for furniture and vehicle
The chemical engineers are commonly called as the Universal Engineers for their deep knowledge in both engineering and chemistry. It proves that the professional can find the job in various fields. There is an opportunity to work with any organisation wherein the chemical research work has been done.
The chemical engineers may be employed in multinational companies, research organisations oil and gas Industries and much more.
In the field of chemical engineering, a fresh graduate may get initial salary around 20000 to 25000 a month in India or $35000 to 440000 per annum in the US.
An experienced professional can get anywhere up to 40000 to Rs 50000 per month in India and $90000 to $100000
Some of the reputed recruiters in the field of chemical engineering are as the following: