CDS 2 2016 Exam which is widely known as the Combined Defence Services exam is managed by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The exam is conducted on a national level and is meant for the selection of worthy candidates for different posts of IMA, INA etc.Total 5 academies will be taking part to recruit candidates based on this exam. This exam is conducted in 2 slots in a year and this is the 2nd slot. The exam will be held on 23 October 2016. Read additional details about the CDS II 2016 Exam and its eligibility criteria, application forms, exam pattern, admit card, result etc. given below.
CDS II 2016 Exam Summary
Exam Name: CDS 2 2016 Exam
Full form: Combined Defence Services Exam – II 2016
Organizing Authority: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
Exam level: National-level
Number of posts: 464
- IMA (Indian Military Academy): 200 posts
- INA (Indian Naval Academy): 45 posts
- AFA (Air Force Academy): 32 posts
- OTA (Officers Training Academy, SSC course-men): 175 posts
- OTA (Officers Training Academy, SSC course-women): 5 posts
CDS 2 2016 Eligibility Criteria
By the eligibility criteria of an exam, we mean to refer to the rules and conditions of the exam which are essentially required to be satisfied by the aspirants of the exam. These conditions are set by the organizing authority of the exam and must be satisfied by all the candidates who want to be eligible for the exam. All the non-eligible candidates will not be allowed to take the exam. The eligibility conditions for the CDS II 2016 Exam has been given below.
- The candidate’s nationality must be Indian/a subject of Bhutan/a subject of Nepal/Tibetan refugee.
- The educational qualifications to be eligible for the exam are different for the different posts. These are given as follows.
For OTA/IMA: The candidate must have passed graduation degree exam from a recognised university.
For INA: The candidate must have passed a graduation degree exam in a specific discipline of engineering from a recognised university.
For AFA: The candidate must have passed a graduation degree in Physics and Mathematics in class 12.
- All the candidates who will be appearing in the final year exams of the graduation degree cam also apply for this exam.
- The age limit has also been set different for the different posts. These are given as follows. For IMA: Only the male and unmarried candidates born after 2 January 1993 and before 1 January 1998 are eligible for this exam.
For INA: Only the male and unmarried candidates born after 2 January 1993 and before 1 January 1998 are eligible for this exam.
For AFA: Only the candidates aged between 20-24 years as on 1 January 2017 are eligible for this exam.
For OTA (Men): Only the male candidates born after 2nd January 1992 and before 1st January 1998 are eligible for this exam.
For OTA (Women): Only the female candidates who are unmarried/widows/divorced born after 2nd January 1992 and before 1st January 1998 are eligible for this exam.
CDS 2 2016 Application Form
In order to participate in the recruitment process, all the eligible candidates need to submit the application form. The applications must be filled online on the official website of the UPSC. The application forms for the CDS II 2016 Exam will start from the 16 August 2016. The link to fill the online application will be posted here and the procedure to apply for the exam is also given below.
- Candidates must follow the link given above to apply online.
- On the registration page, candidates must provide the details as asked on the page. They will be allotted a registration ID and a password.
- On the official site, candidates must log in using the registration ID and password which was obtained in the previous step.
- Now, the candidates must pay the application fee via the online mode using the debit/credit card or an e-challan via SBI Bank. The application fee is also given below.
For general category: Rs.200/-
For reserved/women candidates: Nil
- This must be followed by uploading of scanned copies of the photograph and signature of the candidates.
- Now the candidates can finally submit the application form.
CDS 2 2016 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of the CDS II 2016 Exam refers to the internal details of the question paper of the exam. The details regarding the question paper assets and the exam pattern have been depicted below.
Pattern for INA/IMA/AFA:
- There are total 3 papers put up for the posts of these academies.
- The first paper is English which is of 100 marks
- The second paper is general knowledge which is of 100 marks.
- The third paper is elementary mathematics which is of 100 marks.
- The total time allotted for these papers is 2 hours.
- The total marks for this paper are 300 marks.
Pattern for OTA:
- There are total 2 papers put up for the posts of these academies.
- The subjects are English and general knowledge.
- The total time duration is 2 hours.
- The total marks for this paper are 200 marks.
CDS 2 2016 Admit Card
The admit card for the CDS I 2016 Exam will be uploaded on the official site. It will be available for download a few days before the exam. The admit card is a very important document and it will be needed at the time of written exam. It also contains many important details about the exam. All the candidates must download the admit card and get it printed at the earliest.
CDS 2 2016 Exam Dates
|Online registration begins on||16 July 2016|
|Online registration ends on||12 August 2016|
|Date of exam||23 October 2016|
CDS 2 2016 Exam Result
The CDS II 2016 Exam result will be declared 2 months after the exam. The result will be posted on the official website where the candidates can view it. Candidates will be called for the SSB interview round on the basis of the result. The final merit list will be made through the result only. The date of the result will also be released soon.
CDS 2 Official Link:
Other Recruitment Exams in India
|SSC CGL Tier 1 2016||CG TET 2016|
|SSC CGL Tier 2 2016||HTET 2016|
|SSC CHSL 2016||HP TET 2016|
|SSC Constable GD 2016||KARTET 2016|
|SSC JE 2016||Kerala TET 2016|
|SSC Junior Hindi Translator 2016||Maharashtra TET 2016|
|SSC MTS 2016||Tamil Nadu TET 2016|
|SSC Stenographer 2016||UP TET 2016|
|IBPS Clerk 2016||WB SET 2016|
|IBPS PO 2016||Punjab TET 2016|
|IBPS SO 2016||OTET 2016|
|IBPS RRB 2016||UPSC IAS 2016|
|RBI Grade B Officer 2016||UPSC CAPF 2016|
|RBI Assistant 2016||UPSC IFS 2016|
|SBI SO 2016||IES/ ISS 2016|
|SBI PO 2016||NDA 2016|
|SBI Clerk 2016||CDS 1 2016|
|SBI Associate Banks 2016||CDS 2 2016|
|CBSE NET 2016||Combined Geo Scientist & Geologist 2016|
|CSIR UGC NET 2016||SCRA 2016|