Table of Content
CDS 1 2017 Exam i.e. the Combined Defence Services exam is hosted by the Union Public Service Commission for the recruitment of the eligible candidates for different posts. There are total 5 military academies participating in this recruitment process. Total 464 posts are to be filled on the basis of this examination. The exam shall be conducted on the 2nd week of February 2017 and the application process is already over. Read more about the CDS I 2017 Exam, eligibility conditions, application form procedure, exam pattern, result, admit card etc. from the content given below.
CDS 1 2017 Exam – About the Exam
The minor details about the CDS I 2017 Exam have been given as follows:
Name of the exam: CDS I 2017 Exam
Full form: Combined Defence Services Exam – I 2017
Conducting Authority: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
Level of Exam: National level
Posts and academies:
- Indian Military Academy: 200
- Air Force Academy: 32
- Officers Training Academy (SSC course-men): 175
- Indian Naval Academy: 45
- Officers Training Academy (SSC course-women): 5
CDS 1 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria of an exam are nothing but a set of rules and conditions that are set by the exam conducting authorities. These conditions must mandatorily be satisfied by the candidates who want to participate in the exam. The eligibility of the candidates is determined on the basis of these norms only. Before applying for the exam, the candidates must verify themselves against the conditions set by the authorities. The eligibility conditions for the CDS I 2017 Exam has been mentioned below.
- The candidate must be a resident of India/a subject of Bhutan/a subject of Nepal/Tibetan refugee.
- For IMA/OTA: The candidate must hold a graduation degree from a recognised university.
- For INA: The candidate must be having a graduation degree in any discipline of engineering from a recognised university.
- For AFA: The candidate must be holding a graduation degree with Physics and Mathematics till class 12.
- Candidates who shall be appearing in the final year of the graduation are also eligible to apply for CDS I 2016 Exam.
- For IMA: The candidates must be male and unmarried born after 2 January 1994 and before 1 January 1999.
- For INA: The candidates must be male and unmarried born after 2 January 1994 and before 1 January 1999.
- For AFA: The candidates must be aged between 20-24 years as on 1 January 2017.
- For OTA(Men): The candidates must be male born after 2nd January 1993 and before 1st January 1999.
- For OTA(Women): The candidates must be females and unmarried/widows/divorced born after 2nd January 1993 and before 1st January 1999.
CDS 1 2017 Application Form
For the candidates who want to take part in the recruitment process, they shall have to apply for the CDS I 2017 Exam. This can be done by filling the application from for the exam. The application form shall be available online on the official website of UPSC. The last date to apply for the exam would be in the first week of December 2017. The complete instruction to fill and submit the application form has been posted below.
- Candidates must go to the link given above.
- The application form will be loaded on the screen. This must be filled by the candidates with all the correct and valid details and a registration ID and password will be allotted to the candidate.
- After this, using the registration ID and password, candidates must log in on the official site.
- Then, the candidates must submit the application fee by the means of online payment. The application fee can be paid using credit/debit card or by submitting the e-challan at the SBI bank.
Application fee for general category: Rs.200
Application fee for reserved/women candidates: No fee
- After this, the scanned copies of the photograph and signature of the candidates are to be uploaded in the online form.
- Finally, the candidates must complete the submission of application form by submitting the form.
CDS 1 2017 Admit Card
The admit card for the CDS I 2017 Exam will be released a few days before the exam. The admit card is a crucial document that will be required at the time written exam. It will be uploaded at the official link from where the candidates can download it. It also depicts important information regarding the exam and exam venue/timings. Therefore, all the candidates must get the admit card printed on time and must carry it to the exam hall.
CDS 1 2017 Exam Dates
|Starting of Online registration||First week of November 2016|
|Ending of Online registration||First week of December 2016|
|Date of admit card availability||3rd week of January 2017|
|Date of exam||2nd week of February 2017|
|Date of result||April 2017|
CDS 1 2017 Exam Results
The result of the CDS 1 2017 Exam will also be released online in the month of May 2017. Candidates will be able to check the result by logging in using the registration id and password allotted to them. On the basis of the result of the exam, the candidates will be called for the SSB interview which shall decide the final selection of the candidate. This will be done when a merit list will be prepared on the basis of the result.
Link to apply for the exam:
Other Recruitment Exams in India
|SSC CGL Tier 1 2016||CG TET 2016|
|SSC CGL Tier 2 2016||HTET 2016|
|SSC CHSL 2016||HP TET 2016|
|SSC Constable GD 2016||KARTET 2016|
|SSC JE 2016||Kerala TET 2016|
|SSC Junior Hindi Translator 2016||Maharashtra TET 2016|
|SSC MTS 2016||Tamil Nadu TET 2016|
|SSC Stenographer 2016||UP TET 2016|
|IBPS Clerk 2016||WB SET 2016|
|IBPS PO 2016||Punjab TET 2016|
|IBPS SO 2016||OTET 2016|
|IBPS RRB 2016||UPSC IAS 2016|
|RBI Grade B Officer 2016||UPSC CAPF 2016|
|RBI Assistant 2016||UPSC IFS 2016|
|SBI SO 2016||IES/ ISS 2016|
|SBI PO 2016||NDA 2016|
|SBI Clerk 2016||CDS 1 2016|
|SBI Associate Banks 2016||CDS 2 2016|
|CBSE NET 2016||Combined Geo Scientist & Geologist 2016|
|CSIR UGC NET 2016||SCRA 2016|