CBSE NET 2017 shall be conducted on 5th November 2017. The NET i.e. the National Eligibility Test is conducted every year by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on behalf of the UGC.
It is one of the most important exams in India which is organized to select eligible candidates for the post of Assistant Professor in colleges and universities of India or the junior research fellowship or both.
The eligible candidates need to appear for a written test. All the candidates who cross the cut off marks of NET are declared at NET qualified.
Read more about the eligibility criteria, application process, exam pattern, admit card and result of CBSE NET 2017 from the sections given below.
CBSE NET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria are some of the mandatory norms of an exam which are required to be followed by the participating candidates.
These are set by the organizing authorities to select only the eligible candidates. Any of the candidates found not fulfilling these eligibility norms shall later be disqualified from the examination.
Therefore, candidates must take care that they check with the conditions and then apply for the exam. The eligibility conditions for the CBSE NET 2017 exam are given as follows.
- Candidates must be having a master’s degree from a recognized university.
- The general category candidates must have secured a minimum of 55% marks in the master’s degree in disciplines such as computer science or application, humanities, electronics and social sciences. The reserved category candidates must have secured 50% marks in total.
- Candidates who will be appearing in the final semester exams of their post-graduation can also apply for the CBSE NET 2017.
- The age limit of the candidates for the junior research fellowship programs is 28 years.
CBSE NET 2017 Application Form
The candidates who wish to take part in this exam will need to apply for the exam. This can be done by filling and submitting the completed application form.
The form must be submitted before the last date. Any applications received after the last date shall not be accepted under any conditions.
The application is to be filled and submitted online only. The complete procedure to submit the application form has been explained as follows.
- Initially, candidates need to open the official link of NET where the application form is to be filled. The link to reach the same has been given as follows.
- An application form shall open up. The candidates must fill the details asked in the form ensuring that all the details entered are correct in all respects.
- After verifying all the details, candidates can move forward to uploading the scanned documents of their photograph and signature in the specified formats.
- Final submission of the form can be done by submitting the application fee via online methods such as credit or debit card or e-challan.
Application fee (GEN): Rs.600
For OBC candidates: Rs.300
For SC/ST/PWD candidates: Rs.150
- After the application fee payment has been done, the candidates can click on the submit button and carry out the final submission of the application form.
CBSE NET 2017 Exam Pattern
By the exam pattern of an exam, we mean the internal details of the question paper. The types of questions put up in the paper, the number of questions asked, allotted time, the total marks of the paper etc. are some of the details that are depicted by the exam pattern.
The candidates who will be appearing for the written exam must know about the exam pattern beforehand. This is because it will help them in preparing better for the exam. The exam pattern for the CBSE NET 2017 has been given below.
- The NET written test will be held in a total of 3 papers.
- Only objective type of questions shall be asked in the 3 papers.
- The total marks of the paper-1 will be 100 marks.
- Total 60 questions shall be asked in the exam out of which 50 questions will be compulsory.
- The total time allotted for this paper will be 1 ¼ hours.
- The total marks of the paper-2 will be 100 marks.
- Total 50 questions will be asked in the paper out of which all are compulsory.
- The total time allotted for this paper will be 1 ¼ hours.
- The total marks of the paper-3 will be 150 marks.
- Total 75 questions will be asked out of which all questions are compulsory.
- The total time allotted for this paper will be 2 ½ hours.
CBSE NET 2017 Important Dates
|CBSE NET Notification will be available|
|Online application form starts|
|Last date to submit the form|
|Last date for fee submission|
|Corrections of application form||Updating soon|
|Admit Card Availability||Updating soon|
CBSE NET 2017 Admit Card
The admit card for the exam will be released a few days before the exam. The admit card for the exam will be released online on the official exam portal.
Candidates can obtain the admit card after entering their roll number and date of birth on the website. The candidates must note that they shall not be allowed inside the exam hall without the admit card.
The admit card must be downloaded by the candidates and must be printed before the exam date. The date of release of admit card shall also be available here soon.
CBSE NET 2017 Result
The CBSE NET 2017 results shall also be released after a few months of the exam. the result will also be disclosed online on the official link of NET.
According to the performance of the candidates in the written exam, a cut-off score will be announced. To be NET-qualified, candidates will have to cross this cutoff score.
This will be released by the organizing authority. Candidates will also be able to check the date of release of result along with the link to reach the result page here.
Link to apply for NET:
Other Recruitment Exams in India
|SSC CGL Tier 1 2018||CG TET 2018|
|SSC CGL Tier 2 2018||HTET 2018|
|SSC CHSL 2018||HP TET 2018|
|SSC Constable GD 2018||KARTET 2018|
|SSC JE 2018||Kerala TET 2018|
|SSC Junior Hindi Translator 2018||Maharashtra TET 2018|
|SSC MTS 2018||Tamil Nadu TET 2018|
|SSC Stenographer 2018||UP TET 2018|
|IBPS Clerk 2018||WB SET 2018|
|IBPS PO 2018||Punjab TET 2018|
|IBPS SO 2018||OTET 2018|
|IBPS RRB 2018||UPSC IAS 2018|
|RBI Grade B Officer 2018||UPSC CAPF 2018|
|RBI Assistant 2018||UPSC IFS 2018|
|SBI SO 2018||IES/ ISS 2018|
|SBI PO 2018||NDA 2018|
|SBI Clerk 2018||CDS 1 2018|
|SBI Associate Banks 2018||CDS 2 2018|
|CBSE NET 2018||Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist 2018|
|CSIR UGC NET 2018||SCRA 2018|