The process of CAT 2017 has begun under the authority of IIM Lucknow on 9th August of 2017. The CAT examination is being conducted every by the authority of IIMS on a rotational basis. All the applicants who are interested in appearing can appear for the CAT 2017. The notification of CAT 2017 was released by IIM Lucknow on 29th July of 2017. It is expected that the CAT 2017 examination will be conducted on 26th November of 2017. The CAT 2017 examination will be commenced in two sessions. All the information regarding CAT 2017 such as registration, eligibility criteria, registration, application process, important dates, exam pattern, admit card, result, cut off, and participating institutes.
CAT 2017 – At a Glance
IIM Lucknow will conduct CAT 2017 exam. The details regarding CAT 2017 such as official name, authority, type, period, time, date and so on has provided in a below table. Take a look at the following table to know about CAT 2017 at a glance.
|Name of the Examination.||Common Admission Test (CAT) 2017.|
|Purpose of the Test.||Qualifying test for admission to 20 IIMs and 100+ B-schools.|
|Authority of Commencement.||Indian Institute of Management Lucknow (IIM Lucknow).|
|Exam Level.||National Level.|
|Score or Grade Validity.||1 Year.|
|Annual Number of Test Takers.||195000 as of 2016.|
|The Pattern of Test.||MCQs and Non-MCQs.|
|Number of Questions.||100 Questions|
|Test Duration.||3:00 Hours.|
|Negative Marking.||Yes (1 mark for each wrong answer).|
|Syllabus.||Questions are asked from VRC, QA, and DI & LR.|
|Mode of Examination.||Computer-based test (Online mode).|
|CAT 2017 Convenor.||Professor Neeraj Dwivedi.|
|Application Fees.||Rupees 1800 for General/ NC-OBC Category and Rupees 900 for SC/ ST/ PWD/ DA Category.|
|Seat Reservation for IIMs and B-schools.||As per the regulations of Government of India.|
CAT 2017 – Courses Offered
The following detailed list shows the courses offered through CAT 2018. All the applicants who are going to appear in and getting a good score in CAT 2017 may apply for any of the following courses. Take a look at the following table to know further on that which all the courses are offered through CAT 2017.
|IIM, Ahmedabad.||PGP, PGP-FABM, ePGP.|
|IIM, Bangalore.||PGP, PGPEM, PGPPM.|
|IIM, Indore.||PGP (Indore, Mumbai), EPGP, PGP-HRM.|
|IIM, Lucknow.||PGP, PGP-ABM, PGP-SM.|
|IIM, Trichy.||PGP, PGPBM.|
|IIM, Raipur.||PGP, PGPWE.|
|IIM, Ranchi.||PGDM, PGDHRM.|
|IIM, Rohtak.||PGP, EPGP, EPGPX.|
|RGIIM, Shillong.||PGP, PGPEX.|
|IIM, Bodh Gaya.||PGP.|
|IIM, Kashipur.||PGP, EPGP.|
CAT 2017 – Important Dates
The following table shows the most important dates regarding CAT 2017. All the applicants who are going to appear in CAT 2017 are advised to look at the following important dates to know better on the most important date details regarding CAT 2017.
|CAT 2017 Notification||29th July of 2017.|
|CAT 2017 Application Commencement||9th August of 2017.|
|CAT 2017 Last Date to Apply.||20th September of 2017 (Till 5:00 PM).|
|CAT 2017 Admit Card.||18th October of 2017 (1:00 PM Onwards).|
|CAT 2017 Tutorial.||18th October of 2017.|
|CAT 2017 Exam.||26th November of 2017.|
|CAT 2017 Result.||2nd January of 2018.|
CAT Application Form 2017
After you have read through the eligibility criteria and deciding you’re eligible whats the next step to take? No, it’s not thinking about it! You can now to fill the CAT Registration Form 2017. You can successfully do so by following the enlisted steps!
- Candidate will first have to register online at the CAT’s official website which is www.iimcat.ac.in with a registration fee of Rs. 1600 (General/NC-OBC) and Rs. 800 (SC/ST/PWD-DA) and then fill the form with valid details.
- The form is incomplete without the registration fees which can be paid online either through net banking including credit card & debit card.
- Unfortunately, this year, one does not have the option to choose their preferred time.
- You will have to show your original certificate, mark sheets and submit photocopies to prove your eligibility before the interview. If selected, the same needs to be submitted along with your photocopies for verification at the time of joining the program.
- The Application fee is Rs. 1700/- for General / NC-OBC candidates and Rs.850/- for SC/ST /PWD candidates.
- The payment of application fee can be done through debit/credit card & net banking.
|Payment Mode||Transaction Processing Fees|
|Credit Card (Visa/Master)||1.20% of the value of the transaction.|
|Credit Card (Amex/Diners Club)||2.85% of the value of the transaction.|
|Debit Card (Visa/Master/Rupay)||0.75% of the value of the transaction for an amount up to Rs.2000.00.|
|Debit Card (Visa/Master/Rupay)||1.00% of the value of the transaction for an amount more than Rs.2000.00.|
|Net Banking||Rs.20.00 per transaction.|
|Cash Card & Wallet||1.75% of the value of the transaction.|
CAT Admit Card Download Process
- The CAT Admit Card 2017 will be provided to the candidates on the CAT official website through Online mode.
- The Candidates passing in the CAT Examination will be able to download the Admit Card Online by entering their ID and Password.
- The admit card contains details like Name of the candidate, Test date, User ID / Registration Number, etc.
- Applicants have to bring along the admit card at the examination centre.
CAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria
It’s good to know beforehand if you can give the exam as per the rules so here we have mentioned the CAT Eligibility Criteria. Do read carefully before applying to avoid any misunderstandings.
- The candidate must have a graduate degree with 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of SC/ST/DA/PWD) or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- Candidates who are in their final year of bachelor’s degree or who have completed the degree and those who are waiting for their results can also apply. (Candidate if selected needs to submit a certificate latest by 30th June 2015 from the Principal/ Registrar of College/ Institute stating that the candidate has completed all the requirements for obtaining the bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate.)
Reservations – Like most other examinations this too has a certain amount of reservations so let’s have a look at them! 15% seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste, 7.5% for Schedule Tribes, 27% for OBCs (Other backward classes) & 3% for differently able.
Test Pattern & Duration – Out of 100 questions, 50% are assigned to Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation & 50 questions are assigned for Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning so better brush up on them!
CAT 2017 Syllabus
It’s always good to be prepared and what better way to do so than checking out the syllabus! So here goes:
The Quantitative Aptitude section comprises of fundamental maths, based on 10 + 2 difficulty level. Questions are asked from various subjects such as Geometry, Algebra, Commercial Mathematics (Word Problems) & Arithmetic. The questions are essential to solving real-time problems with application of mathematics.
The Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning section comprise of questions basis given data in the form of graphs charts, tables & paragraphs to test your understanding of data & ability to solve problems accurately. Logical reasoning will test your ability to rationalize & evaluate problems.
The Verbal Ability section tests your ability to comprehend and also test the usage of Standard English grammar. Verbal Logic section tests your understanding of arranging paragraphs in a logical order, determining the type of statements, completing the paragraphs in an appropriate way.
Allocation of marks:
It has been observed that every correct answer gains 4 marks & every wrong answer carries one negative mark so be wise!
Cut-offs for each section
You will have to secure a minimum score in each section to qualify for that section and for CAT 2017 as well. Sectional cut-offs mostly depend on the performance of other candidates who appear for the exam in that year. You will have to secure a minimum total cut off for the entire paper to earn GD/PI calls from IIMs.
Only those of you who manage to secure the sectional cut-offs & the overall cut-offs in the written test are called for a Group Discussion & Personal Interviews by the IIMs. You crack the GD / PI and you enter the prestigious IIM…so the message is clear..Buck up!
CAT 2017 Exam Pattern
The CAT 2017 Exam pattern:-
|Exam Duration||180 minutes|
|Type of Question||Multiple choices and Subjective|
|No. of Question||100 questions|
|Marking Scheme||3 Marks per correct Answer|
|Negative Marking||1 mark Deduction(MCQ only)|
How to Prepare for CAT MBA 2017?
- Collect relevant study material as per Syllabus
- Timetable management will help in scheduling time for various subjects.
- Practice Mock Test and Previous year question papers, it will help to know your preparations for examination.
- Be stress-free and take care of your health.
Work hard & good Luck!!
List of Other MBA Exams 2018