CAT 2017 Application Form will be released by its official conducting authority in the 1st week of August 2017. The Common Admission Test (CAT) is a computer based test that is held in India and is conducted by the 6 IIMs as a national level entrance test in selecting students for their business administration program at the master’s level.It scores a person on the bases of parameters such as quantitative ability, data interpretation, verbal ability and logical reasoning. Apart from IIMS other institutes as B-schools such as SP Jain, MICA, TA Pai and much more also is influenced by the CAT scores and is approved by the top 50 B-schools all over India.
It scores a person on the basis of parameters such as quantitative ability, data interpretation, verbal ability and logical reasoning. Apart from IIMS other institutes as B-schools such as SP Jain, MICA, TA Pai and much more also is influenced by the CAT scores and is approved by the top 50 B-schools all over India.
CAT 2017 Application Form Required Documents
All the candidates are requested to keep the following documents ready before applying for the CAT 2017
- Class 10th mark sheet, Class 12th mark sheet, Bachelor’s Degree and or higher education
- Applicable certificates to upload
- Passport size photograph and signatures both in scanned copy (The photo should not be more than six months old and should have a white background)
- List of IIM programmes to apply for
CAT 2017 Application Form Filling Steps
To help you complete the CAT 2017 Application Form better I will be breaking it down into steps.
- The registration process is divided into 3 steps namely A. getting registered B. logging into the website and C. filling the form.
- To register for CAT log into iimcat.ac.in
- Click the register now button to start the CAT 2017 registration process.
- Before filling the form do read the instructions carefully. In order to receive your used id, you require to fill in the fields like name, date of birth and email id.do ensure to confirm your email id as it will be used for the communication of important information by CAT centre.
- Next, if you are a resident of India select India and if not select the other option. If you select India you will have to next enter your 10 digits mobile number and confirm it as it will be used for communication purposes. If you select others please prefix the country code.
- Next, you need to enter the coloured text known as captcha into the box and under the below declaration section select I agree checkbox. Click the submit button after entering all the required fields.
- After submitting your user id will be sent to your email address and your password will be sent to your mobile number. If your receive both click on OK to continue.
- To print, the registration details click on the print form button.
- Your registration will be complete once you receive your id and password.
- You need your id and password to login to your account. Once the login is complete you can proceed to fill the form.
- You need to carefully go through the instructions before filling the form. The form is divided into 5 sections namely personal details, academics, work experience, programmes and payment. You need to fill in your details in all 5 sections to complete the process.
- In the personal details section, you need to fill in the details such as fathers name, mothers name and gender, category, valid address, city state, pin code. You will also need to upload scanned copies of documents (as applicable) such as passport sized picture, category certificate etc. After all, details have been correctly entered click save and continue and proceed.
- You need to now complete your academics section in which you will have to provide details such as 10th, 12th, graduation or masters degree as applicable. After you have filled your details click save and continue to proceed.
- In the work experience section, you have to enter your working area and work experience till the date provided in the note box. After filling the details click save and continue to proceed.
- In the programmes section, you need to specify the programmes you wish and also mention the corresponding interview city for each programme. You can also apply for the postgraduate programme in the proposed 6 IIMS. Select the preference of cities where you wish to give the exam. Click the save and continue to proceed with the payment details.
- Before proceeding with the payment do read the additional charges details, select your mode of payment, type the captcha in the box, go through the declaration and select the I agree on the check box.
- Click the submit and pay button to complete the cat 2017 application process.
- You will be directed to the bill desk payment gateway where you can pay via credit card, internet banking or debit card.after a successful payment transaction, you will be redirected to your application summary with your payment transaction number.
- You will also receive a confirmation email with your details
CAT 2017 Application Fee
|General and OBC-NC||Rs. 1700|
|Schedule Caste (SC), Schedule Tribe (ST) and PWD||Rs. 850|
Youtube Link – https://youtu.be/UacpW2ZWtak