CAT 2018 – Common Admission Test is a national level examination conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) on a rotational basis. The CAT examination is organised for providing admission in postgraduate management programmes (MBA).
Candidates have to qualify the CAT examination for admission into IIMs and various other reputed colleges. Complete Information about CAT 2018 including the Exam Dates, Application form, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, etc is provided below.
CAT 2018 Exam Dates
The following are the Important Dates of CAT 2018:
|Commencement of Online Registration||2nd week of August 2018|
|Last Date for Registration||Last week of September 2018|
|Issue of Admit Card||4th week of October 2018|
|Date of Examination||1st week of December 2018|
|Announcement of Result||2nd week of January 2019|
CAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The Candidates should check the CAT Eligibility Criteria 2018 which is provided below:
- The Candidate appearing for the examination should be a citizen of India.
- The candidate wanting to appear in CAT examination should have a bachelor’s degree in any stream from recognised University.
- Candidate should have hold of a graduation and HSC degree in any stream from a recognised University/Institute.
- Aspirants who are currently appearing for the qualifying examination are also eligible for CAT 2018.
- The marks required by the candidate should be minimum 50% in the qualifying degree and for reserved category (SC/ST/Physically Disabled) requirement of marks is 45%.
CAT 2018 Registration
- The Registration for CAT 2018 is via Online mode through the official website.
- The CAT Application Form 2018 will tentatively release from the second week of August 2018.
- Candidates need to visit the official website for registration.
- Enter your registration details like Name, Mobile Number, Emai ID, etc and register yourself.
- A Message will be sent on the registered Mobile Number which contains User ID and Password for registration.
- Candidates are required to visit the site and login for filling the application form.
- For filling the Application form candidates are required to input their details like personal, programmes, academic& other relevant details.
- Scanned Images, Photograph, signature & other required documents are to be uploaded while filling the application form.
- After filling the application form candidates are required to pay the application fee through online mode only.
- The candidate should take a printout of the application form for further use.
- The Application fee is Rs. 1700/- for General / NC-OBC candidates and Rs.850/- for SC/ST /PWD candidates.
- The payment of application fee can be done through debit/credit card & net banking.
- The additional charges while paying application fees are mentioned below:
|Payment Mode||Transaction Processing Fees|
|Credit Card (Visa/Master)||1.20% of the value of the transaction.|
|Credit Card (Amex/Diners Club)||2.85% of the value of the transaction.|
|Debit Card (Visa/Master/Rupay)||0.75% of the value of the transaction for an amount up to Rs.2000.00.|
|Debit Card (Visa/Master/Rupay)||1.00% of the value of the transaction for an amount more than Rs.2000.00.|
|Net Banking||Rs.20.00 per transaction.|
|Cash Card & Wallet||1.75% of the value of the transaction.|
CAT 2018 Exam Pattern
|Exam Duration||180 minutes|
|Type of Question||Multiple choices and Subjective|
|No. of Question||100 questions|
|Marking Scheme||3 Marks per correct Answer|
|Negative Marking||1 mark Deduction(MCQ only)|
The table below shows details about Subjects and marks allotment:
|Section||No. of Question||Duration||Total Marks|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||34||60 Min||102|
|Quantitative Ability||34||60 Min||102|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||32||60 Min||96|
CAT 2018 Syllabus
- CAT Syllabus is not any such fixed for CAT examination.
- The CAT Syllabus has four sections, i.e. Data Interpretation or Mathematics, Quantitative Ability Verbal Ability & English and Logical Reasoning.
- Questions for CAT Examination will be asked from the above-mentioned topics.
CAT 2018 Admit Card
- The CAT Admit Card 2018 will be provided to the candidates on the CAT official website through Online mode.
- The Candidates passing in the CAT Examination will be able to download the Admit Card Online by entering their ID and Password.
- The admit card contains details like Name of the candidate, Test date, User ID / Registration Number, etc.
- Applicants have to bring along the admit card at the examination centre.
How to Prepare for CAT 2018
- Firstly, students are advised to collect relevant study material as per Syllabus for starting the preparation.
- A proper timetable management is required for scheduling time for various subjects.
- Practice Mock Test and Previous year question papers, it will help to know your preparations for examination.
- Be stress-free and take care of your health.
CAT 2018 Answer Key
- The CAT Answer Key 2018 will be published soon after the examination is over.
- The answer key contains the correct answers to the questions asked in the examination.
- Candidates can download the Answer Key online through the official website.
CAT 2018 Result
The CAT Result 2018 will be declared tentatively in the second week of January 2019. The results will be declared Online on the official CAT website and candidates may also get intimation for results.Candidates should take a printout of their Results for further use.
CAT 2018 Cut-Off
CAT Cut Off marks 2018 is the factor which will decide whether a candidate is qualified in the examination or not. The cut off marks depend upon a number of factors like a number of students, seat availability, exam difficulty, etc. The Cut-off marks will be published separately for various categories like ST/NC-OBC and DA/PWD.
CAT 2018 Admission
The CAT Counselling 2018 will start after the results are declared. Every IIM institutes have their own procedures & eligibility for providing admissions to candidates. Admission process will be based on the cut-off released by the IIMs. For admission in IIMs, candidates have to crack various Interview rounds like Personal Interview (PI), Group Discussion (GD) and Written Ability Test (WAT). Candidates will be selected as per the candidate’s performance in the CAT exam & Interview organised by IIMs.
Stay tuned for further updates and drop down a comment below for any queries regarding CAT 2018.
We hope that all the informtion given about CAT 2018 on this page will help you as you needed. Stay in touch with us for more infromation regarding the same as well as to get more infromation on other more institutional examinations.
Best of luck!