The Common Admission Test (CAT) 2016, which is organised for entrance into the top B-schools of the country, is planned to be conducted on December 4. For the final-minute targeted CAT preparation, organize these 10 topics- categorised by section.
The Common Admission Test (CAT) 2016 which is conducted for entry into the top B-schools of the country is planned to be held on December 4.
- Apply for B.Tech Admission in Mahindra Ecole Centrale. Click Here
- Apply for B.Tech Admission in BML Munjal University. Click Here
- Tests reading and analysis skills, somewhat than vocabulary. Questions are extra inferential than realistic. Make out a summary, arguments,tone,central idea, title for each passage you practise
- Focus on current issues like socio-cultural, politics, environment, economics than old favourites like literature, arts, sociology and philosophy
- Very tricky as sentence sequences are missing from options. Hence, candidates must directly identify the correct sequence instead of eliminating options
- One alternative is where one of the 4-5 jumbled sentences doesn’t fit the logical sequence. Here, recognize the correct sequence and then eliminate the odd sentence
- Paragraph Completion – complete the passage
- Paragraph Summary – identify the most appropriate and concise summary
- MCQ questions, asked as numerical entry questions. Similar to RCs in terms of practice
- Advanced graphs , line, case lets, Covers tables, bar and pie
- Sets tend to be logical and theoretical, rather than calculation oriented. Focus on selecting and completely solving the right set
- Focus on concept clarity and variety in practice
- Concept-driven. Covers tabular, caselet-based or chart-based sets
- Covers circular, rectangular, square, linear, multiple row/column, complex or combination
- Tedious but ensures full marks, if solved correctly
As per the official notification, IIMs will organise the CAT examination in 2 sessions for admission into different management programmes. The candidates will be selected based on written ability test (WAT), group discussion (GD) followed by personal interviews (PI) round.
For the last-minute targeted CAT preparation, certainly prepare these 10 topics- categorised by sections.
Note: NE-numerical entry questions and MCQ – multiple choice questions
Reading Comprehension: (4-5 sets – MCQ)
Jumbled Sentences: (3-5 questions – NE)
Paragraph Completion and Summary (2-3 questions – NE)
Quantitative Aptitude: (All topics – MCQ + NE)
Involve lot of formulae and properties. Create notes on each formula, applicability and conditions of use. Focus on elegant solutions using value substitution, answer elimination etc rather than practising in bulk. Each question may need a new approach.
Comprises concepts from co-ordinate geometry, triangles, circles and quadrilaterals.
Concept and formula-driven chapter but application oriented questions. Identify related concept(s) and solve each question.
Less weightage but concepts critical for later QA chapters and DI section. Master this before starting DI or other QA chapters.
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning 🙁 All topics – MCQ + NE)
Tables and Graphs (4 sets)
Venn Diagrams (0-1 sets)
Arrangements (1-2 sets)
Numerical Logic(1-2 sets)
Mathematical puzzles asked as DI/LR sets. Involve application of mathematical concepts and logic. Can give full marks but need a lot of practice.