Here’s how you can learn academic English, which can be used at a university, workplace, immigration exam, in free.
Students who are scheduling to study aboard and are facing a financial crisis can apply for a free curse at Cambridge. Yes, Cambridge University has come up with a great replica to help students augment their Knowledge about the IELTS (International English Language Testing System). Even if you aren’t preparing for going out of country, students can take this course to treat your academic English. Candidates use academic English, which is a formal style of writing the language as well as your work place.
Those who want to know the difference between academic and general English, they can also join the course and the English experts from Cambridge will confirm this statement further. Here is the link: https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/cambridge-english-ielts
What is Inside IELTS?
- ‘Inside IELTS’ is a programme initiated by Cambridge English Language Assessment
- This five-week course has been bifurcated into four sections of the test and a round-up:
- It has world-class faculty, who actually reply to queries and give genuine feedback to the students
The esteemed facility includes:
- Anthony Cosgrove, Cambridge English Consultant
- Jill Cosh, Cambridge English Consultant
- Gad Lim, Lead Educator
- Sharon Ashton, Cambridge English Consultant
What will you know at the course?
- This free online course is created by Cambridge English Language Assessment (part of the University of Cambridge), which holds the IELTS test. IELTS is in cooperation owned by the British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge English Language Assessment
- You need to have many opportunities to interrelate with experts and with other learners from around the world
- You might have the chance to try authentic IELTS practice tasks and learn exactly what skills they’re testing and how they’re marked
- You will be learning how to learn, for the IELTS test and beyond
- You will get a clearer idea of what and how to study, both to organize for the test and to increase your academic English skills
By the end of the course, you will:
- Understand how IELTS writing and speaking are assessed, and have an opportunity to share your own writing and speaking skills with experts and other learners
- Know more about the unusual listening, reading, writing and speaking tasks in the test and how to do your best in these test
- Understand your own strengths and requirements so that you can get a better IELTS band score and improve your English
- See how English is used at universities, and how this is associated to the IELTS test
- Be able to prepare for the IELTS test in a way that will benefit you beyond the exam
- This course is for everyone who wants to get better in their IELTS score. It is particularly useful for people who want to take IELTS Academic and go to university
- Academic has tried to use simple English in the course as much as possible, but we suggest your English is at least level B1 (around IELTS band 4.5 or higher) to take the course
- The course is intended at people preparing for IELTS Academic. If you are prepared for IELTS General Training, you might find that some of this course is useful for you, but not all. Of course, you are welcome to join. Speaking and Listening are the same in Academic and General Training, but Reading and Writing are different
- You have to stay connected with learners from across the world, sharing their answers opinions on the page
- You can also connect with many learners and practice speaking on Skype
- It is difficult to match the pace of these course, hence students leaf through the course in haste, and it is useless to gain incomplete information
- IELTS tests the way one expresses English language, which should come naturally and not superficial
Duration of the course:
|Start date||12th September|
|End date||16th October|
Although the course has been started, so yet the students those who are interested can join it anytime soon as the structure is flexible.