Calicut University has published the official notification regarding admission for 2 year B. Ed program of the same university. The B. Ed program of the Calicut University will be offered at various Government Colleges/ Aided Colleges/ University Teacher Education Centres/ and Unaided Colleges affiliated to the University of Calicut. Important details regarding Calicut University B. Ed Admission 2017 such as application form, selection criteria, eligibility, important dates, and fee structure has given below.
Calicut University B. Ed Admission 2017 – Detailed Information
Candidates who all are seeking for admission for B. Ed program (Candidates from every category such as General Merit Category/ Reservation Category/ Teachers Quota Category/ Sports Category/ PwD Category/ Kashmir Student Category/ Linguistic Minority Category/ Community Quota Category/ Management Quota Category) must compulsorily register on CAP (Centralized Admission Process). Aspirants who have not registered for CAP will not be allowed to take admission at any stage of the admission process under any circumstances.
Calicut University B. Ed Admission 2017 – Scheduled Dates
- Apply for B.Tech Admission in Mahindra Ecole Centrale. Click Here
- Apply for B.Tech Admission in BML Munjal University. Click Here
- Candidates who have completed who have completed their graduation (B. A/ B. Sc) with % of marks and candidates who have completed their Master’s Degree in the same subject with 50% of marks will be eligible for B. Ed program of Calicut University.
- Candidates who have qualified B. E/ B. Tech with 55% including science and mathematics as major will be eligible for the admission in B. Ed program of Calicut University.
- For candidates who have qualified degree from any Universities outside Kerala must need to submit the Equivalency Certificate which is issued by Calicut University, as because the education system in Kerala in much more developed and difficult than any other state in India. University will surely ask for this certificate at the time of admission to the course.
- Candidates who have qualified the double main or triple main degree in vocational or in specialised courses are eligible for admission. These candidates also need to submit the Equivalency Certificate whether they have qualified it from Kerala also.
- Candidates who have qualified double main BA are also eligible to apply for B. Ed program of Calicut University.
- Candidates must satisfy academic eligibility as on the last date for submission of online application.
- Candidates need to score a minimum of 50% of marks in Part I + II + III together and 50% minimum for Part III alone in their Bachelor’s Degree (Arts or Science whichever it is). It will be same for Post-Graduation also. (As for the academic structure the Kerala Education Board is very strict there won’t be any rounding off to 50%, which mean if any candidates think that they can apply for this course if they got 49.9% of minimum qualification. There won’t be any rounding off).
- Candidates who belong to Lakshadweep native candidates, SC/ ST category candidates, and Teachers Quota candidate need to score only a pass mark in qualifying examination to be eligible for admission to B. Ed program in Calicut University.
- For the candidates from OBC, SEBC, and OEC category, there will be a relaxation of 5 % of marks in minimum required marks.
- There will be a concession for blind candidates in aggregate marks which will be 5%.
- Candidates will be getting selected on the basis of marks/ grade obtained by them in their degree examination in aggregate and in Part III. The obtained score will be converted into 1000. Here commerce/ computer science optional, and score of post graduate examination will be considered. There will be a reduction of 1% of marks for each repeated attempt.
- There will be special weightage for post-graduation on the subject concerned. Which will be as follows; for first class – 5, second class – 3, third class – 1 (this will not be applicable for commerce and computer science optional). There will be no weightage given for post-graduate qualification if the subject is other than the optional chosen for B. Ed program. There will be a 5 mark weightage for the candidates who qualified degree and post-graduation (for commerce and computer science only). Candidates who are from the judiciary area of Calicut University will be given a 15 mark weightage in their degree examination concerned. For this weightage, these candidates need to produce the Nativity Certificate from village officer/ tahsildar.
- Candidates who all are applying for general quota having any teaching experience in any Government/ aided schools will be given a weightage of 0.1 scores for every completed month (this will be subject to maximum 5 points). The total approved service of the candidate as a teacher also will be considered in ranking. Approved service means the total full-time teaching experience of the candidate in any government/ aided school in Kerala state. The experience certificate must be signed and examined by the Head of the Institute and it should be countersigned by AEO/ DEO/ RDD in the case under section 13(A) of HSST Form IV of KER.
- All the candidates who have undergone the NCC training with a minimum of 75% attendance as stipulated in G. O. No. 673/ 04/ H. Edn. Dt. 15/04/94 will be granted with additional of 5 marks. This marks will be added to the aggregate marks obtained by the candidate in the qualifying examination (degree or post-graduate). NSS candidates who have worked in the illiteracy eradication program will be granted with an addition of 5 marks for the admission of B. Ed course.
- Candidates having double/ triple main degrees will be getting admission on the basis of the total of all main subjects and the weightage for post-graduation will be given on the subject which is applicant choose as optional.
The following is the scheduled dates for Calicut University B. Ed Admission 2017. Candidates can get to know more about Calicut University B. Ed Admission 2017. Take a look at this.
|Commencement of Online Registration.||29th May of 2017.|
|Last Date to Register Online.||15th June of 2017.|
|Forwarding of Rank List of Registered Students Under General Category and Community Quota to the Colleges.||21st June of 2017.|
|Publication of Rank List by the Colleges||22 Jun 2017|
|Admission by the Colleges||27th to 29th June of 2017.|
|Uploading the Admitted Students to the Admitted Link by the colleges||30th June of 2017.|
|Commencement of Classes||03rd July of 2017.|
|Uploading Students Admitted after 29th June of 2017 to the Admitted Link||31st July of 2017 to 02nd August of 2017.|
|Closing Date of Admission||02 Aug 2017|
Calicut University B. Ed Admission 2017 – Allotment
There will be no online allotment done by University for B. Ed program. For the allotment, the University will forward the rank list of candidates who have registered online to the Colleges/ University Centres. The admission process will be conducted by these Colleges and University Centres as per the schedule which is published by the University. Candidate/ Representative of Candidate must be present at the prescribed college on the date of admission to take the admission.
Calicut University B. Ed Admission 2017 – Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for admission for B. Ed course of Calicut University has divided into main 3 parts those are; Eligibility Based on Nativity, Eligibility Based on Academic Qualification, Eligibility Based on Age Limit. We have given all the details about these 3 below. Take a look at this to know more about Calicut University B. Ed Admission 2017 – Eligibility Criteria.
Calicut University B. Ed Admission 2017 – Eligibility Criteria on Nativity
According to the nativity criteria of eligibility, the admission to B. Ed program allotted only for Keralites but non-Keralite candidates also can be admitted for this course. For non-Keralite candidates, they can be admitted for this course to a maximum of 10% of the management quota seats in private self-financing colleges.
Calicut University B. Ed Admission 2017 – Eligibility Criteria on Academic Qualification
The following points are the main criteria for academic qualification to be eligible for Calicut University B. Ed admission. Take a look at this.
Eligibility Criteria on Academic Qualification – Required Minimum Marks for Admission
Eligibility Criteria on Academic Qualification – Relaxation in Marks
(NB: Candidates must clarify that they are physically fit and mentally sound. Deaf/ Dumb candidates are not eligible for this examination. Blind candidates are eligible for this examination.
Calicut University B. Ed Admission 2017 – Eligibility Criteria on Age Limit
According to the age limit criteria, there is no upper age limit to get an admission for B. Ed program of Calicut University.
Calicut University B. Ed Admission 2017 – University Teacher Education Centre Selection Criteria
The following detail is the selection method/ selection criteria of University Teacher Education Centres for the admission of Calicut University B. Ed Admission. Take a look at this.
Calicut University B. Ed Admission 2017 – Tie Resolving in University Teacher Education Centre Selection
To resolve a tie on the admission of students for University Teacher Education Centre will be as follows. If any students have obtained same index marks/ points they will go for resolving the tie. At first stage it will be based on age (elder candidate will get the higher preference) then also if the tie is not resolved (candidates date of birth are same) they will go for the second stage. In second stage it will be based on alphabetical order (whose name will come first according to alphabetical order, the same candidate will be getting the higher preference). This method came in work under order U. O. No. GA1/ A2/ 7226/ 2000 which is declared on 04/05/2001.
We hope that all the information given on this page about Calicut University B. Ed Admission 2017 will help you as you needed. Stay in touch with us for more information regarding the same as well as to get more information on other more institutional examinations.
Best of luck!