Xavier’s BMS 2019– St Xavier’s College in Mumbai is responsible for giving the admission to the candidates in BMS or Bachelor in Management Studies programme which is the 3-year programme and the candidates need to clear the Xavier’s BMS 2019 entrance test and other rounds to get the admission. All the admissions in St Xavier’s College that come under the courses of UG or PG are only for one year and for the further period, these are supposed to be renewed under some circumstances. The admission will not be allowed to get renewed if the candidates had attempted this examination and got unsuccessful or if they have the record of complaints related to indiscipline against them. This article is all about the events and related schedule of this exam, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus of the exam, admit card issuance, result announcement, and the final selection process. The candidates are advised to read the content with utmost attention as the information given here is quite important and every aspirant should know that.
|Start Date for Application form||First week of May 2019|
|End date for Application form||Last week of May 2019|
|BMS Entrance exam 2019||First week of June 2019|
|Result for BMS Entrance exam 2019||Second week of June 2019|
|Personal Interviews||Third week of June 2019|
|Announcement of final Results||Fourth week of June 2019|
The candidates who are interested in doing BMS programmes from Xavier’s college will have to fill the application form online by visiting the web portal of Xavier’s college. The registration procedure for this entrance exam will start from the third week of April and will go till last week of May 2019.
How to fill the application form and submit?
- Go to the official web portal of the college and access the page of application form by first creating your account there. The login credentials will be obtained that the candidates need to remember for further processes online.
- Mention the important information in the given spaces that are marked as mandatory and never leave the column empty else the form will not be accepted.
- Once the applicants will fill the complete form, they need to make the payment of the application fee online through debit card, credit card or internet banking.
- The amount of the application fee for general candidates will be Rs 1000 and for SC and ST candidates, it will be Rs 500 only.
- After the payment of the application fee is accepted by the authority online, the applicants will get the confirmation on the registered email id.
Documents required at the examination center
The candidates are supposed to bring some important documents on the day of examination else they will not be allowed to appear for the exam:
- Admit Card
- 1 attested copy of Class XII Marksheet
- 1 attested copy of Baptism Certificate (if applied)
- 1 attested copy of Caste Certificate (if applied)
The applicants should be aware of the fact that the details in application form must be filled properly without any mistake. Those who do not complete the form correctly will not be accepted by the authority. Also, the applicants are suggested to submit the form and finish the process of registration within the given time.
Xavier’s BMS Exam Eligibility criteria 2019
Before applying for the Xavier’s BMS exam 2019, the applicants should first see and learn about the terms and conditions to appear in this exam as directed by the conducting authority. These are mentioned as under:
- The date of birth of the applicant should fall on or after the 1st June 1996 must be born on or after June 1, 1995 ( for the academic year of 2019)
- The candidates who come under the category of SC and ST and those who are from the community of Catholic with the date of birth on or after 1st June 1993 are permitted to appear in the entrance test.
- The applicants need to have cleared the exam of class 12th or some other equivalent course in the year of 2019 and should have the total score of 65% in aggregate from the reputed college or university.
- The candidates who belong to the minority category have a minimum cutoff of 60%.
- For the category of Sc and ST, the minimum cutoff will be 55%.
Xavier’s BMS Entrance Exam Process 2019
The complete process for Xavier’s BMS 2019 right from the application to the result and admission is mentioned below step by step
1. Complete the registration process
The candidates who are aspiring to apply for this exam will have to complete the registration or fill the application form within the given time limit. The application will be submitted through online mode. As far as the application fee is concerned, the candidates who belong to the general category will have to pay the amount of Rs 1000 while those who are from Sc and ST categories need to be the fee amount of Rs 500. The online payment modes could be a debit card or credit card or net banking.
- Get the admit card for the exam
Once the candidates will pay the fee for the registration, they will get the confirmation for the same on the registered email id. The applicants can easily download the admit card from the link sent by the authority. They are suggested to take the hard copy of the admit card to take the entry in the exam hall. All the applicants should check the admit card in their bags before leaving the home for exam centre as without this document the invigilator won’t allow the candidate to sit in the exam.
- Xavier’s BMS entrance examination 2018
Xavier’s BMS 2019 exam consists of the objective type questions and those who will be selected in this round will be given chance to appear in the round of interview cum written exam. There will be total 100 questions in the paper. The candidates will be called for the next round on the basis of the merit list prepared by the authority with weightage of 60% to the entrance exam and 40% to the marks obtained in class 12th exam.
- Xavier’s BMS result announcement 2019
The result for this exam will be released by the authority on the official website of the college. The candidates can access the result by visiting the website and clicking on the link for the scorecard. Those who will be selected in the entrance exam need to appear in the next round of interview with the written test.
- Interview and Written Test
After the declaration of the result, the rank will be given to the applicants on the basis of their selection. The candidates will have to then appear for the interview and written test. The candidates will be selected finally for the admission on the grounds of their overall marks obtained in the entrance exam and the interview cum written exam.
Xavier’s BMS Exam Centers 2019
Xavier’s BMS 2019 entrance examination will be held only at the premises of Xavier’s college whose address is given below:
St. Xavier’s College – Autonomous,
5, Mahapalika Marg,
Mumbai 400 001
To stay away from any inconvenience, the candidates are recommended to be there at the exam centre one hour before the time of the test. The applicants who are coming from the location other than Mumbai will have to reach the centre of the examination one day before.
Not only this, the candidates must be aware of the fact that they need to bring the admit card along with id proof at the examination centre. Those who are unable to present the same will not be given permission to appear in the examination hall.
Xavier’s BMS contact details
Address: 5, Mahapalika Marg,
Mumbai, Maharashtra 400001
Fax No.: 022 22659484
E-mail address for any kind of inquiry: email@example.com
Official Website: http://xaviers.edu/main/
Phone Number: 022-22620661
The pattern of the Xavier’s BMS 2019 exam should be known to all the candidates who are willing to apply for the exam or have already registered online. Let’s learn about the same in detail:
- The entrance test for Xavier’s BMS 2019 is offline and will be held in the first week of June 2019.
- The time duration of this exam is 105 minutes. All the applicants will have to complete the paper within this time frame only.
- The exam paper will contain total 2 sections, one will be objective type and the other will be subjective type.
- The total marks of the exam paper will be 100.
- The section of objective type will carry the total marks of 70.
- On the other hand, the section of subjective type will contain total 30 marks.
- In this paper, there will not be any provision for negative marking and the candidates can tick mark the answers for which they have the doubt or confusion.
- The applicants will have to mandatorily carry the black pointed ball pen to tick mark the answers.
Xavier’s BMS Entrance test Syllabus 2019
The applicants will first go through the syllabus of the exam and then start preparing for the same with all efforts. The below-mentioned subjects will come under the syllabus of Xavier’s BMS 2019 exam:
- General Knowledge
- Current Affairs
- Data Interpretation and basic Mathematics
- English Language
- Logical Reasoning
- Critical Analysis
- Creative Thinking
Once the candidates will submit the application form and register themselves for the exam, the authority will release the admit cards of the candidates who have successfully applied for Xavier’s BMS 2019 entrance exam. The candidates are expected to go to the official website of the college and download the admit card from the given link and then print the same to keep the hard copy with them. Let’s discover how to download the admit card or hall ticket for the exam:
- The moment the candidates get the confirmation of the registration or application form submission, they need to see their registered email id for the link of admit card.
- The applicants should tap on that link to access the admit card
- Then, get the hard copy of the hall ticket to show the same in the exam hall.
- The applicants need to paste the latest colored photograph of passport size on the space given in the admit card and authorize the same by the head of college or school or by some Gazetted Officer
After downloading the admit card, it is the prime duty of the applicants to cross-check the information entered in the hall ticket are right or not. If not, they need to get in touch with the authority and rectify the same. Below mentioned are some of the details that the candidates should verify in the admit card:
- Name of the candidate
- Date of Birth
- Registration number
- Examination date
- Examination time
- Examination place
- Contact information of the applicant
- Instructions pertaining to the entrance test
Note that the candidates will have to bring the admit card on the day of examination as this is the necessary document. Those who do not carry the same will not be able to take the entry in the examination hall.
The scorecard for Xavier’s BMS 2019 exam will be released after a month’s time from examination day. The authority will publish the results on its official website and the applicants will be able to see their results by simply going to the website of Xavier’s college and clicking on the given link.
After the announcement of the exam result, the conducting body for this exam will be all set to prepare the merit or rank list of the applicants. The candidates with their names in the merit list will have to appear for the other rounds of the exam and they are personal interview and written test. At the time of making the merit list, the authority sticks to the weightage of 60% which will be that of the score attained by the candidates in the entrance exam and the weightage of 40% will be there for the marks of the class 12th exam.
The applicants are allowed to get the merit list by visiting the official web portal of the college and entering their login credentials to access the link to the result. The applicants are advised to read the steps given below in order to see the scorecard online:
- Go to the official web portal of Xavier’s college.
- Click on the button named ‘Results’.
- Mention the application number and click on submit
- The candidates will see the merit list on the display
- It is advised to the applicants to print the same and keep the hard copy with them for any kind of future use.
After the completion of the interview and written test round, the authority will prepare the final list of the candidates who are selected finally. At the time of final selection, the marks that the candidates have achieved in the interview and written test will be considered for 70% weightage and the marks that they attained in entrance exam will be counted under 30% weightage.
As the article come to an end, all the applicants are requested to mention your comments below and also if you have any doubt regarding this exam, you may write to us.