XAT 2020- XAT, an acronym for Xavier’s Aptitude Test is a national level entrance test which is conducted every year by the regulating body i.e. Xavier Labour Relation Institute, Jamshedpur. The entrance test of XAT is conducted to offer admission to the candidates for postgraduate management programs such as MBA, PGDM, etc. in around 150 B-schools that accept the score of XAT. To apply for the XAT exam, candidates have to fill the application form which will begin from the month of August. Furthermore, as per the exam pattern laid by the conducting authority, the XAT 2020 exam will be conducted in an online mode wherein only multiple choice questions will be asked from the sections that include English Language and Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Ability, Decision Making, and General Knowledge. Moreover, the examination of XAT 2020 will be conducted in over 46 cities across the country. Therefore, the candidates who have completed their graduation or are in the final year of graduation and willing to pursue postgraduate program in management ought to go through the article to fetch a comprehensive understanding of XAT 2020 events including important dates, application form, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card, exam centres, result, etc.
XAT 2020 Important Dates
The important dates for XAT 2020 have not been released yet and based on the previous year, we have provided the tentative dates for all the events related to the XAT 2020. Thus, to go for every event on time and do not miss them, check the following table:
|Events for XAT 2020||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|Release of Notification||2nd week of August 2019|
|Commencement of Registration Process||3rd week of August 2019|
|Last Date to Submit the Application Form (without late fee)||4th week of August 2019|
|Late Date to Submit the Application Form (with late fee)||2nd week of December 2019|
|Availability of Admit Card||3rd week of December 2019|
|Release of XAT 2020 Mock Test||1st week of January 2020|
|Exam Date for XAT 2020||First Sunday of January 2020|
|Release of XAT 2020 Answer Key and Candidate Response Sheet||2nd week of January 2020|
|Objection filing for XAT 2020 Answer Key||2nd week of January 2020|
|Declaration of XAT 2020 Result||3rd week of January 2020|
|XAT 2020 Cutoff||3rd week of January 2020|
XAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates willing to appear in the entrance test of XAT 2020 and fill the application form must fulfill the requirements set by the examination conducting authority i.e. XLRI Jamshedpur.
- Candidates must have completed 3-year of graduation from any of the recognized university across the country
- Those students who are in the final year of graduation can also apply for XAT 2020
- Candidates of foreign national can also apply through their score acquired in GMAT
- Furthermore, there are no age criteria set for applicants.
XAT 2020 Application Form
Candidates after checking the eligibility criteria laid by the examination need to move further for filling up the application form that includes 4 processes which are completing the registration process, filling the form, uploading the required documents, and most importantly, the payment of the application fee.
Step 1: Registration for XAT 2020
- Firstly, visit the official website of XAT and click on the ‘Registration’ option to register as a new user
- A new tab will open with a dialog box wherein the candidates have to enter their personal details including name, date of birth, valid mobile number, and email address
- Post completion of the registration process, the login credentials will be sent to the registered email address and mobile number of the candidates
Step 2: Filling up the application form
- Using the login credentials which were generated after the registration process, the candidates can proceed for filling up the application form
- While filling the application form, candidates have to give both their personal as well as educational details
- Also, the candidates have to select the exam centres from the list of exam centre to appear in the XAT 2020 exam.
Step 3: Uploading the documents
- After entering all the details, candidates have to upload the significant documents i.e. scanned photograph and signature in the prescribed format set by the examination conducting authority.
Step 4: Remittance of the application fee
- Lastly, when all the requisite details are entered, candidates must check if all the provided information is correct and then click on ‘submit’ button
- Further, remit the requisite application fee which is given below in detail in online mode merely using the credit card, debit card, and Internet Banking.
|Condition||Application Fee||Course Fee|
|Without late fee||Rs. 1650/-||Rs. 300/course|
|With late fee||Rs. 2000/-||Rs. 500/course|
XAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates post scrutinizing the exam pattern will have detailed information about the overall pattern of the test paper including that of mode, time duration, marking scheme, etc. Therefore, read the beneath furnished information:
- Mode – the entrance test of XAT 2020 will be conducted in online mode
- Question-type – merely multiple type questions will be asked in the exam of XAT
- Time Duration – for the completion of the XAT 2020 test paper, the candidates will be allotted the time duration of 205 minutes
- No. of Questions – the test of XAT 2020 contains the total number of 97 questions in aggregate i.e. including those comprised in both the section
- Marking Scheme – candidates, for each correct will be given 1 mark and that for attempting the wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted
|Part||Sections||Total No. of Questions||Time Duration|
|Part A||English Language and Logical Reasoning||72||170 min|
|Part B||General Knowledge||25||35 min|
XAT 2020 Syllabus
Candidates willing to obtain good marks in the XAT 2020 exam must start their preparation after going through the syllabus which is given below in detail. Candidates if check the syllabus will have a comprehensive understanding about the sections from which the questions will be asked and also the topics which are covered under each section.
- XAT 2020 Syllabus for Verbal and Logical Ability – this section consists of the topics that check the writing skills, grammar, vocabulary, etc. Hence, the candidates ought to practice the questions based on the below-given topics and questions
- Para Jumbles
- Reading Comprehensions
- Para Completion
- XAT 2020 Syllabus for Decision Making – to introspect the decision-making ability of the candidates, questions are interrogated from the section of decision making. To have detailed information about the topics covered under this section, check the topics which are cited below:
- Data Arrangement Test
- Analytical Reasoning
- Case lets
- XAT 2020 Syllabus for Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation – From this section, the type of questions that are asked aim at testing the mathematical skills, problem-solving ability of the candidates. Thus, the candidates must practice according to the below-given topic mentioned below:
- Speed and Distance
- Profit & Loss
- XAT 2020 Syllabus for General Knowledge – this section comprises of the topics that aim at checking the general awareness of the candidates related to the below-given subjects. Thus, to remain updated with the latest happenings, start reading the newspapers, magazines, etc:
- Nation and States
- International Relations
- Awards and Recognitions
- Merger and Acquisition
XAT 2020 Admit Card
The admit card or hall ticket of XAT 2020 will be published in the 3rd week of December 2019 in online mode and will not be sent to any of the candidates via post. Only those candidates who will fill and submit the application form successfully will be able to generate the admit card after its availability. Thus, the steps which are required to generate the admit card must be known to the candidates, for this, the aspirants must go through the following procedure:
- Visit the official website of XAT and click on the ‘login’ option which will be available on the top right corner of the home page
- The candidates will be redirected to the new tab wherein a dialog box will appear and the candidates have to endow with the login credentials which they had after the completion of the registration process.
- Post providing the required details, hit the ‘login’ button
- The hall ticket of the candidates will now be displayed on the screen which they should download
- Also, take the hard copy of it and keep it safe for further usage.
However, the candidates must know the details which will be mentioned on the admit card. Also, in case of discrepancy, get it rectified before the commencement of the exam. Thus, the candidates ought to have idea about the details, go through the following:
- Candidate’s Name
- Date of Birth
- XAT ID
- Roll Number
- Exam Centres and venue of the exam
- Date and Time of the Exam
Now, it is important for the candidates to carry the admit card while going to appear for the exam. Besides carrying the admit card, candidates must carry 2 passport size photograph (same which were uploaded on the admit card) and a valid identity proof from aadhar card, voter ID, Driving License, Passport, etc.
XAT 2020 Preparation Tips
- First of all, formulate the study chart on a daily, weekly or monthly basis as per your own convenience
- Start with the subject or topics that seems easier to you and then move ahead to the toughest one
- Take the help from the mentor or someone who has cleared the entrance test and got admission in top B-school
- Solve previous year’s question as well as sample paper to have detailed information about the distribution of marks and the questions from each section.
- Prior to 3 months of the commencement of the exam, start taking an online mock test to learn time management skills for solving all the questions in the allotted time duration
- Lastly, it is necessary for all the candidates to keep your health good and thus, stay healthy.
XAT 2020 Exam Day Guidelines
Below-mentioned is the important guidelines which are mentioned on the admit card and needs to be followed by the candidates while appearing for the exam. Thus, the candidates should check out the instructions cited below:
- Since the candidates are not allowed to enter the examination hall after the gates are closed, they are recommended to reach the exam centre before the reporting time mentioned on the admit card
- Carry the admit card with any of the important documents which are mentioned as identity proof to enter the examination hall
- Do not carry any kind of electronic device including mobile phone, earphones, watches, calculator, etc. to the examination hall. In case any candidate is caught with any of the above-mentioned gadgets will get expelled.
- Candidates can login their system to read the instructions to be followed during the XAT 2020 exam.
XAT 2020 Exam Centres
Candidates while filling the application form have to give their choice of exam centre as per their convenience and preference-wise. However, the final decision of allotting candidates to the exam centre depends on the examination conducting authority. But the candidates to get allotted in the preferred exam centre must go through the table wherein the name of the centers’ are listed:
XAT 2020 Participating Institutes
Around 150 B-schools across the country accept the score of XAT 2020 to offer postgraduate management programs such as MBA and PGDM. Thus, the candidates to know the top B-schools that accept the score of XAT must go through the following information:
- XLRI – Xavier School of Management, Jamshedpur
- SP Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Xavier University, Bhubaneshwar
- TA Pai Management Institute, Chennai
- Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
- Xavier Institute of Management, Xavier University, Bhubaneshwar
XAT 2020 Answer Key
The answer key of XAT 2020 will be made available in the month of January 2020 in online mode merely by the examination conducting authority. Candidates using the answer key will be able to get the probable marks since it will contain the correct answer for all the questions which would be asked in XAT 2020. However, for the appropriate calculation to take out the estimated score, candidates need to know the marking scheme according to which the candidates for each correct answer will be given 1 mark and that for the wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted:
- Visit the official website of XAT 2020
- On the home page, there will be an option to log in to the dashboard which the candidates have to tap
- Upon clicking the link, candidates will be redirected to the new page where a dialog box will appear and the candidates have to enter the XAT ID and password
- After entering the details, click on the login button
- Post this, the answer key will appear on the screen which the candidates should download to take the estimated marks which they will be getting in the result.
XAT 2020 Result
The result of XAT 2020 will be declared in the month of January 2020 in online mode. Therefore, the candidates who will be appearing in the entrance test of XAT 2020 must visit the official website of XAT since the scorecard will not be sent to the candidates via post or any other medium. Candidates to download the result have to enter the login credentials which generated after the completion of the registration process. However, after the declaration of the result, the participating institutions will release the cutoff and accordingly based on the marks, candidates will be selected for the selection procedure round. Thus, the candidates who appear in the exam need to download the result on a priority basis and to fetch it, one should go through the below-given steps:
Steps to download XAT 2020 Result
- Visit the official website of XAT
- Click the link to download result
- A new tab will open with a dialog box
- Enter the login credentials such as Login UID and password
- The result of the candidates will appear on the screen with sectional as well as the overall score
- Download the result and take the hard copy of it for the further usage
XAT 2020 Cutoff
The cutoff of XAT 2020 will be released after the declaration of the result by each participating institute. However, the cutoff for every year does not remain same as it keeps varying college-wise and year-wise as well depending on the factors which are mentioned below. Now, since the cutoff percentile for the upcoming year is not released yet, we have provided the same of the previous year for the candidates to have a rough idea. Also, if the candidates meet the cutoff set by the participating institute, they will be called for the selection procedure round. Thus, the candidates to have detailed information about the same, read the info provided as follows:
Factors determining the XAT 2020 Cutoff
- Availability of Seats
- Difficulty Level of the Exam
- Previous Year’s Cutoff
- Number of Applicants
|Participating Institute||Verbal Ability & Logical Ability (VA & LA)||Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation (QA & DI)||Decision Making||Total|
XAT 2020 Selection Procedure
Post declaration of the result, the participating institutions will release the cutoff and those candidates who have applied for that particular institute will get shortlisted if the marks acquired by them will fulfill the criteria. In the selection procedure round, candidates have to go through the following steps to prepare appropriately for these rounds.
- 8-15 candidates will be allotted in a group to discuss accordingly for about 15-20 minutes
- The topic for discussion can be related to trending social, political issues, current affairs, or any other issue related to business, advertising, technology, education, etc.
- Whilst Group Discussion round, candidate’s team management skills, assertiveness, leadership, and negotiation skills are judges.
- Post completion of the Group Discussion (GD) round, the selected candidates have to participate in the Personal Interview round
- In the personal interview round, the candidates have to face the panel of examiner wherein they will check the communication skills, soft skills, the confidence level of the candidates.
The candidates who have made the mindset to appear in the entrance test of XAT for the year 2020 and to pursue postgraduate management program must read the whole article properly to have detailed information related to XAT 2020 and for more information, drop the query in the below-given comment box.