XAT 2019 Syllabus – The syllabus for Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) is prescribed by the administrating body i.e. Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur for the candidates. Therefore, the candidates to score good marks in the XAT 2019 exam need to check the syllabus and follow it accordingly as it contains the details about all the three sections that include Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation, and Decision Making, and Quantitative Ability in the first paper and further, the sections like GK & Current Affairs in the second paper. The candidates based on the sections and topics covered under them must start preparing from now onwards to score good marks and get into top management college in the Country. However, the candidates who have really intended to turn up in the XAT 2019 must also check the exam pattern besides going through the XAT 2019 syllabus as it helps in providing the info regarding the question type, difficulty level, marking scheme etc. and all other details related to the test paper. Thence, aspirants must study the complete article to gain significant and thorough details about XAT 2019 Syllabus.
XAT 2019 Exam Pattern Based on Syllabus
Before moving further to the next section that is XAT 2019 syllabus, let’s have a look on the exam pattern which is same as of the previous year and the number of questions asked may vary but the pattern of the exam will remain the same. With the help of the exam pattern, you can get an idea of how to prepare for the examination. The below-given table reveals the exam pattern:
|Paper||Section Name||No. of Questions||Duration||Points for Negative Marking|
|Paper 1||Verbal and Logical Ability||24||170 minutes||
For any incorrect answer, 0.25 marks
· For more than 8 unattempted questions, 0.05 marks
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||27|
|Paper 2||General Knowledge||25||10 minutes||No Negative Marking at all|
XAT 2019 Syllabus: Marking Scheme
- 1 marks are awarded to each correct answer
- 1/4th or 0.25 marks will be deducted for incorrect answer.
- There is a negative marking for the unattempted question.
- After 12 unattempted questions, a negative marking of 0.05 marks will be deducted for each unattempted questions.
XAT 2019 Syllabus – Section Wise
If you are not aware of the syllabus it will become difficult to get success in the exam. For your ease detailed syllabus is given below. Let’s have a look
XAT 2019 Syllabus Paper Wise
Paper – 1
- Verbal and Logical Ability-This section comprises of the topics that aim at checking the English Proficiency and writing skills of the candidates. Therefore, to obtain good marks the candidates must go through the topics that are below mentioned:
- Reading Comprehension
- Para Jumble
- Fill in the blanks
- Vocabulary, Analogy based on vocabulary
- Para Completion
- Sentence correction
- Paragraph Formation Questions
- Critical Reasoning/Inference
- Cloze test & Poem etc.
Books for the Preparation of Verbal Ability
- High School English Grammar – Wren & Martin
- Word Power Made Easy – Norman Lewis
- The Students’ Companion Book – D Best
- Objective General English – R.S. Agarwal and Vikas Agarwal
- Decision Making – The questions in this section are based on the following topics that aim at testing the problem-solving skill of the candidates. The candidates’ ability to solve complex questions are checked in Decision Making Section. Thence, have a glimpse of below-cited topics:
- Analytical Reasoning
- Case lets
- Data Arrangement
- Complex Arrangement
- Situational etc.
Books for the Preparation of Decision Making
- Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency – Ananta Ashisha
- Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning – Gautam Puri
- How to Prepare Data Interpretation for CAT – Arun Sharma
- Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for CAT – Nishit K Sinha
- Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation – The candidates’ mathematical skill is checked in this section as the topics covered under this section are related to calculation. Henceforth, look at the topics that are below cited.
- Arithmetic– Equations, Time & Work, Time & Distance, Profit & Loss Percentage, etc.
- Algebra– Numbers, Polynomials, Probability, Progressions, Mensuration, Geometry, Venn Diagram, Functions & Graphs, Trigonometry, Permutation & Combination etc.
- Data Analysis & Interpretation, Bar Charts, Data Sufficiency, Table, and Scatter plots, etc.
Books for the Preparation of Quantitative Aptitude (QA) and Data Interpretation (DI)
- Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency – Ananta Ashisha/ Arihant
- How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for CAT – Arun Sharma
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations – Guha Abhijit
- Quantitative Aptitude Quantum CAT Common Admissions Test For Admissions into IIMs – Sarvesh K Verma
Paper – 2
- GK/Current Affairs – The questions asked in this section are based on topics that are mentioned below. The candidates to acquire good marks in this section need to remain updated with all the current happenings. Therefore, aspirants must-read novels, journals, magazines, and newspapers to be aware of the news that happens every day around us.
- GK– History, Culture, National Capital, Currency, Important Dates, Invention, Books & Authors, Films, Geography, Personalities, Business, Science, etc.
- Current Affairs – Economics, Ecosystem & Diversity, Film & Television, Politics, National Issues, Sports, etc.
Books for the Preparation of General Knowledge
- Wall Street Journal
- The Financial Times
- The Hindu
- Economic Times
- Management Compass Career Launcher
- Competition Success Review
- Business Today
Preparation Tips for XAT 2019
- Formulate the study chart on a daily, weekly or monthly basis after going through the exam pattern and syllabus for XAT 2019.
- Begin with the topics that seem difficult for the candidates and then move to the easiest one as it won’t take more time.
- Solve the question paper and sample papers of the previous years to have in-depth information about the question-types and difficulty level of the questions.
- Purchase reference books in order to learn different methods, tips, and tricks for solving complicated questions in less time duration.
- Keep reading newspapers to stay updated with the latest happenings.
- At last, just remain calm and confident for the exam.
Lastly, the candidates must be aware of the XAT 2019 notification that has been released on 14th August 2018. However, according to the XAT 2019 important dates, registration procedure for the exam has been commenced from 20th of August 2018 and XAT 2019 Admit Card can be downloaded from 20th of December 2018. Moreover, XAT 2019 will be conducted on 6th of January in 46 cities across India only. Around 90,000 candidates appear for XAT exam each year for admission in 150 B- Schools across India.
For any clarification related to XAT 2019 syllabus, you can leave your comment in the below-given comment box.