XAT 2019 Selection Procedure – The candidates after the declaration of the XAT 2019 result 2019 in the last week of January 2019 must wait for the cutoff to be released by the conducting body of XAT i.e. XLRI and each participating institute that accepts the score of XAT 2019. However, there are around 150 top B-schools that accept the score of XAT exam but the cutoff percentile vary from institute to institute every year. Therefore, the candidates must prepare properly to score high percentile and to fulfill the minimum cutoff percentile set up by XLRI and other participating institutes. Moreover, now let’s discuss the selection procedure of XAT that involve mainly 2 stages. In the first stage, the candidates based on their marks acquired in XAT 2019 exam will get shortlisted and further, in the second stages, the candidates will be called for the Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) rounds. After which, the final merit list will be released containing the list of candidates selected to seek admission in that particular institute. Above all, candidates to fetch more information related to XAT 2019 selection procedure must read the article comprehensively.
XAT 2019 Important Dates
|Events of XAT 2019||Important Dates|
|XAT 2019 Notification||August 14, 2018|
|Release of Online Application Form||August 20, 2018|
|Last date to Submit the Application Form (Without Late Fee)||30th November 2018|
|Opening of Re-correction of Application Form||3rd Week of August to 3rd Week of December 2018|
|Deadline for the Submission of the Application form (With Late Fee)||3rd Week of December 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||20th December 2018|
|XAT 2019 Exam Date||6th January 2019|
|Release of Answer Key||3rd Week of January 2019|
|Declaration of XAT 2019 Result||Last Week of January 2019|
Process for Shortlisting the Candidates by Participating Institutes
- Each Participating Candidates release its own cutoff percentile. The candidates after the declaration of XAT 2019 result in the last week of January 2019 must wait for the cutoff percentile to be released the participating Institutes.
- However, the cutoff percentile of each participating institutes vary from one another and do not remain the same every year. There are some of the factors that determine the cutoff percentile like availability of seats, number of candidates appearing the CAT 2019 exam.
- The candidates after the declaration of the XAT 2019 result must apply for the participating institutes of their choice after fulfilling the cutoff criteria of that particular institute.
- The candidates’ previous academic record, work experience etc. will be checked by the participating institutes. Furthermore, the candidates will get shortlisted for the next round of selection procedure that comprises of Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) rounds.
Stages of XAT 2019 Selection Procedure
The selection procedure round of XAT 2019 will be conducted by XLRI, the conducting body of XAT as well as other participating institutes individually. The candidates to sit in the selection procedure round have to meet the criteria or the minimum cutoff percentile released by the participating institutes which they have applied for. Now, let’s have a look at the stages that the candidates have to go through in the selection procedure round of XAT 2019:
- Appear in the XAT 2019 Exam: The candidates will have to appear in the XAT 2019 exam first that will be conducted by the administrating body XLRI on 6th January 2019 through online mode.
- Fulfill the Cutoff Percentile: The candidates after the declaration of result must apply for the participating institute if they meet the minimum cutoff percentile released by that particular institute to get shortlisted for the next round of selection procedure.
- Selection Round: The shortlisted candidates are called for the selection procedure round where they are to face the panel of examiner in Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds. The 10-15 numbers of candidates in Group Discussion will be given the time duration and the topic for discussion. In between, the leadership and negotiation skills of the candidates will be tested by the examiner. Further, in the Personal Interview round, the basic questions will be asked to the candidates in order to check their knowledge, presence of mind, communication skill etc.
- Final Selection for Admission: The selection of the candidates are done on the basis of marks acquired by them in XAT exam, performance in GD and PI rounds, previous academic record, work experience etc.
Expected XAT 2019 Cutoff
As it is already mentioned above that the cutoff percentile for the year 2019 will not remain the same as per the previous year, therefore, we have provided the expected cutoff percentile for the 2019-2021 session. Therefore, let’s have a glimpse of XAT 2019 cutoff percentile that is mentioned below in the tabular form:
Preparation of XAT 2019 Final Merit List
After completion of selection procedure round, the final merit list will be released containing the names of candidates selected to seek admission in any of the participating institutes of XAT 2019. Therefore, let’s have a look at the components which are considered for preparing the final merit list that is below cited:
- Score of XAT 2019
- Score Obtained in GD and PI rounds
- Work Experience
- Previous Academic Record
- Extra Co-curricular Activities
Lastly, the candidates longing to appear in the entrance test of XAT 2019 must go through the article to have detailed information about the XAT 2019 selection procedure, cutoff, final merit list and other details related to it. The aspiring candidates are recommended to fetch all the significant information provided here and for more information, leave the queries in the comment section that is mentioned below.