XAT 2019 Result – The result or scorecard of Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) for the year 2019 will be released by the regulating body i.e. Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI) on 31st January 2019 in online mode for the candidates to pursue postgraduate management program such as MBA, PGDM from any of the top B-schools that accept the score of XAT. The candidates will be able to download their result in online mode merely. However, candidates to download their result have to enter the user Id and password received after the execution of the registration process. Furthermore, if the candidates fulfill the cutoff percentile released by the participating institutes of XAT, they will get shortlisted by the particular institutes which they applied for at the time of filling the application form for the further round of selection procedure. Moreover, after the completion of the selection procedure round, the final merit list will be released containing the name of the selected candidates to seek admission in their choice of B-school. Thence, preview the whole article thoroughly for having absolute information about the XAT 2019 result.
|XAT 2019 Exam||6th January 2019|
|XAT 2019 Release of official Answer key||3rd Week of January 2019|
|XAT 2019 declaration of Result||31st January 2019|
XAT 2019 Result: Release of Official Answer Key
The officials XAT 2019 answer Key and OMR sheet will be published by XLRI in the last week of January. Candidates who appear for the exam can check their number of correct answers and estimate their scores. It will allow you to know the list of probable colleges you probably get a call from.
XAT 2019 Result: How to check Result
The result of the XAT 2019 will be declared online in the last week of January 2019. The Result will be available on the official website of XAT 2019. The merit list will be announced in the form of the scorecard which will contain the sectional cut-off as well as the total score secured by the candidate. XLRI Jamshedpur, the executive Body, will also deliver the hardcopy of XAT 2019 scorecard to the registered address of the candidates. The scorecard must be kept safe until the process of admission is complete.
The candidates can use the below-listed steps to check their Result of the XAT exam 2019:
- Visit the official website of XAT 2019 www.xatonline.in
- Enter your registered XAT ID, password, followed by the security code
- Click on the “Login” button
- Your XAT Exam 2019 Result will be displayed on the screen.
- Verify and proceed to download the XAT 2019 score card.
- Lastly, take the print out of the result for the further usage in the selection procedure.
XAT 2019 Result: Scorecard
Please check the XAT 2019 scorecard as soon as you get your XAT Result. It has the following data:
- Name, gender, and address of the candidate
- Candidates birth date and date of examination
- XAT ID of the candidate
- The validity of the scorecard
- Section-wise percentile
- Overall Percentile
XAT 2019 Result: Key Highlights
- XAT calculates the percentile of a candidate so that the student always gets the highest score a percentile of 99.9 + instead of 100
- As per the XAT normalization process, there is no negative marking scheme.
- XAT steering Authority is very apparent and issues the XAT question paper and the official answer key before proclaiming the XAT test result.
- In case if a candidate loses their XAT scorecard, it can be reclaimed by paying INR 300 at XLRI Jamshedpur
- The students who crack the XAT 2019 will only be invited for the further GD, PI, and WAT rounds. The candidates must crack all these rounds to get it into the ultimate XAT merit list 2019. The final selection usually happens until March-April 2020
Calculation for XAT 2019 Result
The candidates for the calculation must know the marking scheme first. Therefore, hereby, we are going to provide the relevant information according to which the calculation for XAT 2019 will be done to prepare the result.
- Each question to be asked in the XAT 2019 will carry 1 mark. It means that for each correct answer, the candidates will be awarded 1 mark.
- Secondly, the candidate if makes any mistake, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
- However, the candidates have the plus point to leave 8 questions attempted for not getting the negative marking. In case, any candidate leaves more than 8 questions unanswered, 0.05 marks will be deducted beyond 8 questions.
XAT 2019 Cutoff
Here is a quick overview of the XAT 2019 cut-off and percentile of the previous year’s XAT. It is witnessed that when the XAT test is harder, the total and cut off drops. Aspirants must emphasis on exploiting their score in every section to get a virtuous percentage score. Now, let’s have a look at the following to have an idea about the previous year’s section-wise cutoff
|XLRI – BM||2016||77.47||78.04||88.6||96|
|XLRI – HR||2016||69.1||69||69||94.4|
Candidates after the declaration of result of XAT 2019 must book their slots for an interview round post which they will receive a mail regarding this. The window for booking slot will remain open for around 10 days merely. However, candidates after logging in have to select a course for which interview shall be conducted but the candidates need to select from the courses which they had applied for while filling up of the application form. However, candidates have the option to select two courses but they have to select two slots for each course. However, the duration of an interview can take one complete month. Therefore, candidates need to check properly before choosing any of the slots.
Selections Procedure Rounds
Candidates after proceeding for the selection procedure have to go through Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) rounds. However, last year, both GD and PI round were conducted by Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI), the conducting body of XAT. Now, all the candidates need to go through the following to have an idea about the pattern of the interview round:
In Group Discussion (GD) round, around 10-12 candidates are allotted in one group where they are given a topic for discussion. Candidates have to discuss on that topic for at least 20-25 minutes wherein the negotiation and leadership skills of the candidates are checked. Besides this, an examiner also checks the knowledge of the candidates on that topics, their awareness for the current happenings etc. Therefore, candidates for Group Discussion round must be familiar with the social, political or economical issues etc.
In Personal Interview (PI) round, an individual is judged by the panel of examiner wherein the candidate will interact with the examiners and further the communication skills, personality, knowledge, body language etc. will be assessed.
Final Merit List
The final merit list of the selected candidates will be released after the completion of GD and PI rounds. However, the final merit list is prepared based on the previous academic records, work experience and marks acquired in GD/PI. Moreover, after the release of the merit list, the waiting list will also be released for the candidates to seek admission is seats will be still left.