XAT 2019 Preparation Tips – The candidates longing to take admission in one of the top B-school across the country must start their preparation from now onwards to score high percentile in order to fulfill the minimum cutoff percentile released by the participating institutes. However, to score good marks in the entrance test of XAT 2019, the candidates need to prepare well by strategizing the study plan on a daily, weekly or monthly basis first. In addition to this, formulate the study chart in such a way that the candidates can solve the easiest portion in less time and give more time to the toughest one in order to fortify it. Apart from this, keep solving the question as well as sample papers of the previous years for having an idea about the question pattern and difficulty level of the questions that might come in the XAT 2019 exam. Besides solving the question papers, candidates must also take an online mock test for learning time management skill that will be beneficial for them while appearing for the exam. Thereof, the candidates are supposed to scrutinize all the preparation tips that are provided in this article in the comprehensive form.
XAT Paper Mainly Comprises of the following
(a) Multiple choice questions
(b) A cluster of subjective questions. This paper is in two parts. Time allotted to solve the question paper is 3 hours 30 mins. Candidates must be thoroughly prepared if they want to pass XAT, as there is no substitute for the dedication and hard work which can lead them to the path of success.
So far, no news of introducing any change in the upcoming XAT exam has been doing the rounds. Therefore, one can expect the format of the paper to remain the same. Candidates can follow the tips given in the subsequent paragraphs to avoid the heat of the exams.
XAT 2019 Preparation Tips Details
- First of all, candidates must go through the syllabus and exam pattern to have in-depth information about the subjects and the topics covered under each section.
- Secondly, formulate a study chart on a daily, weekly or monthly basis to start your preparation accordingly. Allot more time on the topic which you find difficult
- For an ideal preparation, begin with the topic that seems toughest for you and further, move for the easier one.
- Solve the sample as well as question papers of the previous years to know the overall pattern of the test paper, level of difficulty, and also the typed of questions that might be asked in the upcoming examination of XAT.
- Candidates can also buy reference books for each subject in order to learn different methods, tricks etc. for solving complex questions in less time duration.
- Prior 2-3 months of the commencement of the exam, start taking an online mock test in order to enhance the accuracy and to learn the time management skills
- Lastly, stay calm and confident
XAT 2019 Preparation Tips for Verbal Ability and Logical Ability
- For this section, candidates must start solving the questions based on fill in the blanks, grammar, sentence correction etc.
- Apart from solving questions, start reading English newspapers, novels to learn vocabulary and to enhance the word power by learning antonyms, synonyms
- Also take the help from online E-book of XAT, tutorials which can be found on Youtube.
- Buy the books of best authors like Arun Sharma and start preparation accordingly and take help from the mentor or topper who has cleared the entrance test of XAT.
- Solve at least 3-4 passages a day and keep practicing on a regular basis.
XAT 2019 Preparation Tips for Decision Making
- For the decision making section, candidates have to learn the tricks and tips in order to solve the question in less time as only limited time is given to the candidates for attempting the total number of questions
- Also, purchase the reference books that will prove to be beneficial for the candidates.
- Solve the previous years’ questions paper to fetch an idea about the type and level of the questions.
XAT 2019 Preparation Tips for Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation
- For this section, first of all, select the topic that seems too difficult. Further solve it and if the candidate found himself unable to solve then take the help from the solution book
- While taking an online mock test, try not to use calculator
- Do not waste too much time on solving a single question as only limited time will be given
- Take the help from reference books, e-books and try to remember formulas most importantly.
- Solve the sample papers to get the idea about the questions and the pattern for the upcoming exam of XAT.
XAT 2019 Preparation Tips for General Knowledge
- Start reading newspapers such as Economics Times, The Hindu, The Indian Express etc, to know the information about the current happenings across the country and throughout the world too.
- As social media especially twitter is considered as the best source of news, so keep using twitter to fetch info related to the politics, business, authors, celebrities, etc.
XAT 2019 Preparation Tips – Exam Pattern
- Mode – the entrance test of XAT 2019 will be conducted in online mode
- Medium – the questions asked in the exam will be in English Medium merely
- Sections – from 4 different sections, the questions will be asked
- Question-type – only Objective-type
- Time Duration – candidates for completing their test paper will be given 180 minutes or 3 hours.
- Marking Scheme – for each correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded to the candidates whereas, for the incorrect one, 1/4th of the total marks will be deducted and 0.05 mark will be reduced for unattempted questions
No. of Questions
Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning
Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation
XAT 2019 Preparation Tips – Syllabus
- Verbal Ability and Logical Ability – This section comprises of the topics that checks the writing skills, word power, English Proficiency of the candidates. Apart from that candidates’ problem-solving ability is also checked. Therefore, candidates must go through the topics mentioned-below:
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Correction
- Critical Reasoning/Inference
- Fill in the Blanks
- Para Completion
- Paragraph Formation Questions
- Cloze test, poem etc.
2) Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation – Candidates’ mathematical skills and problem-solving skills will be checked through the questions asked from this section. Thus, to acquire good marks, check out the topics covered under this section:
- Profit & Loss
- Time & Work
- Permutation & Combination
- Venn Diagram
- Data Sufficiency
- Scatter Plots
- Data Analysis
- Table & Graphs
- Bar Chart etc.
3) Decision Making – The questions asked from this section tests the decision-making ability of the candidates. Hence, candidates to score good in this section must practice the questions from the topics below-cited:
- Analytical Reasoning
- Complex Arrangement
- Case lets
- Data Arrangement etc.
4) General Knowledge & Current Affairs – For this section, candidates have to remain updated with all the current happening and the latest updates. Therefore, candidates must keep their eyes an fetch information from the below-given areas:
- Important Dates
- National Capital
- Books & Authors
- Film & Television
- Sports etc.
A comprehensive List of Books which would help Prepare for the Exam
- Target XAT Simplified by Disha Experts
- Jabbing the XAT with solved papers by R.K. Jha
- XAT XLRI – MBA Entrance exam A/4 by Chandresh Agarwal
- The hand on guide to analytical reasoning and logical reasoning: A must have a resource for the aspirants of XAT by Peeyush Bhardwaj
- General Knowledge of Manohar Panday
- The Accredited guide to problem-solving and the data sufficiency: A must-have resource for aspirants for XAT by Ananta Ashisha
- The verbal ability for XAT by Ajay Singh
- Quantitative aptitude Quantum XAT by Sarvesh K Verma
- Verbal ability and reading comprehension by Arun Sharma and Meenakshi Upadhyaya
- Quantitative aptitude for XAT by Arun Sharma
- XAT entrance test for MBA examination by Gautam Puri
- Data Interpretation by Arun Sharma
- XAT Xavier Aptitude Test solved sample papers by Gautam Puri
- Target new XAT – Past papers and five mock papers
- Concepts of number for XAT and other quantitative exams by Gajendra Kumar
There are no shortcuts to achieve success so with hard work and dedication with a strong will to succeed will pave the way for candidates to get desired results. Believe in yourself, stay calm and maintain cool while giving the exam. We wish you all the best for XAT 2019 exams.