XAT 2019 Exam Analysis – The exam analysis of XAT has been released since the XAT exam is over; the analysis reflects the details of the exam pattern section wise as well as overall difficulty and expected cutoff. The motto behind providing the XAT exam analysis is to highlight the key changes in XAT 2019 and ideal attempts to improve your scores. The exam pattern was switched over to computer-based test from paper-based test since 2018 whereas the test paper was moderate to difficult in terms of difficulty level. According to the test paper of 2018, the Quantitative Ability section was a bit difficult as compared to the previous year. Further, questions asked in Decision Making section were easy to moderate in level. Moreover, Quant and Data Interpretation section had the questions which were difficult in level as compared to the last year. Therefore, lastly, those candidates who have appeared in the entrance test of XAT 2019 must go through the XAT 2019 exam analysis.
Highlights of XAT 2019 Exam Analysis
The highlights of XAT exam analysis are given below for the candidate’s reference based on 2018 exam pattern. Therefore, let’s have look at the following
- XAT 2019 was the moderately difficult exam and the mode of the exam was changed from Paper Pen to Computer Based Test.
- The XAT exam analysis reflects the details on overall XAT exam pattern, the total number of questions, and time duration of exam, overall difficulty level, and expected cutoff.
- XAT exam analysis also provides details of sectional pattern, sectional difficulty level, sectional cutoffs by experts, calculation of XAT sectional percentile, and changes in XAT exam sections.
- According to the test paper of XAT 2019, 26 questions were asked in the Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension section. Data Interpretation and Quantitative ability comprised of 27 questions. Also, the Decision-making section had 21 questions.
- The General Knowledge section had 25 questions out of which 12-14 questions were considered as good attempts.
- Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation was the difficult section while Decision Making and VALR section were easy-moderate in level.
- The exam duration was 3 hours which was scheduled from 10 AM to 1:00 pm.
Overall difficulty of XAT 2019 Exam Analysis
The below-given table will give you an overview of the XAT 2019 exam Analysis
|Section||No. of Questions||Level of Difficulty||Good Attempts|
|Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning||26||Difficult||17-19|
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||27||Moderate-Difficult||15-18|
|Total||74||Moderate – Difficult||54-55|
Detailed Section wise XAT Exam Analysis
In the above section that is the analysis of the last three year an overall detail of the exam is given. But in this section, a detailed analysis on section wise can be seen which will be easy for the candidates. Part one section of XAT 2018 comprises Decision Making, Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation and Verbal & Logical Ability. Now, let’s have a detailed look at the section wise XAT 2019 exam analysis.
XAT Exam Analysis of Verbal and Logical Ability
The total number of 26 questions were asked in this section which was tougher as compared to the previous year. According to the experts, this section had questions of difficult in level. Moreover, out of 26 questions, RC passages had 12 questions, poem-based comprehension had 2 questions which were quite difficult. However, attempting 16-18 question out of 26 were considered as the good attempt for the candidates. For more information, go through the below-mentioned table:
|Topic||Number of questions||Level of Difficulty||Good Attempts|
|Reading Comprehension||12(4 passages of 3 questions each)||Moderate – Difficult||7-8|
|Poem Comprehension||2 (1 poem)||Bizarre||1|
|Para-jumble – 5 sentence||2||Moderate||1-2|
|FIB – 3 blanks||3||Difficult||1-2|
XAT Exam Analysis of Decision Making and Analytical Reasoning
The questions in this section were based on passage and the overall section was easy-moderate. There were no singlets and the section consisted of 21 questions which were based on situational. The table below will make it clear for the candidates to know the difficulty level and no. of good attempts.
|Topic||Number of questions||Difficulty||Good Attempts|
XAT Exam Analysis Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation
The questions asked in the section of Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation was slightly difficult than the previous year. The total number of 27 questions were asked in this section out of which candidates with good preparation could have attempted 13-15 quant questions and at least 2-3 questions from Data Interpretation section.
|Topic||Number of questions||Level of Difficulty|
|DI (time zone)||3||Moderate-Difficult|
|DI (Mixed Graph)||3||Easy-moderate|
XAT Exam Analysis of General Knowledge:
This section comprised of 25 questions which were supposed to be solved in the time duration of 15 minutes. Out of 25, most of the questions were asked from static GK that include Science, Geography, Economy, and Technology. On the other hand, questions asked from current GK covered the topics such as Personalities, Sports, Business Economy, and Awards.
|Section||No. of questions||Difficulty Level|
|Economy & Business||7||Easy-Moderate|
|Personality & Awards||3||Moderate|
|Science & Tech||2||Moderate|
Expected XAT 2019 cutoff
The minimum qualifying marks the candidates have to score to become eligible for next round of selection procedure is known as XAT cutoff. The cutoff is released by the participating institutes after the declaration of the result. XAT cutoff of each institute varies according to courses and categories. The previous year’s cutoff is given below for the candidate’s reference
XAT 2018 Cutoff – Expected
|Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning||7-7.5||6-6.5|
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||12-13||9-10|
XAT 2019 Exam Analysis by Experts
Let’s have look what are views of experts for XAT exam analysis for 2019.
- According to Time, the exam paper was moderate as compared to the last year.
- Vista Mind said that the overall paper was difficult whereas Verbal and RC section as compared to the previous year was difficult.
- According to analysis done by Career Launcher the overall paper was similar to last year.
- The analysis was done by IMS – the verbal ability section was tough. DM & Analytical reasoning didn’t have any long set whereas QA and DI consist of Geometry, modern math and arithmetic.
To solve your queries related to XAT 2019 Exam Analysis, you can leave your comment in the below-given comment box.