UPSEE MBA 2019 – UPSEE MBA is the state level entrance exam. UPSEE or AKTU exam will be organized by AKTU or Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Uttar Pradesh. It is conducted with a motive to provide admission in the courses of UG and PG in various fields like management, engineering & technology, management, pharmacy etc. UP State Entrance Examination or UPSEE MBA 2019 was once called as UPTU entrance exam.
This article discusses about the important dates of UPSEE exam, events, eligibility terms, pattern of the exam, qualification criteria, syllabus of the test, tips for preparing the exam, frequently asked questions by the candidates and their responses by the experts, admit card issuance, scorecard or result of the exam and counseling process.
UPSEE MBA 2019 Exam Dates
The details about the events and important dates of UPSEE MBA 2019 are given below in tabular form:
|UPSEE MBA 2019 Events||Dates|
|Release date for Online Application||Third week of January 2019|
|Last Date for Application Submission||Last week of February 2019|
|Online rectification starting date||Third week of March 2019|
|Admit Card availability||First week of April 2019|
|AKTU/UPTU Exam Dates|
|For courses of UG||Last week of April 2019|
|For courses of PG||First week of May 2019|
|Answer Key publish||April to May 2019|
|Result declaration||Last week of May 2019|
|Counselling commencement||Fourth week of June 2019|
- MBA, MCA, B.Tech, B.Arch, BFAD, B.Pharm, BFA
- IInd Year of B.Tech, B.Pharm, MCA (Lateral Entry)
- The candidates need to fill the application online by visiting the official website of UPSEE. Note that the candidates should fill the information correctly without any error.
- The candidates are supposed to complete the form filling process of UPSEE application 2019 from the third week of January 2019.
- The submission date of UPTU application form 2019 will go until the last week of February 2019.
- At the time of online registration, the applicants need have to upload the latest scanned copy of their colour photograph, signature, and impression of left-hand thumb impression.
- Once the online application form is submitted and the registration procedure is over, the candidates need not send the hard copy of the confirmation page as everything will be recorded online.
- The candidates are suggested to keep the hard copy of the confirmation page for any kind of further use.
UPSEE MBA 2019 Application Fee
- The candidates who come under the category of general and OBC (Male or Transgender) need to make the payment of Rs. 1200 and for those who are female, SC, and ST category and physically handicapped candidates, the application fee will be Rs. 600 only.
- The applicants can pay the amount securely through debit card, credit card or net banking. No need to fear about the authentication of the transaction as the payment gateway of UPSEE is highly safe.
The following are certain conditions that are required to be fulfilled by all the applicants who are going to appear in UPSEE MBA 2019. Let’s discourse about the same in detail:
- The candidates need to be the citizen of India.
- The candidates who are NRI, PIO, Foreign Nationals, Kashmiri Migrants, Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries etc can also appear for UPSEE MBA 2019.
- The applicants need to provide their Aadhaar card as this will be the mandatory document to apply.
- The candidates should have the degree of graduation in any stream from the reputed university or college.
- The candidates need to possess the minimum marks of 45% in the general category and the marks of 40% in the reserved category of SC or ST.
- Those who are yet to appear in the final year of the graduation are also eligible to give this UPSEE examination.
- The age is not the bar for the candidates who wish to give this examination.
Before proceeding with the preparation of the exam, the applicants need to know about the pattern. If you do not know about the layout of the paper, total questions, marking criteria, mode, and the time duration, how could you be able to make up your mind completely for this test. Below mentioned are the actual pattern for UPSEE MBA 2019 that the applicants must read and make the note:
- A total number of papers in this exam is 11.
- The examination will be held in both the online and offline modes. The online one would be a computer based test where the candidates need to choose the right answer and click the same on the computer screen. This is also called CBT or computer-based test.
- Those who find English as a hindrance in solving the paper need not get worried in this exam as the question paper will be given in both the English and Hindi language.
- The type of questions in this examination will be multiple choices except for part B of paper 4 which is Drawing Aptitude test.
- The total time duration of the exam will be three hours for Paper 1, 2 and 3, 2.5 hours for Paper 4, 2 hours for Paper 9, 10 and 11 and 1.5 hours for Paper 5, 6, 7 and 8.
- For the right answer, total four marks will be granted to the applicants.
- As far as the negative marking is concerned, there is no such clause in this examination.
The syllabus for every paper will not be the same and depends upon the subject. Every paper will include different chapters and topics from various different streams. Here we will discuss the MBA syllabus only in which the aptitude test is there. Total 100 questions will come in the paper and contains the total marks of 400. All the questions will be of objective type. The candidates should be aware of the syllabus before appearing in UPSEE MBA 2019 as this will give them the right idea about the topics and subjects, Refer to the official website of UPSEE for detailed syllabus.
- The candidates should be aware of the pattern, syllabus, and topics of the exam without which they won’t be able to plan out the focused studies.
- They should create a routine for the preparation of the exam and for this they need to make timetable according to the topics and subjects that need to be covered every day.
- The aspirants should gather the study material from the authentic source and for this, they may refer to the NCERT books and other study materials.
- Practising the online mock test provided by the exam conducting authority is the best way to test your skills and level of preparation.
- The candidates may also opt for solving the question papers of the previous years. They can also test their knowledge and speed by solving various sample papers of UPSEE MBA.
- As no study is said to be completed without proper revision on daily basis, the candidates need to go through the topics regularly for better exam preparation.
The candidates are advised to download their admit card from the official website of UPSEE. It will be made available in the first week of April 2019 for all the candidates. The candidates will not be permitted to appear in the examination without UPSEE MBA 2019 admit card or hall ticket.
If the candidates are not able to get their admit card from the website, they are free to connect with the concerned officials to resolve the issue.
The answer key will be released after some days of the examination. It will be published on different dates for every course. The applicants will verify the UPSEE answer key 2019 via online mode. In case, the candidates detect some mistake or error in the answers of the questions, they can contact with the concerned team online by writing the query in the grievance section and asking for resolution.
The university will announce the result for UPSEE MBA 2019 via online mode. The authority will publish the scorecard on the official website where the applicants need to visit to see the result. The candidates will see the UPSEE or AKTU result 2019 in the last week of May 2019.
The performance of the candidates in the exam will be assessed and on the basis of the scorecard, the merit list will be prepared for each course.
Once the UPTU result 2019 is declared, the website will have a link mentioning the marks obtained in the subjects, merit position and scorecard with total marks obtained.
According to the UP Government norm, the cut off percentage marks for UPSEE 2019 is 25% for the successful candidates who come in the general category and for Sc and ST candidates, it would be 20%. In order to find their place in counselling, the candidates need to obtain the cut off marks.
The candidates who have made up for the counselling process after hitting the merit list and scoring high marks will get the notification on the website of UPSEE. They can also see their names on the newspaper.
The UPSEE counselling 2019 will be conducted via online mode in the last week of June 2019.
During the counselling, the candidates will have to make the counselling fee payment of Rs. 20000. This amount is Rs 12000 for SC and ST candidates.
The candidates need to fill their own choices of colleges according to their preferences and also need to upload the documents as required by the authority.
Frequently Asked Questions or FAQ’s
Question: What is the commencement date of the registration process for UPSEE MBA 2019?
Answer: The application form filling process will be started in the third week of January 2019.
Question: Is there any chance of modification in examination date of UPSEE 2019 as I have some other examination scheduled on the same date?
Answer: No, the modification in date of the exam cannot be made as it is declared by the University in advance and no change in the date can be entertained once it is specified by the authority.
Question: Can UPSEE 2019 application form be filled in any other mode, unlike online mode?
Answer: No, the registration for UPSEE exam will be done online only by visiting the website. As per the conducting body, there will be no other mode to apply for UPSEE 2019 other than online mode.
Question: Can I make the changes in the application form after registration as I need to rectify certain information in the form?
Answer: Yes, you are allowed to modify the details in the application form but it can be done only from the third week of March 2019 when the online window for modification will get activated.
Question: Do I need to send the hard copy of the Confirmation Page to the University?
Answer: No, there is no need to do that.
Question: Neither I nor my parents have a domicile of UP and I have completed my 12th class from some other state. Am I eligible to apply for this examination?
Answer: Yes, but only 10% of the total sanctioned seats in the courses like Architecture and technology will be available for you.
Question: Is it mandatory to complete the whole application form filling or registration process for UPSEE exam online in one go?
Answer: No, not necessary. You may log out from the link after one step of application form filling and the other steps can be completed later on. Note that you will have to go through login process every time.
Question: Is there any provision for negative marking for an incorrect answer?
Answer: No negative marking is there.
The seat will be given to the selected candidates on the grounds of merit, preferential order for seats and the availability of the seats.