UPES MET 2019 Exam Pattern – UPES or University of Petroleum and Energy Studies in Dehradun is the authority that takes the accountability of organizing UPES MET exam which is also called as UPES Management Entrance Test. This entrance exam is aimed to offer the admissions in various management programmes and courses as listed below. This test is conducted once a year and the candidates who meet the prescribed eligibility criteria for UPES MET exam 2019 will be able to fill the application form which will be released on 5th February 2019. The applicants who are interested to apply need to submit the application before 5th May 2019. The authority will allow only those candidates to appear in the exam who meet the eligibility requirements and submit the application fee and form successfully. The admit card will be issued online and the applicants need to carry this as a hall ticket to get entry in the reexamination hall. The result declaration and the merit list release will be done in the last week of May 2019.
As far as the preparation for UPES MET 2019 exam is concerned, the applicants need to study sincerely. Before focusing on it, they will definitely need the subjects and the topics to prepare and this will be mentioned in the syllabus which is already published by the university and the details are given in this article. Not only this, the UPES MET 2019 Exam Pattern is something that the aspirants cannot ignore. This explains about the mode of the exam, total number of questions, type of questions, duration of time, number of sections and the time allotted for each section, marking scheme, negative marking etc. You will read all these inclusions of UPES MET 2019 Exam Pattern in this article.
MBA Courses offered by UPES
UPES has various courses in its kitty that include industry-focused graduate, doctoral and post graduate programmes in the subjects like Energy, Design, Planning & Architecture, Infrastructure, Information Technology, Transportation, Public Policy and Legal studies. The below mentioned management courses are offered by the university:
- MBA Oil and Gas Management
- MBA International Business
- MBA Energy Trading
- MBA Business Analytics
- MBA Power Management
- MBA Aviation Management
- MBA Urban Infrastructure and Development
- MBA Port and Shipping Management
- MBA Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- MBA HR/Marketing/Financial Accounting/Operations Management
UPES MET 2019 Exam Pattern in Tabular Form
The applicants need to be well aware of the UPES MET 2019 Exam Pattern if they aspire to pursue various MBA courses from UPES. This is because without knowing about the paper layout, types and number of questions, topics, subjects, marking pattern, mode of exam, time duration etc how would the applicants manage to prepare for the UPES MET exam 2019. The below mentioned section wise information with the marks distribution will definitely help you to learn about the UPES MET 2019 Exam Pattern.
Section Wise Details and Distribution of Marks
|SECTIONS||SECTION CONTENT||NUMBER OF QUESTIONS|
|Section 1||General English (Reading Comprehension, Verbal Ability, Verbal reasoning)||35|
|Section 2||Quantitative (Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency)||35|
|Section 3||General Awareness (General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Business Scenario)||35|
|Section 4||Reasoning (Logical and Analytical Reasoning)||35|
UPES MET 2019 Exam Pattern (Highlights)
The detailed information about UPES MET 2019 Exam Pattern is quite important for the candidates as this will guide them to apprehend about the layout of the question paper, how many marks will be given for each right answer and how much will be deducted for wrong one, what will be the type of the questions, how many sections will be there and also the number of questions in each section and much more. The candidates who have applied for UPES MET exam 2019 need to pay heed to the information of UPES MET 2019 Exam Pattern as given below:
- Mode of Exam: UPES MET exam 2019 will be held in both the online and offline mode.
- Time Duration of Exam: The authority has prescribed the total 2.5 hours for this exam and the applicants will have to finish the paper in this stipulated time only. There will not be any scope for extra time.
- Type of Questions: All the questions in this entrance exam will be of Multiple Choice or Objective type.
- Number of Questions: There will be total 140 questions in this paper and are evenly distributed to all the four sections.
- Number of Sections: There will be total four sections in UPES MET exam 2019 which are as under:
- General English
- Qualitative Analysis
- General Awareness
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning
- Questions Per Section: In each section, 35 questions will be there.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be given for every right answer.
UPES MET Syllabus 2019
The UPES MET 2019 Syllabus contains the below mentioned sections:
- Quantitative Ability
- Data Interpretation
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning
- General English
- Quantitative Ability: It covers the topics Arithmetic, Modern Mathematics, Algebra, Number System, Geometry, Higher Mathematics etc
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning: It includes the topics such as Data Arrangement, Venn Diagram, Seating Arrangement, Family Tree, Blood Relations, Matching Puzzles etc.
- Data Interpretation: The topics of Pie Chart, Line Graph, Bar Graph, Combination of Graphs, Tables, Caselet etc will be covered in this part of UPES MET 2019 exam paper.
- General English: In this section of UPES MET 2019 exam paper, Sentence Correction, Grammar, Para Jumble, Vocabulary, Para Completion, Word Usage, Fact Inference Judgment, Fill in the blanks etc will be the topics.
The above mentioned content discusses everything about the UPES MET 2019 Exam Pattern and the topics that will be covered in it. All you need to do is to make a thorough study of the pattern and syllabus and make a proper time table that will include every section on daily basis. Refer to the books of acclaimed authors for right study material. Also try to solve the previous year papers for better understanding of the UPES MET 2019 Exam Pattern