Top Management Entrance Exams in India – As known, most of the top management schools in India accept common admission tests for admission. However, CAT is not the only option if you want to gain admission to one of the top management schools in India. There are nearly 50 such management exams that will certainly allow you to enter one of the best B-schools in India. Some of these audits are conducted at the country level and others at the national level. The score of the joint entry test is considered by almost all B schools in India, but there are numerous other exams with which MBA hopefuls can accomplish their management visions. Here is a list of Top Management Entrance Exams in India
- CAT: CAT exam, or Common admissions test, is a computerized MBA admission test for inclusion in the IIMs and many other prominent B schools in the country. CAT exam is organized every year by the IIMs on a round-robin basis.
- MAT: Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is a consistent test held since 1988 to make it easier for business schools (B schools) to review applicants for admission to the MBA and associated courses. Any university can accept MAT score for the admission based on the rank cards provided to the applicants. The major test of its kind in the nation, MAT will be the gateway to over 600 B schools in India.
- HPTU- MBA: The Himachal Pradesh Common Entrance Entry Test (HPCET) is conducted by the Himachal Pradesh Technical University (HPTU). The exam is offered for admission to the MBA by the HPTU and its affiliated universities, which are considered to be a university or other universities established under the State Act or constituent units.
- IBSAT: The IBSAT exam is a computer-aided test (CBT). It consists of multiple-choice questions and is held for two hours. The aim is to test the applicant’s ability in terms of analytical thinking, data adequacy, interpretation of data, quantitative techniques, reading comprehension and vocabulary. The application form is for admission to the MBA / PGPM program at IBS Ahmedabad, IBS Bengaluru, IBS Gurgaon, IBS Hyderabad, IBS Dehradun, IBS Jaipur, IBS Kolkata, IBS Mumbai and IBS Pune and the Ph.D. program (full time/part time) in general on the IBS campus in Hyderabad. The IBSAT Bulletin may be obtained by one of the following methods upon payment of Rs 1800.
- IRMASAT: IRMA will shortlist aspirants based on CAT 2018, XAT 2019 percentiles for admissions. In the ultimate selection process, applicants will have to take up ‘IRMASAT 2019’ a compulsory social awareness test at IRMA for admission to the PGDRM program.
- Joint Entrance Management Aptitude Test (JEMAT): The Joint Entry Management Eligibility Test (JEMAT) is a state admissibility of the Govt. West Bengal. This test takes place every year for admission to the PG bachelor programs approved by MBA/MHAICTE, which are offered by the state’s administrative institutions (both state and private). This test is carried out by the West Bengal Technical University in support of the state government in accordance with AICTE guidelines.
- MICAT: MICA, Ahmedabad organizes its own specific MICAT admission test for applicants applying for admission to the PGDM-C program on the basis of the CAT/XAT/GMAT results. The PGDM-C is MICA’s leading program, Ahmedabad. The two-year, full-time in-house program is approved by AICTE and is considered equivalent to an MBA by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). It’s a distinguished MBA course that produces leadership over rational thinking, communication, and end user-centricity.
- Mumbai University Integrated BMS-MBA Entrance Test: The university provides admission to the BMS MBA program for the academic year at the University of Mumbai, Thane Sub Campus. It is a combined course for a period of 5 years. The total seats available for the course are 60 seats. The applying candidate must have passed the university certificate or intermediate (10 + 2) or the corresponding certificate from a recognized board with at least 45% grades in total for the general category and 40% of the grades in total in the case of the reserve category from science, trade, art or any stream.
- NMAT: It is also acknowledged as one of the most important management entrance exams in India. The exam is currently being renamed GMAC to NMAT. The NMAT scores are accepted for admission to the Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Alliance University, SRM University, BML Munjal University, VIT University, ICFAI Business School, and Ansal University. The exam will be conducted in online mode and candidates will have to answer 120 multiple-choice questions in 120 minutes. Candidates can appear for the NMAT exam a maximum of three times. The highest score the candidate achieves is used by the candidate. The NMAT questionnaire consists of three sections, i. H. Language skills, quantitative skills, and logical thinking.
- PIM-MAT MBA Entrance Exam: PIM MAT is one of the most prominent aptitude tests conducted by R.A. Podar Institute of Management, Rajasthan. Aspirants who are zealous about higher qualifications in management can take this exam to be entitled their entry into any of the MBA, MBA (Services Management) and MBA (Executive) programs.
- Pondicherry University Distance MBA: Pondicherry University is known for being the best MBA in India and will provide you with a quality education at home. The MBA course covers marketing, finance, entrepreneurship, international business, human resource management, retail management, and tourism. In all these courses, they also offer online MBA.
- PU MET: Applicants who are seeking admissions to the MBA programs must appear in the entrance exam organized by the Punjab University. The shortlisting in the MBA programme is based on the performance of the candidate in the entry test, the GD and PI, which is conducted by the relevant authority.
- TISSNET: The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) is organizing a national entry test (NET) known as TISSNET. The exam will be organized for all master’s programs provided at the TISS campus. TISS does not provide an exclusive MBA program. In its place, it offers the MA in Human Resources Management and Industrial Relations (HRM & LR) on its Mumbai site.
Although CAT or XAT are two of the most prevalent exams among candidates, there are many other national and state MBA entrance test as listed above which the aspirants can take up to expand their probabilities of admission to a prestigious B school.